ADVERTISEMENT

Morrissette leads Purdue on senior day (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
A win Thursday definitely gets Purdue in the NCAA, although it might be already in ...

Link: Win

This team has found its early season groove again and is playing really well. But WBB has a way of doing somersaults and I think they need a win in the BTT to go dancing. PSU is coming off a really bad game and Illinois has been less than competitive. If we don't let down our intensity we should get that 20th win. If we can avoid MD or OSu, i think we have a shot at the semis and maybe avoid the dreaded 8/9 seed in the Dance. Let the games begin; this Boiler version is sure way better than the train that wrecked last season. We are no longer a national power, but we can win a lot in our conference and everyone likes to see a winning team.

Well in his last bracket Creme had us as his last team in and a 12 seed (down from 11 due to a procedural bump). I think he'll put out a new bracket today and we'll see where he has us but a jump to an 8/9 would seem unlikely to me. Of course, his view of our seed may not be correct either. An 11 seed would not be so bad. Gives us a little tougher first round opponent but if we win it our second round opponent would be less of a juggernaut than if we were a 7-10 seed.

Yep prob have to beat PSU. No excuses, but we were really lucky to beat them in that OT game and they will have the revenge motive--if they get by Illinois which has been playing better vs lesser teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT