ADVERTISEMENT

McIntosh and Purdue

Boiler96

True Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
I was told from a very good source that McIntosh attempted to commit to purdue over the phone, but Painter told him he did not accept commits via phone call and that an on-campus visit needed to be arranged. The visit was then scheduled, but in the mean time Collins was hired as the NW head coach. Collins went full court press on McIntosh, making him his #1 priority. He arranged for McIntosh to visit NW, one day before he was supposed to be at Purdue for the visit that was scheduled to discuss commitment. For those of you that do not know this, McIntosh is a die-hard Duke fan. Collins met with McIntosh and arranged to have Carlos Boozer and Chris Duhon there as well. McIntosh discussed with them about how his dream was to one day coach college or pro basketball. As if you didn't know what was already coming next, Chris Collins had already arranged a sit down meeting with his father (former NBA coach Doug Collins). We all know what the end result was as McIntosh is off to a great college career start at Northwestern and Painter was left in a recruiting jam, with PJ Thompson commiting 6 months after McIntosh. I am not writing this to bash Painter and/or Thompson (I am rooting hard for the kid). I understand the idea of only taking in-person commits. I am just putting this on here to share how close we were to being solidified at point guard for the next four years. McIntosh is going to be a heck of a big ten point guard.

*I was told this from a high school school basketball coach at a legitimate Indiana school that deals with top level recruits/college programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News