ADVERTISEMENT

Masks In Mackey

Here you go. Since we are cherry-picking sources and examples.

Any "news" article that uses the phrase "completely bulls*t" loses all credibility. That's not how reputable news is written, and this piece simply states what the author believes to be true, nothing more. You didn't like the Free Press because it's supposedly not objective, but you're willing to trust this source that doesn't even pretend to be objective (they describe themselves as "one of the top conservative news outlets in America)? This article is not proof of anything and doesn't even provide any actual information that is in conflict with what's in the Free Press article. It''s just doing exactly what you're doing: hearing the official explanation and then deciding, without proof, that the person giving the explanation must be lying. It doesn't provide any actual evidence that the official explanation is not correct, it simply claims that it isn't. It was also written before the investigation was completed, so it's literally expressing its position before all the information was available.
Is this source wrong that 50 ballots resulted in 306 cast votes in one precinct?
It's a little bit wrong, because, as stated in the Free Press article (despite it being biased, apparently), it was 307 and 52. Does that one box in one precinct being off by that much, say anything about what happened in other precincts? Apparently, most of the precincts with discrepancies were off by 1 ballot and almost all the rest were off by 2-5 (SOURCE), though that was BEFORE they were able to track down many of the specific errors and get the total discrepancy down to about 200 votes city-wide, as stated in the earlier article I posted. If it was fraud, it was really poorly conceived and executed.

Recounts in all elections routinely change the total at least by a few votes, even in Republican areas. This is proof that errors are not uncommon in vote tallying, so it is reasonable that the possibility at least exists that the Detroit problems were, in fact, errors. If errors never happened, there'd never be a reason to call for a recount. The fact that recounts exist is an acknowledgement that it is possible for errors to be made. With two candidate explanations for what happened in Detroit in 2016 (1. errors, which we know happen every election; 2. fraud, for which even the Trump election integrity commission found no evidence), you have simply chosen to believe the less likely of the two.
And was the recount halted or completed? How can you possibly say that the recount was halted, but you know the final vote count? You are now arguing with yourself.
It was halted statewide, but it was never started in these particular precincts that were deemed ineligible for recount specifically because of these errors that were discovered at the beginning of the recount process. I didn't say anything about the final vote count, we're talking about total number of ballots cast in these precincts, not how many votes each candidate got. You don't need to do a recount (which is designed to verify how many votes went to each candidate) to compare the total number of ballots in the boxes with the number that there should be. I'm saying they were able to determine how many extra votes they counted (whether by mistake, as apparently seems to be true, or on purpose, as you believe). If they couldn't have known anything because they didn't finish the recount, then how do you know about the errors in order to be able to complain about them in the first place?

I'm done here, I know I won't change your mind and I doubt you have access to the type of evidence that it would take to prove that what occurred in Detroit in 2016 was, in fact, the result of fraud. Further, you haven't backed up any of your original claims (that democrats "demanded" recounts, that those recounts were halted because Trump was gaining, that this happened in "every" state in which there was a recount, and that the proof for all these things was in the "public record"). All you have done is point out a discrepancy in one city -- the existence of which is not in dispute and which, ironically, may not have been discovered if not for the recount that Trump tried to prevent -- for which a completely reasonable explanation has been proposed, but that you simply don't accept and that wouldn't have affected the election anyway.

What's more, when I pointed out all these things that were wrong with your claims, you focused in on Michigan only, without acknowledging that you were wrong about the other states. Then, you provided an incorrect timeline of events in Michigan, and when I pointed out this incorrect timeline, you attacked my source (from an unrelated point) as not being reputable without acknowledging that you were wrong about your incorrect timeline. Then, to attempt to prove that my source was not reputable, you provided an opinion article from an even less reputable source that actually used the same data point as my original source in order to support its position, which also happened to be your position. You'll notice that I haven't actually expressed an opinion regarding whether there was fraud in Detroit. I've simply pointed out that there's nothing in the public record that supports the claim that there was, and that those who looked into it determined that poor training of poll workers was to blame for the discrepancies. That's not my opinion, that's the public record, and until such time as there is actual evidence to refute it, there is no reason to believe that it is not accurate.

Aside from all of that, as I stated earlier, you're trying to use an election in which Republicans won the presidency, the house, the senate, 8 of 14 open governorships, and gained 43 seats in state legislatures across the country as evidence of Democratic cheating.

kevin-hart-say-what.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Blaze Maker
Any "news" article that uses the phrase "completely bulls*t" loses all credibility. That's not how reputable news is written, and this piece simply states what the author believes to be true, nothing more. You didn't like the Free Press because it's supposedly not objective, but you're willing to trust this source that doesn't even pretend to be objective (they describe themselves as "one of the top conservative news outlets in America)? This article is not proof of anything and doesn't even provide any actual information that is in conflict with what's in the Free Press article. It''s just doing exactly what you're doing: hearing the official explanation and then deciding, without proof, that the person giving the explanation must be lying. It doesn't provide any actual evidence that the official explanation is not correct, it simply claims that it isn't. It was also written before the investigation was completed, so it's literally expressing its position before all the information was available.

It's a little bit wrong, because, as stated in the Free Press article (despite it being biased, apparently), it was 307 and 52. Does that one box in one precinct being off by that much, say anything about what happened in other precincts? Apparently, most of the precincts with discrepancies were off by 1 ballot and almost all the rest were off by 2-5 (SOURCE), though that was BEFORE they were able to track down many of the specific errors and get the total discrepancy down to about 200 votes city-wide, as stated in the earlier article I posted. If it was fraud, it was really poorly conceived and executed.

Recounts in all elections routinely change the total at least by a few votes, even in Republican areas. This is proof that errors are not uncommon in vote tallying, so it is reasonable that the possibility at least exists that the Detroit problems were, in fact, errors. If errors never happened, there'd never be a reason to call for a recount. The fact that recounts exist is an acknowledgement that it is possible for errors to be made. With two candidate explanations for what happened in Detroit in 2016 (1. errors, which we know happen every election; 2. fraud, for which even the Trump election integrity commission found no evidence), you have simply chosen to believe the less likely of the two.

It was halted statewide, but it was never started in these particular precincts that were deemed ineligible for recount specifically because of these errors that were discovered at the beginning of the recount process. I didn't say anything about the final vote count, we're talking about total number of ballots cast in these precincts, not how many votes each candidate got. You don't need to do a recount (which is designed to verify how many votes went to each candidate) to compare the total number of ballots in the boxes with the number that there should be. I'm saying they were able to determine how many extra votes they counted (whether by mistake, as apparently seems to be true, or on purpose, as you believe). If they couldn't have known anything because they didn't finish the recount, then how do you know about the errors in order to be able to complain about them in the first place?

I'm done here, I know I won't change your mind and I doubt you have access to the type of evidence that it would take to prove that what occurred in Detroit in 2016 was, in fact, the result of fraud. Further, you haven't backed up any of your original claims (that democrats "demanded" recounts, that those recounts were halted because Trump was gaining, that this happened in "every" state in which there was a recount, and that the proof for all these things was in the "public record"). All you have done is point out a discrepancy in one city -- the existence of which is not in dispute and which, ironically, may not have been discovered if not for the recount that Trump tried to prevent -- for which a completely reasonable explanation has been proposed, but that you simply don't accept and that wouldn't have affected the election anyway.

What's more, when I pointed out all these things that were wrong with your claims, you focused in on Michigan only, without acknowledging that you were wrong about the other states. Then, you provided an incorrect timeline of events in Michigan, and when I pointed out this incorrect timeline, you attacked my source (from an unrelated point) as not being reputable without acknowledging that you were wrong about your incorrect timeline. Then, to attempt to prove that my source was not reputable, you provided an opinion article from an even less reputable source that actually used the same data point as my original source in order to support its position, which also happened to be your position. You'll notice that I haven't actually expressed an opinion regarding whether there was fraud in Detroit. I've simply pointed out that there's nothing in the public record that supports the claim that there was, and that those who looked into it determined that poor training of poll workers was to blame for the discrepancies. That's not my opinion, that's the public record, and until such time as there is actual evidence to refute it, there is no reason to believe that it is not accurate.

Aside from all of that, as I stated earlier, you're trying to use an election in which Republicans won the presidency, the house, the senate, 8 of 14 open governorships, and gained 43 seats in state legislatures across the country as evidence of Democratic cheating.

kevin-hart-say-what.gif
Because they did.

The Gateway Pundit?!? That's some serious tin-foil hat sourcing. I mean ... not trusting aspects of the government or media? Sure. But THE GATEWAY PUNDIT? That's another level of Info-Wars nut-jobbery:

2016 election​

The Gateway Pundit promoted false rumors about voter fraud and Hillary Clinton's health.[38][52][53][54] Specifically, rumors of Hillary Clinton's poor health were disseminated via The Gateway Pundit's articles entitled, "Breaking: 71% of Doctors Say Hillary Health Concerns Serious, Possibly Disqualifying!" and "Wow! Did Hillary Clinton Just Suffer a Seizure on Camera?"[52][54] Regarding voter fraud, The Gateway Pundit published an unsubstantiated report during the 2016 presidential election from the Internet Research Agency, a Russian troll farm, claiming that Republicans had accused Broward County, Florida officials of tampering with mail-in ballots.[55]

Misidentifying shooters and terrorists​

The Gateway Pundit has a record of misidentifying perpetrators of shootings and terror attacks.[56]

In October 2017, The Gateway Pundit published an article falsely implicating an innocent person as the shooter in the 2017 Las Vegas shooting. The article was promoted by Google as a "top story" for searches for his name.[57] The Gateway Pundit asserted that New York Times reporter Rukmini Callimachi had reported that ISIS may have evidence that it was behind the shooting, but Callimachi denied that she had ever made such an assertion.[58]

Shortly after the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, in which a person drove a vehicle into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing one, The Gateway Pundit falsely identified a young man from Michigan as the driver.[59] After the misidentification took place, the family went into hiding after receiving several death threats.[60][61] Together with his father, the Michigan man filed a defamation lawsuit against the publication and other related parties.[59]

The Gateway Pundit promoted conspiracy theories about the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.[62] In February 2018, The Gateway Pundit published an article erroneously stating that school shooter Nikolas Cruz was a registered Democrat, citing a registered Broward County voter with a similar name. The website later corrected its mistake.[63][64] Later that month, The Gateway Pundit was one of a number of far-right websites that pushed the claim that at least one of the teenage survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting was a deep state pawn,[65] alleging that David Hogg's gun control activism was being coached by his retired FBI agent father.[66]

In July 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed that a man arrested with bomb-making equipment and illegal weapons had been a "leftist antifa terrorist". The individual in question was however a conservative whose Facebook profile was littered with pro-Second Amendment memes.[67]

In August 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely identified a Reddit user as the perpetrator of the Jacksonville Landing shooting.[68][50]

Other​

In December 2017, The Gateway Pundit published a Reddit post as evidence that Democratic activists were committing voter fraud in the 2017 Alabama Senate special election.[69] The redditor behind the post later said that the post was intended "as an obvious troll."[69] When asked by The Washington Post, the writer of the Gateway Pundit post declined to say whether he had contacted the redditor to verify the information; later the Gateway Pundit story contained an update at the bottom: "Liberals say these are fake Reddit posts(?) Regardless, the posts are still up on Reddit and the posters are still encouraging Democrats to cheat."[69] Also in December 2017, The Gateway Pundit published a story falsely saying that Facebook had taken down a previous Gateway Pundit story about the Alabama election, when in fact a Facebook algorithm had made it less prevalent after it had been flagged as fake news.[70]

In April 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed in a headline that two prominent African-American conservative video bloggers – Diamond and Silk – had been censored by Facebook.[71]

In July 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed that then-senator Kamala Harris had lied about her school's integration history.[72] The article was cited by radio host Larry Elder and others in June 2019 after Harris confronted then-presidential candidate Joe Biden over his opposition to busing during the first Democratic presidential debate.[73]

In September 2018, after psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford alleged that U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in the 1980s when they were teenagers, The Gateway Pundit published an article[74] erroneously claiming that Kavanaugh's mother, a district court judge in Maryland, had once ruled in a foreclosure case against Dr. Ford's parents, creating what The Gateway Pundit called "bad blood" between the two families.[75] In an update, The Gateway Pundit noted, "CBS News reports the case was settled amicably and the Blaseys kept their house."[75]

On October 30, 2018, NBC News and The Atlantic published articles detailing a scheme to falsely accuse Robert Mueller of sexual misconduct in 1974. The articles reported involvement by Jack Burkman and Jacob Wohl, the latter a writer for The Gateway Pundit. Hours after these reports, The Gateway Pundit published on its site "exclusive documents" about a "very credible witness" to support the accusations against Mueller. Each document had in its header the phrase "International Private Intelligence," the business slogan of Surefire Intelligence, a firm created by Wohl. The site removed the documents later that day, stating they were investigating the matter, as well as "serious allegations against Jacob Wohl."[47] The following day, The Gateway Pundit's owner Jim Hoft retweeted Wohl's comment suggesting Mueller's office was actually behind the scheme. Mueller's office had days earlier referred the scheme to the FBI. Burkman and Wohl convened a press conference outside Washington on November 1, ostensibly to present a woman who they said signed an affidavit, which Gateway Pundit had published, accusing Mueller of raping her in a New York hotel room in 2010 — on a date he was contemporaneously reported by The Washington Post to be serving jury duty in Washington.[76] The men accused Mueller's office of "leaking" the eight year-old Post story to discredit their allegations. The purported accuser, a Carolyne Cass, did not appear at the press conference, with the men asserting she had panicked in fear of her life and taken a flight to another location. Soon after the press conference, Hoft announced that The Gateway Pundit had "suspended [their] relationship" with Wohl.[77][78][79][80]

In November 2020, The Gateway Pundit erroneously stated that a software glitch during the 2020 United States presidential election led to 10,000 votes in Rock County, Wisconsin, being "moved" from incumbent president Donald Trump to his opponent, Joe Biden; the article was then promoted by Eric Trump, President Trump's son and executive vice president of the Trump Organization. The article was disputed by the Associated Press, which stated that the supposed discrepancy was caused by a technical error in AP's reporting of results obtained from Rock County's election website, an error that was resolved within minutes and did not pertain to the counting of actual ballots. Rock County clerk Lisa Tollefson stated that The Gateway Pundit reported incorrect information, and that the county stood by the final tally. The Wisconsin Elections Commission later added: "The AP’s error in no way reflects any problem with how Rock County counted or posted unofficial results. The WEC has confirmed with Rock County that their unofficial results reporting was always accurate. [...] These errors have nothing to do with Wisconsin’s official results, which are triple checked at the municipal, county and state levels before they are certified."[81][82][83]

In December 2020, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed that Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's brother "Ron" worked for a Chinese tech firm. Raffensperger's brother's name was not Ron and he did not work for a Chinese company.[84]

Days after the results of the 2021 Maricopa County presidential ballot audit were released, The Gateway Pundit published an altered version of the auditors' report which falsely stated, "the election should not be certified, and the reported results are not reliable." The Gateway Pundit wrote it acquired the altered document from "Byrne." Patrick Byrne, a staunch Trump supporter, was a major promoter of and donor to the Maricopa County audit. Byrne denied he was the source of the document.[85]

Jim Hoft​

In March 2013, Hoft was awarded the Reed Irvine Award for New Media by the Accuracy in Media watchdog at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).[86][87]

In August 2013, Hoft contracted a serious strep infection, lost his vision in one eye, suffered five strokes, and required 12 hours of open-heart surgery. Three months after his treatment and before the imminent loss of his health insurance, Hoft stated that it was the Affordable Care Act that had caused insurance companies to leave the marketplace in his home state of Missouri.[88]

Following the 2016 mass shooting at the gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, Hoft came out as gay, blamed Barack Obama for the massacre and derided "leftwing gay activists" Sally Kohn and Perez Hilton for blaming the National Rifle Association and Christianity for the attack.[37]

On March 4, 2017, Hoft spoke at the Spirit of America Rally in Nashville, Tennessee, and announced that he was starting an event, "The Real News Correspondents' Dinner", to compete with the White House Correspondents' Dinner. The event occurred as planned on April 28, 2017.[89]

In February 2018, Hoft was scheduled to participate in a Conservative Political Action Conference panel titled "Social Media Censorship." After CPAC preemptively removed him from the discussion on censorship following Hoft's coverage of the recent Florida mass shooting, he stated that CPAC was in effect engaging in its own form of censorship.[90]

kevin-hart-say-what.gif
Michigan, and especially Detroit, has a long history of voter fraud. Including the 2020 election. Continually writing it off as "poor training, but not fraud" has gotten to the point of being silly. But that's the repeated narrative. The politicians and media try too hard to make it seem like abberations -- every time. There's no reason to stop if people ignore it.

Reactions: IUhaterade
The Gateway Pundit?!? That's some serious tin-foil hat sourcing. I mean ... not trusting aspects of the government or media? Sure. But THE GATEWAY PUNDIT? That's another level of Info-Wars nut-jobbery:

2016 election​

The Gateway Pundit promoted false rumors about voter fraud and Hillary Clinton's health.[38][52][53][54] Specifically, rumors of Hillary Clinton's poor health were disseminated via The Gateway Pundit's articles entitled, "Breaking: 71% of Doctors Say Hillary Health Concerns Serious, Possibly Disqualifying!" and "Wow! Did Hillary Clinton Just Suffer a Seizure on Camera?"[52][54] Regarding voter fraud, The Gateway Pundit published an unsubstantiated report during the 2016 presidential election from the Internet Research Agency, a Russian troll farm, claiming that Republicans had accused Broward County, Florida officials of tampering with mail-in ballots.[55]

The Gateway Pundit has a record of misidentifying perpetrators of shootings and terror attacks.[56]

In October 2017, The Gateway Pundit published an article falsely implicating an innocent person as the shooter in the 2017 Las Vegas shooting. The article was promoted by Google as a "top story" for searches for his name.[57] The Gateway Pundit asserted that New York Times reporter Rukmini Callimachi had reported that ISIS may have evidence that it was behind the shooting, but Callimachi denied that she had ever made such an assertion.[58]

Shortly after the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, in which a person drove a vehicle into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing one, The Gateway Pundit falsely identified a young man from Michigan as the driver.[59] After the misidentification took place, the family went into hiding after receiving several death threats.[60][61] Together with his father, the Michigan man filed a defamation lawsuit against the publication and other related parties.[59]

The Gateway Pundit promoted conspiracy theories about the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.[62] In February 2018, The Gateway Pundit published an article erroneously stating that school shooter Nikolas Cruz was a registered Democrat, citing a registered Broward County voter with a similar name. The website later corrected its mistake.[63][64] Later that month, The Gateway Pundit was one of a number of far-right websites that pushed the claim that at least one of the teenage survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting was a deep state pawn,[65] alleging that David Hogg's gun control activism was being coached by his retired FBI agent father.[66]

In July 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed that a man arrested with bomb-making equipment and illegal weapons had been a "leftist antifa terrorist". The individual in question was however a conservative whose Facebook profile was littered with pro-Second Amendment memes.[67]

In August 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely identified a Reddit user as the perpetrator of the Jacksonville Landing shooting.[68][50]

Other​

In December 2017, The Gateway Pundit published a Reddit post as evidence that Democratic activists were committing voter fraud in the 2017 Alabama Senate special election.[69] The redditor behind the post later said that the post was intended "as an obvious troll."[69] When asked by The Washington Post, the writer of the Gateway Pundit post declined to say whether he had contacted the redditor to verify the information; later the Gateway Pundit story contained an update at the bottom: "Liberals say these are fake Reddit posts(?) Regardless, the posts are still up on Reddit and the posters are still encouraging Democrats to cheat."[69] Also in December 2017, The Gateway Pundit published a story falsely saying that Facebook had taken down a previous Gateway Pundit story about the Alabama election, when in fact a Facebook algorithm had made it less prevalent after it had been flagged as fake news.[70]

In April 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed in a headline that two prominent African-American conservative video bloggers – Diamond and Silk – had been censored by Facebook.[71]

In July 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed that then-senator Kamala Harris had lied about her school's integration history.[72] The article was cited by radio host Larry Elder and others in June 2019 after Harris confronted then-presidential candidate Joe Biden over his opposition to busing during the first Democratic presidential debate.[73]

In September 2018, after psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford alleged that U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in the 1980s when they were teenagers, The Gateway Pundit published an article[74] erroneously claiming that Kavanaugh's mother, a district court judge in Maryland, had once ruled in a foreclosure case against Dr. Ford's parents, creating what The Gateway Pundit called "bad blood" between the two families.[75] In an update, The Gateway Pundit noted, "CBS News reports the case was settled amicably and the Blaseys kept their house."[75]

On October 30, 2018, NBC News and The Atlantic published articles detailing a scheme to falsely accuse Robert Mueller of sexual misconduct in 1974. The articles reported involvement by Jack Burkman and Jacob Wohl, the latter a writer for The Gateway Pundit. Hours after these reports, The Gateway Pundit published on its site "exclusive documents" about a "very credible witness" to support the accusations against Mueller. Each document had in its header the phrase "International Private Intelligence," the business slogan of Surefire Intelligence, a firm created by Wohl. The site removed the documents later that day, stating they were investigating the matter, as well as "serious allegations against Jacob Wohl."[47] The following day, The Gateway Pundit's owner Jim Hoft retweeted Wohl's comment suggesting Mueller's office was actually behind the scheme. Mueller's office had days earlier referred the scheme to the FBI. Burkman and Wohl convened a press conference outside Washington on November 1, ostensibly to present a woman who they said signed an affidavit, which Gateway Pundit had published, accusing Mueller of raping her in a New York hotel room in 2010 — on a date he was contemporaneously reported by The Washington Post to be serving jury duty in Washington.[76] The men accused Mueller's office of "leaking" the eight year-old Post story to discredit their allegations. The purported accuser, a Carolyne Cass, did not appear at the press conference, with the men asserting she had panicked in fear of her life and taken a flight to another location. Soon after the press conference, Hoft announced that The Gateway Pundit had "suspended [their] relationship" with Wohl.[77][78][79][80]

In November 2020, The Gateway Pundit erroneously stated that a software glitch during the 2020 United States presidential election led to 10,000 votes in Rock County, Wisconsin, being "moved" from incumbent president Donald Trump to his opponent, Joe Biden; the article was then promoted by Eric Trump, President Trump's son and executive vice president of the Trump Organization. The article was disputed by the Associated Press, which stated that the supposed discrepancy was caused by a technical error in AP's reporting of results obtained from Rock County's election website, an error that was resolved within minutes and did not pertain to the counting of actual ballots. Rock County clerk Lisa Tollefson stated that The Gateway Pundit reported incorrect information, and that the county stood by the final tally. The Wisconsin Elections Commission later added: "The AP’s error in no way reflects any problem with how Rock County counted or posted unofficial results. The WEC has confirmed with Rock County that their unofficial results reporting was always accurate. [...] These errors have nothing to do with Wisconsin’s official results, which are triple checked at the municipal, county and state levels before they are certified."[81][82][83]

In December 2020, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed that Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's brother "Ron" worked for a Chinese tech firm. Raffensperger's brother's name was not Ron and he did not work for a Chinese company.[84]

Days after the results of the 2021 Maricopa County presidential ballot audit were released, The Gateway Pundit published an altered version of the auditors' report which falsely stated, "the election should not be certified, and the reported results are not reliable." The Gateway Pundit wrote it acquired the altered document from "Byrne." Patrick Byrne, a staunch Trump supporter, was a major promoter of and donor to the Maricopa County audit. Byrne denied he was the source of the document.[85]

Jim Hoft​

In March 2013, Hoft was awarded the Reed Irvine Award for New Media by the Accuracy in Media watchdog at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).[86][87]

In August 2013, Hoft contracted a serious strep infection, lost his vision in one eye, suffered five strokes, and required 12 hours of open-heart surgery. Three months after his treatment and before the imminent loss of his health insurance, Hoft stated that it was the Affordable Care Act that had caused insurance companies to leave the marketplace in his home state of Missouri.[88]

Following the 2016 mass shooting at the gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, Hoft came out as gay, blamed Barack Obama for the massacre and derided "leftwing gay activists" Sally Kohn and Perez Hilton for blaming the National Rifle Association and Christianity for the attack.[37]

On March 4, 2017, Hoft spoke at the Spirit of America Rally in Nashville, Tennessee, and announced that he was starting an event, "The Real News Correspondents' Dinner", to compete with the White House Correspondents' Dinner. The event occurred as planned on April 28, 2017.[89]

In February 2018, Hoft was scheduled to participate in a Conservative Political Action Conference panel titled "Social Media Censorship." After CPAC preemptively removed him from the discussion on censorship following Hoft's coverage of the recent Florida mass shooting, he stated that CPAC was in effect engaging in its own form of censorship.[90]
As I stated, if we are cherry-picking sources, we can just as easily find the extreme on the other side. The FREEP pushed the agenda for the Russia collusion hoax and 2 kangaroo court impeachments. Both were based on hypocrasy, lies, and crazy conspiracy theories.

I actually knew nothing about the Gateway Pundit. I simply performed a random search and picked them as an example. But reading through your "let's throw a bunch of sh!t at the wall and hope something sticks" post is mind-numbing. You discredit them because "Hoft was awarded the Reed Irvine Award for New Media by the Accuracy in Media watchdog at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC)"? Wow. This is proof that he is an evil liar.

Then there is "In April 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed in a headline that two prominent African-American conservative video bloggers – Diamond and Silk – had been censored by Facebook." You can't be serious. Facebook sensory conservatives? It must be a lie!

And "Hoft spoke at the Spirit of America Rally in Nashville, Tennessee, and announced that he was starting an event, "The Real News Correspondents' Dinner", to compete with the White House Correspondents' Dinner. The event occurred as planned on April 28, 2017." What? This is an example of a lie?

And "Following the 2016 mass shooting at the gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, Hoft came out as gay, blamed Barack Obama for the massacre and derided "leftwing gay activists" Sally Kohn and Perez Hilton for blaming the National Rifle Association and Christianity for the attack"? This is a joke, right? As they usually do, the mainstream media immediately blamed the right and the NRA for that attack before any facts were known. And as they usually do, they refused to report that the attack was comitted by a pro-Islam terrorist. Are you still saying that the NRA and Christianity was to blame?

Talk about nut-jobbery. I could go on, but you tried way too hard here. Most of this sh!t didn't even make it to the wall.

There are numerous reports from credible sources -- even in your eyes -- about lies and falsehoods published by the New York Times. If it is your contention (with a very weak list of examples) that The Gateway Pundit publishes lies, it seems that they are in good company.

2016 election​

Other​

Jim Hoft​

By the way, I notice you did not even site your source for your little cut-and-paste exercise. That qualifies as not only lazy, but also plagiarism. Wikipedia is hardly a credible source for topics such as this, as you have demonstrated.

As I stated, if we are cherry-picking sources, we can just as easily find the extreme on the other side. The FREEP pushed the agenda for the Russia collusion hoax and 2 kangaroo court impeachments. Both were based on hypocrasy, lies, and crazy conspiracy theories.

I actually knew nothing about the Gateway Pundit. I simply performed a random search and picked them as an example. But reading through your "let's throw a bunch of sh!t at the wall and hope something sticks" post is mind-numbing. You discredit them because "Hoft was awarded the Reed Irvine Award for New Media by the Accuracy in Media watchdog at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC)"? Wow. This is proof that he is an evil liar.

Then there is "In April 2018, The Gateway Pundit falsely claimed in a headline that two prominent African-American conservative video bloggers – Diamond and Silk – had been censored by Facebook." You can't be serious. Facebook sensory conservatives? It must be a lie!

And "Hoft spoke at the Spirit of America Rally in Nashville, Tennessee, and announced that he was starting an event, "The Real News Correspondents' Dinner", to compete with the White House Correspondents' Dinner. The event occurred as planned on April 28, 2017." What? This is an example of a lie?

And "Following the 2016 mass shooting at the gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, Hoft came out as gay, blamed Barack Obama for the massacre and derided "leftwing gay activists" Sally Kohn and Perez Hilton for blaming the National Rifle Association and Christianity for the attack"? This is a joke, right? As they usually do, the mainstream media immediately blamed the right and the NRA for that attack before any facts were known. And as they usually do, they refused to report that the attack was comitted by a pro-Islam terrorist. Are you still saying that the NRA and Christianity was to blame?

Talk about nut-jobbery. I could go on, but you tried way too hard here. Most of this sh!t didn't even make it to the wall.

There are numerous reports from credible sources -- even in your eyes -- about lies and falsehoods published by the New York Times. If it is your contention (with a very weak list of examples) that The Gateway Pundit publishes lies, it seems that they are in good company.
Just for yucks, I decided to check out one of the references cited in your cut-and-paste post. Specifically, you posted from Wikipedia (without crediting the source):

"In August 2013, Hoft contracted a serious strep infection, lost his vision in one eye, suffered five strokes, and required 12 hours of open-heart surgery. Three months after his treatment and before the imminent loss of his health insurance, Hoft stated that it was the Affordable Care Act that had caused insurance companies to leave the marketplace in his home state of Missouri.[88]"

That reference is to a CNBC story about some of the many problems with Obamacare. His quotes are as follows:

“The company I had, that actually paid over seven figures for the surgeries I had here in St. Louis, they’re pulling out of this market. So now I have to find a different company, and it looks like I only have two options.”

and

“Ezekiel Emanuel told us this—that all these companies were going to get out of the market and it was going to be taken over by the government. That’s what I’m finding out.”

If you rely only on Wikipedia for information, you may not know who Ezekial Emanuel is. He is the brother of Chicago mayor and former Obama staffer Rahm Emanuel. He is credited with being the chief architect of Obamacare. Because of Obamacare, Emanuel wrote, "Insurance Companies as We Know Them Are About to Die."

And you try to discredit an internet blogger who lost his insurance and believed Emanuel?

Wiki has a referenced summary of links to sourced info about the Gateway Pundit. This is not a doctoral thesis! That should suffice. You even just quoted the wiki article's footnoted link to the sourced article. That article quotes some crazy theories by Holt of the Gateway Pundit. Not sure if you were trying to self-own, but you have done so.

Just because fringe-of-sanity websites mix some truth with egregious falsehoods does not make them anything less than dangerous, awful, rabbit holes of guaranteed sadness. If you are really citing The Gateway Pundit, or (not sure if you have, but these are comparables) InfoWars, The Epoch Times, etc. then you have lost all credibility.

Good lord, the top three current Gateway Pundit's headlines are:
  1. "Newly released video shows Jan 6 political prisoner Jeremy Brown saving a female Trump supporter who was trampled by Capitol Police. Must see until the end"
  2. "Biden gang now making plans to vaccinate children ages 5-11-you can prevent this-instructions provided"
  3. "Liz Cheney whines about Trump's statement on Colin Powell, calls it 'Pathetic garbage'"
Those aren't cherry-picked greatest hits. If you can't admit that websites like this are wholly offensive and dangerous, that says that you need, and have, my prayers.

Last edited:
Wiki has a referenced summary of links to sourced info about the Gateway Pundit. This is not a doctoral thesis! That should suffice. You even just quoted the wiki article's footnoted link to the sourced article. That article quotes some crazy theories by Holt of the Gateway Pundit. Not sure if you were trying to self-own, but you have done so.

Just because fringe-of-sanity websites mix some truth with egregious falsehoods does not make them anything less than dangerous, awful, rabbit holes of guaranteed sadness. If you are really citing The Gateway Pundit, or (not sure if you have, but these are comparables) InfoWars, The Epoch Times, etc. then you have lost all credibility.

Good lord, the top three current Gateway Pundit's headlines are:
  1. "Newly released video shows Jan 6 political prisoner Jeremy Brown saving a female Trump supporter who was trampled by Capitol Police. Must see until the end"
  2. "Biden gang now making plans to vaccinate children ages 5-11-you can prevent this-instructions provided"
  3. "Liz Cheney whines about Trump's statement on Colin Powell, calls it 'Pathetic garbage'"
Those aren't cherry-picked greatest hits. If you can't admit that websites like this are wholly offensive and dangerous, that says that you need, and have, my prayers.
You'll have to do better. The author of the Wiki editorial failed as miserably as you did. Did you bother reading any of those links? Obviously not. I read one for you. Very, very lame. If you think Gateway Pundit is "wholly offensive and dangerous" :rolleyes: , the headlines you posted look exactly like the stuff put out by CNN and the NYT. Grow up.

You'll have to do better. The author of the Wiki editorial failed as miserably as you did. Did you bother reading any of those links? Obviously not. I read one for you. Very, very lame. If you think Gateway Pundit is "wholly offensive and dangerous" :rolleyes: , the headlines you posted look exactly like the stuff put out by CNN and the NYT. Grow up.
Are you saying Gateway Pundit is even in the same sport, let alone ballpark, as the NYT? That's absolutely HYSTERICAL. Gateway Pundit is infotainment, conspiracy theorist click bait. The New York Times is the paper of record for the US, along with LA Times, WaPo, and WSJ. You're seriously going to die on this hill?

Are you saying Gateway Pundit is even in the same sport, let alone ballpark, as the NYT? That's absolutely HYSTERICAL. Gateway Pundit is infotainment, conspiracy theorist click bait. The New York Times is the paper of record for the US, along with LA Times, WaPo, and WSJ. You're seriously going to die on this hill?
The NYT and WaPo are run by Libs, for Libs. Period.

The Washington post seems pretty good if you stay away from the editorial. The NYT became infamous for publishing unsubstantiated stories and the retracting them, always on the back page in small type.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Wall Street Journal is a good example of a trustworthy source with a conservative reputation.
WSJ has always been one of my bellweathers. I have questioned a few times since Murdoch bought out the paper. I was concerned he would "Foxifize" the Journal. Generally though, it still seems to be hanging on to integrity. I also like the "Economist" and "Forbes".

They both report with their own biases. So yes, they are the same. Check how many unsubstantiated "stories" with obvious liberal bias that the NYT has had to retract -- especially when it came to Trump. Based on what I see, the Gateway Pundit has more credibility because they say who they are. Based on your statements, you believe the NYT when they say they are balanced. lol. That's crazy cult talk. But go ahead and "die on that hill".

Did you notice that one of your other propaganda champions, CNN, has been pushing for children to receive the Covid vaccine before the FDA has determined whether it is safe. If you watch CNN, you'll see that Pfizer is a prominent sponsor. And the NYT has also been pushing for children to be vaccinated. Even using scare tactics on the cult. Liberal tenets.

Do you suppose Pfizer is a big advertising client? Hmm.

kevin-hart-say-what.gif
"Any "news" article that uses the phrase "completely bulls*t" loses all credibility."
And that's where we are. Liberals are so enamored with style over substance, the mainstream media can spew the most outrageous lies and block the truth, but they do it so eloquently that we should all follow them without question, with eyes glazed over.

You think Biden is a great President because they tell you he is. They won't even report what he is doing or saying because the truth completely undermines their narrative. And there is absolutely no scrutiny of Dem policies or the effect of these policies on Americans. "Credibility" is a strange word coming from you when talking about news sources.

Last edited:
This is who you guys are aligning yourselves with...Saint Fauci has been torturing and murdering puppies for years. Burn in hell Fauci. https://www.rt.com/usa/538296-congress-fauci-puppy-experiments/
Try looking at Snopes before posting some off brand story that sounds pretty far out. This was a study at the University of Georgia. All animal testing guidelines were followed. You lose a lot of cred here when you throw this sort of stuff at us. 8-(

Try looking at Snopes before posting some off brand story that sounds pretty far out. This was a study at the University of Georgia. All animal testing guidelines were followed. You lose a lot of cred here when you throw this sort of stuff at us. 8-(
Snopes?

Might as well consult Wikipedia, as well...;)

This story isn't going away anytime soon, and it's going to take a lot more than just a Snopes effort at saving Lord Fauci's reputation.

Snopes is the standard you're using for fact checking? Yikes.

Does this image do anything for you? For clarification, these are beagle puppies with their heads trapped inside mesh nets full of sand flies. Have you ever been bitten by a sandfly? How about for 22 MONTHS with no way to scratch or whine or escape?

How about for 9 days in a desert?

49576321-10125599-image-a-20_1635090299434.jpg

How about this from the Daily Mail?

This Snopes?

I might add that the National Institute of Health did provide funding that was used by a private company to test drugs. Part of that test was the use of puppies to test medicines. I do not support those who do these tests, but Fauci was not directly involved. The director of the NIH is someone named Collins. Even he probably didn’t know the details.

The point I contested was the implication that Fauci was directly responsible for this awful test. He probably had no idea. I have friends who know him directly, and they tell me he is a just a normal guy trying to navigate the ugly politics in Washington. That said, I don’t think he has done the job the way it should have been done. However, I don’t think he tortured puppies.
:cool:

I might add that the National Institute of Health did provide funding that was used by a private company to test drugs. Part of that test was the use of puppies to test medicines. I do not support those who do these tests, but Fauci was not directly involved. The director of the NIH is someone named Collins. Even he probably didn’t know the details.

The point I contested was the implication that Fauci was directly responsible for this awful test. He probably had no idea. I have friends who know him directly, and they tell me he is a just a normal guy trying to navigate the ugly politics in Washington. That said, I don’t think he has done the job the way it should have been done. However, I don’t think he tortured puppies.
:cool:
Doesn’t he run NIH? If so, he’s responsible.

Reactions: Pmayor and Abugabby
Doesn’t he run NIH? If so, he’s responsible.
Fauci? He does not, which mathboy already stated.

Fauci runs NIAID, which is one of 27 of the "institutes" that make up the NIH. I haven't looked into the puppy story enough to know either way, but only if NIAID funded or was otherwise involved with the research in question could any responsibility be assigned to Fauci.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT