ADVERTISEMENT

Max Christie - 2021 Update

Who do you feel like has prioritized you?
"Probably Purdue, Purdue has been calling me a lot, they tell me to call them a lot, so we have frequent conversations, obviously with their new coaching job with the assistant coach. So, I feel like Purdue has shown a lot of interest, and Purdue was a great visit when I went down there, just a great feel, Coach Painter is a great guy, they went far in the tournament this year, so I think Purdue is a great team, and I feel like they’ve shown the most interest."

Interesting. Wonder if Micah is going to be key in his recruitment. I don't recall ever seeing an Assistant Coaching job ever coming up in any context with recruiting a player.

Dang, this is from Dwom Odom about the Xavier coaches (he committed last July)

“I have an excellent relationship with all of the coaches,” said Odom. “I talk to all of them about every day, and I talk with Coach Jonas (Hayes) sometimes three or four times per day. We all have a good relationship, and they are a great group of coaches.”

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Who do you feel like has prioritized you?
"Probably Purdue, Purdue has been calling me a lot, they tell me to call them a lot, so we have frequent conversations, obviously with their new coaching job with the assistant coach. So, I feel like Purdue has shown a lot of interest, and Purdue was a great visit when I went down there, just a great feel, Coach Painter is a great guy, they went far in the tournament this year, so I think Purdue is a great team, and I feel like they’ve shown the most interest."

Interesting. Wonder if Micah is going to be key in his recruitment. I don't recall ever seeing an Assistant Coaching job ever coming up in any context with recruiting a player.

This might just be because gary was involved at the start and they wanted him comfortable with micah.
Be huge to land a guy like this. The interest from top guys has taken an uptick for sure. One more deep run and landing these guys could be frequent

This might just be because gary was involved at the start and they wanted him comfortable with micah.
Be huge to land a guy like this. The interest from top guys has taken an uptick for sure. One more deep run and landing these guys could be frequent
Recruiting momentum...I guess....

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Dang, this is from Dwom Odom about the Xavier coaches (he committed last July)

“I have an excellent relationship with all of the coaches,” said Odom. “I talk to all of them about every day, and I talk with Coach Jonas (Hayes) sometimes three or four times per day. We all have a good relationship, and they are a great group of coaches.”
Funny you mention Jonas Hayes. Guy spent 11 years at Georgia as a player and coach, is a really good recruiter, and leaves his alma mater after 1 year with Clappy the Weirdo.

Hayes is in his office one day around noon, and Clappy calls him and says he wants to talk with him about recruiting, so please stick around. Hayes hangs out at the office all afternoon and into the evening, and no Clappy. So around 7:30 he figured Clappy forgot or had something else come up, so he heads home.

AT ONE IN THE FREAKING MORNING, Jonas gets a call from Clappy in the basketball office, wondering where he is!!!

A few weeks later Hayes takes off for Xavier.

Last edited:
Funny you mention Jonas Hayes. Guy spent 11 years at Georgia as a player and coach, is a really good recruiter, and leaves his alma mater after 1 year with Clappy the Weirdo.

Hayes is in his office one day arojnd noon, and Clappy calls him and says he wants to talk with him about recruiting, so please stick around. Hayes hangs out at the office all afternoon and into the evening, and no Clappy. So around 7:30 he figured Clappy forgot or had something else come up, so he heads home.

AT ONE IN THE FREAKING MORNING, Jonas gets a call from Clappy in the basketball office, wondering where he is!!!

I buy it. I for one can’t wait to get Crean out of the door here. The small UGA BBall fan base is drooling over the class he brought in but little do they know they’ll never be taught to play a lick of D!

Hayes is in his office one day arojnd noon, and Clappy calls him and says he wants to talk with him about recruiting, so please stick around. Hayes hangs out at the office all afternoon and into the evening, and no Clappy. So around 7:30 he figured Clappy forgot or had something else come up, so he heads home.

I can't believe IU let him go. Clappy the Clown was a perfect fit for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT