ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Herrmann now member of Purdue radio broadcasts

NVboiler

Sophomore
Jul 6, 2018
I usually follow Purdue football games on the radio and have always enjoyed the knowledgeable broadcasters. Now Mark Herrmann has replaced the one who has retired. Pete Quinn. Hopefully the quality of the broadcast will remain the same as I always got more from their comments then watching the game myself on TV as you are restricted then by what the TV screen shows and not other things happening on the field during the play. It's also always nice to hear the game from a Purdue standpoint than some of the garbage from the TV announcers. Here's a current interview with him- .

Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
I usually follow Purdue football games on the radio and have always enjoyed the knowledgeable broadcasters. Now Mark Herrmann has replaced the one who has retired. Pete Quinn. Hopefully the quality of the broadcast will remain the same as I always got more from their comments then watching the game myself on TV as you are restricted then by what the TV screen shows and not other things happening on the field during the play. It's also always nice to hear the game from a Purdue standpoint than some of the garbage from the TV announcers. Here's a current interview with him- .
I always turned down the volume on my TV and listened to the Purdue radio announcers. Really going to miss Pete Quinn. Always loved his honest and positive approach to the game.

I always turned down the volume on my TV and listened to the Purdue radio announcers. Really going to miss Pete Quinn. Always loved his honest and positive approach to the game.
It was always a joy to listen to. It was also nice to hear about actual bad calls by officials which TV usually just ignored. Like a few years ago hearing how early in a game a Purdue player lying on the ground (Payne Durham) was kicked in the groin by a Minnesota player in front of an official and it was just ignored by him instead of a penalty and/or an ejection. That instance showed how the calls or non-calls would go against Purdue that entire game.

When I viewed games on TV using the radio sound it was always nice to know what was going to happen on TV because the radio broadcast was usually earlier. Therefore I woud know what to look for on the play and therefore got a lot more out of watching TV also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT