ADVERTISEMENT

Mackey memories

Dodge St Boilers

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
Let's ride the positive wave from last night and relive some awesome moments from Mackey history. I love reading through stories about awesome games from the past and the specifics people tend to remember.

The Terrance Crump game winner against Virginia was my first ever regular season game. For some reason I was working at Windsor dining hall Wednesday nights and most games had been Wednesday that year or had conflicted with exams. I left work and showed up for the second half. I remember a possession late where the band started the long form fight song and the part where everyone sings timed up perfectly with the inbound and for an entire possession the entire building sang the fight song, which I don't think ever happened so perfectly again. I only missed two home games the remainder of my time at Purdue, one because I was at Michigan state for a football game and the other because of a job interview in Cincinnati. Regardless of circumstance, there's nothing quite like a game winner!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News