Dajuan Harris (Sr, #8 Kansas)
7 ppg, 2 rpg, 7 apg (44%, 16-4)

Jahvon Quinerly (Sr, NR Memphis)
14 ppg, 3 rpg, 5 apg (37%, 15-5)

Zakai Zeigler (Jr, #5 Tennessee)
10 ppg, 2 rpg, 5 apg (33%, 15-4)

Max Abmas (Sr, NR Texas)
17 ppg, 3 rpg, 4 apg (41%, 14-6)

Statistically speaking, he should for sure be on the list as his overall stats make him practically the favorite to win it. Then you watch his play the last 10 games or so and the eyeball test also confirms he should be on the list. Someone mentioned he is still a contender for the award (just not on the watchlist) is that actually accurate?

Statistically speaking, he should for sure be on the list as his overall stats make him practically the favorite to win it. Then you watch his play the last 10 games or so and the eyeball test also confirms he should be on the list. Someone mentioned he is still a contender for the award (just not on the watchlist) is that actually accurate?
no X ?

i mean i think it’s just a midseason list but an article above says it’s the 10 finalists. So who knows. Either way ridiculous he isn’t on there but it’s fine. Adds more fuel to the fire.

Here’s a Cousy finalist:

Jahvon Quinerly from Memphis — 25(!!!!!) years old, turning 26 this year (he turned 20 his Frosh year)

During the most recent Memphis 4 game losing streak:

12 ppg
34% overall from field
27% from 3
17 assists (4 per game)
14 Turnovers (3 per game)
13 rebounds (3 per game)

I believe both Braden and Boo are deserving. I can’t comment on the others. It should be noted Trey of the Atlanta Hawks also has outstanding “stats”. But has never been selected to any NBA all star game. Big Dog faced similar issues when playing for the Bucks. He was always that next guy until he finally made it.

We know the voting is subjective and a popularity contest. Let’s win a few games and complain about individual awards after the season.

I believe both Braden and Boo are deserving. I can’t comment on the others. It should be noted Trey of the Atlanta Hawks also has outstanding “stats”. But has never been selected to any NBA all star game. Big Dog faced similar issues when playing for the Bucks. He was always that next guy until he finally made it.

We know the voting is subjective and a popularity contest. Let’s win a few games and complain about individual awards after the season.
It’d be nice if they at least told ppl what their criteria was. And Boo for sure is deserving. I’d say Braden and him are at the top of this list.

And we aren’t the team so we can worry about the awards for them 😊

Maybe the media did this on purpose to make everyone talk about it.

I read that somewhere too but it doesn't make sense. I suppose it's only a "watch list" and not a "finalist" list.

I would rather be on Dickie V’s top 6 point guards than on the pre top 10 Vousy awards candidates. This will open eyes for the voters that didn’t include Braden and I would bet he will be in the season ending list, probably behind Kolek

Reactions: Cthreepo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT