ADVERTISEMENT

LOSING TO WISCONSIN IS NO SURPRISE!

Sep 27, 2009
That Purdue lost to Wisconsin is no surprise. The real surprise will be if they win any more games at all. Not sure how a team that was fairly good when Brohm was coaching could have such a quick demise. Much has to be attributed to coaching. A new coach with no head coaching experience and a bunch of other team cast offs as assistants! After watching Walters again, he stands there transfixed, wondering where he's at! I'm waiting for someone to come up and pour water on his feet, like he's a tree in need of watering! Hard to be optimistic after a 1 and 3 start and looking at the schedule ahead!

Purdue made a head coach decision pretty fast.
well, Garrett Riley wasn't coming, Wake's coach who I was hoping for didn't want to move, one guy I mentioned who wasn't in the picture was Jonathan Smith ( Ore St) who's having a nice year so far at a tough place to recruit.

Trouble is not that it was a quality hire. I think the problem was that he had no head coaching experience.

Were we the first head coaching job for everyone’s favorite Hazell?

Trouble is not that it was a quality hire. I think the problem was that he had no head coaching experience.

He was a head coach, Kent State. On the surface it looked like a good hire, much better than the Walters hire. But a little deeper look and you would see his success was giving the ball to Dri Archer who could average something like 7 yards a carry in the MAC.

That Purdue lost to Wisconsin is no surprise. The real surprise will be if they win any more games at all. Not sure how a team that was fairly good when Brohm was coaching could have such a quick demise. Much has to be attributed to coaching. A new coach with no head coaching experience and a bunch of other team cast offs as assistants! After watching Walters again, he stands there transfixed, wondering where he's at! I'm waiting for someone to come up and pour water on his feet, like he's a tree in need of watering! Hard to be optimistic after a 1 and 3 start and looking at the schedule ahead!
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

No head coaching experience wasn’t the biggest problem, IMO. The bigger problem is he brought in a lot of young assistants with little experience.

No head coaching experience wasn’t the biggest problem, IMO. The bigger problem is he brought in a lot of young assistants with little experience.
I suspect the staff problem is a byproduct of Walter's inexperience. A first-time head coach probably isn't going to get experienced assistants to come to a mid-level program such as Purdue.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Why would an AD, if they care about the football program, hire a head coach with no head coaching experience. It's obvious Walters has no clue what he's doing. During the game he stands like a statue that's cemented into the ground staring into space. He seems to have no involvement at all. The only way Purdue is ever going to stop being a cellar dweller in the Big Ten is if they turn the standings upside down!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT