ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Haarms Signs

Beach, from what I have watched he is nothing like The Flying Dutchman we all remember so fondly, other than being tall and Dutch.
Long
Thin
Coordinated*
Athletic*
Runs well
Solid 3pt shooter
Can handle the ball*
Can move in a defensive stance*

Asterisk (*) indicates "for a 7 footer"

Looks like a stretch 4/5 to me.

Last edited:
It really seems as if there is a change in philosophy going on based on the types of players CMP is pulling in.

Certainly seems more offensive minded than defenisve.

The NBA loves 7 foot foreigners who can play on the perimeter, shoot the 3 and cause matchup problems. A lot of these Euro bigs aren't bangers and aren't going to play like a typical Big10 5.
Maybe MP is changing his offensive philosophy and moving more towards and offense vs defense oriented team. Just sayin.

The NBA loves 7 foot foreigners who can play on the perimeter, shoot the 3 and cause matchup problems. A lot of these Euro bigs aren't bangers and aren't going to play like a typical Big10 5.
Maybe MP is changing his offensive philosophy and moving more towards and offense vs defense oriented team. Just sayin.
Or he is adapting his style to the best players he is able to land? Either way, I am happy to see more offense.

Or he is adapting his style to the best players he is able to land? Either way, I am happy to see more offense.
Yep. His philosophy hasn't changed much, IMO, as much as he took advantage of having Hammons and Haas on the roster. Having a Hammons or Haas is the exception, not the rule.

Yep. His philosophy hasn't changed much, IMO, as much as he took advantage of having Hammons and Haas on the roster. Having a Hammons or Haas is the exception, not the rule.

I don't think it is a change of philosophy...rather it is a change due to the playing style change and rule changes over the last few years. I think Purdue will continue to be a defensive minded team but having players who are able to move their feet and defend away from the basket is key...but on the offensive end, having guys like this creates problems for opposing teams with the new defensive rules. If you can put more athletic players on the floor to defend and put pressure on other teams and get to the free throw line, you have a greater ability to win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT