ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota's first TD is the exact kind of play that always goes against us.

If that was a Purdue receiver there would a special commission set up in Washington DC to review the catch like the Zapruder film, analyzing every footstep and ball rotation.

Because it's Minnesota, the refs are just like "close enough".
Stop with the officiating excuses. Purdue should have easily won this game. Their offense sucks. 13 points against a bad D. Pathetic...

Reactions: Roeder and BBG
If that was a Purdue receiver there would a special commission set up in Washington DC to review the catch like the Zapruder film, analyzing every footstep and ball rotation.

Morgan had a first down on the slide and they took it away from him

Morgan had a first down on the slide and they took it away from him
Except taking away the first down was the correct call. They initially made the wrong call to give him the first. That TD catch was not even close to the right call and they didn’t even try to review it.

Except taking away the first down was the correct call. They initially made the wrong call to give him the first. That TD catch was not even close to the right call and they didn’t even try to review it.
Nope and of course those no calls for holding on the blizting Minn LB's

Nope and of course those no calls for holding on the blizting Minn LB's
What do you mean nope? Him being down before the first down is objectively the correct call, and the catch being complete is objectively the wrong call. And don’t even get started on holding..

The first Gopher td and Their opening drive of the second half decided this game.Other than that,the Purdue defense was good enough but the offense blew too many chances.
I do not necessarily disagree, but, it was inexcusable for those two TDs to happen as they did...far more so to begin the second half.

Purdue's defense was indeed good enough for Purdue to win today...it was the offense and ST that did Purdue in, but, had the defense not surrendered the long plays that it did today, Purdue wins despite those issues.

Could it be that Jeff Brohm is too interested in his next offensive drive and looking at his play sheet vs watching 150 + foot wide video board for review and bringing it to the attention of the refs?!

Plus, I thought every scoring TD is to be reviewed. With Purdue, just keep the game going!

Could it be that Jeff Brohm is too interested in his next offensive drive and looking at his play sheet vs watching 150 + foot wide video board for review and bringing it to the attention of the refs?!

Plus, I thought every scoring TD is to be reviewed. With Purdue, just keep the game going!

I don't think there is an automatic review (like in the NFL), but they should have at least looked at that because the receiver was going to the ground while making the catch. I guess CJB could have called a TO to try and get them to look at it (or used his challenge).....it was on the other side of the field, so it would have likely needed to come from the press-box. Just another bad break.....add it to the tally.

I think that's in the Pro's

I don't think there is an automatic review (like in the NFL), but they should have at least looked at that because the receiver was going to the ground while making the catch. I guess CJB could have called a TO to try and get them to look at it (or used his challenge).....it was on the other side of the field, so it would have likely needed to come from the press-box. Just another bad break.....add it to the tally.
Yes, it was a bad break. But the D held Minny to 20 points. Don't think you can ask for much more, especially when your offense is turning the ball over and putting you back on the field over and over again. This loss was on the O. Not on calls or bad breaks.

And if we scored 2 more time we would have won. But instead our offensive savior coach has to bench his recruited QB to start a walk on. Not bashing Adin as he played great but the staff has to do better. Our offense is miserable.

You forgot to mention one of those defensive holdings happened when Jalen Graham was getting held and tackled clearly on the edge
Karlaftis is held literally EVERY play...usually by 2 guys...it happened repeatedly directly in front of guys multiple times today, and, not a single flag was thrown. The guy is double- or triple-teamed, and, still being held because they can't block him, but, the referees flat ignore it.

To your point, it was insult to injury on that respective play when Graham was clearly held and those in attendance mistakenly assumed that was the call being made, only to have the phantom defensive holding called.

BIG officials suck...always have...always will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT