ADVERTISEMENT

Margin of victory at Assembly Hall...

I read an article that mentioned it was Purdue's largest margin of victory at IU since 1934, when Purdue won 47-13.

I didn't look into it further but it then got me wondering if that 13 pts was the lowest points Purdue has held an opponent to... or at least in an away game?

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Purdue did well. Partly because Purdue is a great team, and partly because iu chose not to double the post for whatever reason? Anyway, it was a fun watch.

I read an article that mentioned it was Purdue's largest margin of victory at IU since 1934, when Purdue won 47-13.

I didn't look into it further but it then got me wondering if that 13 pts was the lowest points Purdue has held an opponent to... or at least in an away game?
47-13?? Lol

Also, wonder how bad we beat them at home? Still remember cream running the score up on us when we were really bad and they were #1. I’d like to see us crush them by 40.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
47-13?? Lol

Also, wonder how bad we beat them at home? Still remember cream running the score up on us when we were really bad and they were #1. I’d like to see us crush them by 40.
Same but Painter is a professional and doesn’t do that sort of thing. One thing I remember about Tuesday was Myles grabbing the rebound and turning to go full speed down the court. Didn’t see the bench but he went from throttling up to walking real quick. Assuming he understood the assignment.

Last thing - one of the two people in that game is still coaching at their job. The other is an analyst.

Purdue did well. Partly because Purdue is a great team, and partly because iu chose not to double the post for whatever reason? Anyway, it was a fun watch.
Went the Izzo route from last year….and edey went on to avg 35 and 15 in those two games. Wonder if Izzo will double edey this year? 🤔

47-13?? Lol

On one hand their freshmen could struggle with intimidation like some other freshmen. On the other hand...and the one Matt would prepare for is a more competitive game. IU may not get in foul trouble and actually make some shots and Purdue could do a lot right and miss. Woody will point out Zach going to the floor and help ignite a more competitive fire in IU. I expect Purdue to win, but have a tougher game due to the embarrassment Purdue put on IU. However, if Purdue could intimidate them early at Mackey and be as comfortable at half as Purdue was in Mackey south then who knows.

Same but Painter is a professional and doesn’t do that sort of thing. One thing I remember about Tuesday was Myles grabbing the rebound and turning to go full speed down the court. Didn’t see the bench but he went from throttling up to walking real quick. Assuming he understood the assignment.

Last thing - one of the two people in that game is still coaching at their job. The other is an analyst.
Yeah I know painter doesn’t like to do it, wouldn’t mind seeing it though. Especially making a statement at the expense of an instate rival.

Yeah I know painter doesn’t like to do it, wouldn’t mind seeing it though. Especially making a statement at the expense of an instate rival.
Not only that, but Matt (being a coach and not a fan) will want to let other players get minutes. Matt wants to win and would like to do it with more players getting minutes and contributing as much as possible. That approach helps the team...especially in practice going forward. His job and what he hopes to accomplish differ from fans in a lot of ways. Now Matt has no problem winning by 40, but that would happen with others getting a lot more minutes. It is about the team and making them better even though a LOT of fans would like to see a huge point spread regardless.

On one hand their freshmen could struggle with intimidation like some other freshmen. On the other hand...and the one Matt would prepare for is a more competitive game. IU may not get in foul trouble and actually make some shots and Purdue could do a lot right and miss. Woody will point out Zach going to the floor and help ignite a more competitive fire in IU. I expect Purdue to win, but have a tougher game due to the embarrassment Purdue put on IU. However, if Purdue could intimidate them early at Mackey and be as comfortable at half as Purdue was in Mackey south then who knows.
I'm not sure the Loosiers have the guts to give a rat's ass. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Not only that, but Matt (being a coach and not a fan) will want to let other players get minutes. Matt wants to win and would like to do it with more players getting minutes and contributing as much as possible. That approach helps the team...especially in practice going forward. His job and what he hopes to accomplish differ from fans in a lot of ways. Now Matt has no problem winning by 40, but that would happen with others getting a lot more minutes. It is about the team and making them better even though a LOT of fans would like to see a huge point spread regardless.
Brilliance!!!

I'm not sure the Loosiers have the guts to give a rat's ass. I'll leave it at that.
THAT could be very true for some, but I think Galloway and maybe some others do. Still, what you saw...what I saw...will be why Woody will attempt to address that issue with Zach. It may fall on some deaf ears (some probably think IU was just a landing between steps from high school and the NBA should that happen) FWIW, it won't hurt my feelings if they don't give a rat's ass. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
THAT could be very true for some, but I think Galloway and maybe some others do. Still, what you saw...what I saw...will be why Woody will attempt to address that issue with Zach. It may fall on some deaf ears (some probably think IU was just a landing between steps from high school and the NBA should that happen) FWIW, it won't hurt my feelings if they don't give a rat's ass. ;)
We have the Indiana fighters ... They know what killing Loosiers means ... and are out to make it happen. Galloway knows he made a mistake ... so be it ... suffer the consequences

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT