ADVERTISEMENT

Most 2020 thing of all would be...

MTobin

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
...a Purdue-Indiana B1G championship game in Lucas Oil that no one could attend.

99.8% of the time, the Bucknuts would not allow that to happen, but it is 2020.

...a Purdue-Indiana B1G championship game in Lucas Oil that no one could attend.

The. Most. 2020. Thing. Possible.

If IU/PU were undefeated in the OOB game, they'd meet again the next week for, basically, a ticket to the CFP.

Odds are VERY against that. But if it did, I'd be pretty convinced I was in a COVID fever dream.....and hope my family wouldn't pull the plug in the 4th Quarter of the IU vs. Clemson natty.....lol

Reactions: MTobin

Which happens first? An IU/Purdue BIG football championship matchup or a matchup for the BIG basketball tournament championship?

Which happens first? An IU/Purdue BIG football championship matchup or a matchup for the BIG basketball tournament championship?
Hoops, but it's incredible that's never happened. In the 25 years before that tournament started, it probably would have happened 7 or 8 times.

I'd actually say football is more likely.

IU could have a great year here and there and all it would take is one of the big 3 (or really just OSU) in the East to stumble and they could sneak in. Wouldn't be common, but could happen.

The West just seems to be a more wide open race each year to get in and there's no reason PU couldn't get in the rotation as the West rep more often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT