ADVERTISEMENT

Like a toenail fungus, it never goes away . . .

YouSayPotato

True Freshman
Jun 4, 2021

Hillary Clinton’s 2024 Election Comeback​

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have become unpopular. It may be time for a change candidate.​

By Douglas E. Schoen and Andrew Stein, Wall Street Journal, Jan. 11, 2022 12:28 pm ET

im-464571

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton poses at a showing of the film ‘Hillary’ in Berlin, Feb. 25, 2020.​

A perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once-unfathomable scenario plausible: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024. Several circumstances—President Biden’s low approval rating, doubts over his capacity to run for re-election at 82, Vice President Kamala Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket in 2024—have created a leadership vacuum in the party, which Mrs. Clinton viably could fill.

She is already in an advantageous position to become the 2024 Democratic nominee. She is an experienced national figure who is younger than Mr. Biden and can offer a different approach from the disorganized and unpopular one the party is currently taking. If Democrats lose control of Congress in 2022, Mrs. Clinton can use the party’s loss as a basis to run for president again, enabling her to claim the title of “change candidate."

Based on her latest public statements, it’s clear that Mrs. Clinton not only recognizes her position as a potential front-runner but also is setting up a process to help her decide whether or not to run for president again. She recently warned of the electoral consequences in the 2022 midterms if the Democratic Party continues to align itself with its progressive wing and urged Democrats to reject far-left positions that isolate key segments of the electorate.

In a recent MSNBC interview, Mrs. Clinton called on Democrats to engage in “careful thinking about what wins elections, and not just in deep-blue districts where a Democrat and a liberal Democrat, or so-called progressive Democrat, is going to win.” She also noted that party’s House majority “comes from people who win in much more difficult districts.”

Mrs. Clinton also took a veiled jab at the Biden administration and congressional Democrats in an effort to create distance: “It means nothing if we don’t have a Congress that will get things done, and we don’t have a White House that we can count on to be sane and sober and stable and productive.”

Even Bill Clinton recently set the stage for his wife’s potential 2024 candidacy, referring to her in an interview with People magazine as “the most qualified person to run for office in my lifetime, including me,” adding that not electing her in 2016 was “one of the most profound mistakes we ever made.”

We can infer based on these recent remarks that Mrs. Clinton would seize the opportunity to run for president again if an opening presents itself. But what are the odds that an opportunity will arise?
The Democrats’ domestic agenda is in disarray given the failure of Mr. Biden’s Build Back Better plan in Congress. Senate Democrats’ latest desperate push to repeal the legislative filibuster to pass their secondary legislative priority, voting-rights reform, will likely weaken their agenda further.

Mr. Biden’s overall approval rating is low (40%), as is his rating on issues including the economy and jobs (38%) and taxes and government spending (33%), according to a recent Economist/YouGov poll. Nearly two-thirds of independent voters disapprove of the president. Barring a major course correction, we can anticipate that some Democrats will lose important House and Senate races in 2022—in part for the reasons Mrs. Clinton identified—giving Republicans control of both chambers of Congress.

Polls generally show the GOP with a solid lead of at least 2 or 3 points in the 2022 generic congressional vote—a margin that likely would be enough to take back the House, given the narrow Democratic majority and the anticipated outcomes of redistricting in several states that could affect key races. Given the likelihood that Democrats will lose control of Congress in 2022, we can anticipate that Mrs. Clinton will begin shortly after the midterms to position herself as an experienced candidate capable of leading Democrats on a new and more successful path.

Mrs. Clinton can spend the time between now and midterms doing what the Clinton administration did after the Democrats’ blowout defeat in the 1994 midterms: crafting a moderate agenda on both domestic and foreign policy. This agenda could show that Mrs. Clinton is the only credible alternative to Mr. Biden, Ms. Harris, and the entire Democratic Party establishment.

Hillary Clinton remains ambitious, outspoken and convinced that if not for Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey’s intervention and Russian interference that she would have won the 2016 election—and she may be right. If Democrats want a fighting chance at winning the presidency in 2024, Mrs. Clinton is likely their best option.

I had to laugh, saw a video of her being interviewed recently and she's still making excuses for losing 2016, and of course she's still blaming Russia. Also, by the time next election comes around, she will be 77. I think age will also greatly work against Trump, but Biden has clearly shown you shouldn't have basically an 80 year old in charge. You have to worry to much about mental decline at that point, are there people that could do it, of course, but you have no way of knowing and it's really an unnecessary risk.

Reactions: Robinahood
I had to laugh, saw a video of her being interviewed recently and she's still making excuses for losing 2016, and of course she's still blaming Russia. Also, by the time next election comes around, she will be 77. I think age will also greatly work against Trump, but Biden has clearly shown you shouldn't have basically an 80 year old in charge. You have to worry to much about mental decline at that point, are there people that could do it, of course, but you have no way of knowing and it's really an unnecessary risk.
And don't forget that recently at a speaking engagement she gave her 2016 victory speech. Her and Bill should be in prison.

My prediction, I just have a hunch. The R's are going to nominate a woman. That would be a kick in the ass.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have become unpopular. It may be time for a change candidate.​

By Douglas E. Schoen and Andrew Stein, Wall Street Journal, Jan. 11, 2022 12:28 pm ET

im-464571

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton poses at a showing of the film ‘Hillary’ in Berlin, Feb. 25, 2020.​

A perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once-unfathomable scenario plausible: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024. Several circumstances—President Biden’s low approval rating, doubts over his capacity to run for re-election at 82, Vice President Kamala Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket in 2024—have created a leadership vacuum in the party, which Mrs. Clinton viably could fill.

She is already in an advantageous position to become the 2024 Democratic nominee. She is an experienced national figure who is younger than Mr. Biden and can offer a different approach from the disorganized and unpopular one the party is currently taking. If Democrats lose control of Congress in 2022, Mrs. Clinton can use the party’s loss as a basis to run for president again, enabling her to claim the title of “change candidate."

Based on her latest public statements, it’s clear that Mrs. Clinton not only recognizes her position as a potential front-runner but also is setting up a process to help her decide whether or not to run for president again. She recently warned of the electoral consequences in the 2022 midterms if the Democratic Party continues to align itself with its progressive wing and urged Democrats to reject far-left positions that isolate key segments of the electorate.

In a recent MSNBC interview, Mrs. Clinton called on Democrats to engage in “careful thinking about what wins elections, and not just in deep-blue districts where a Democrat and a liberal Democrat, or so-called progressive Democrat, is going to win.” She also noted that party’s House majority “comes from people who win in much more difficult districts.”

Mrs. Clinton also took a veiled jab at the Biden administration and congressional Democrats in an effort to create distance: “It means nothing if we don’t have a Congress that will get things done, and we don’t have a White House that we can count on to be sane and sober and stable and productive.”

Even Bill Clinton recently set the stage for his wife’s potential 2024 candidacy, referring to her in an interview with People magazine as “the most qualified person to run for office in my lifetime, including me,” adding that not electing her in 2016 was “one of the most profound mistakes we ever made.”

We can infer based on these recent remarks that Mrs. Clinton would seize the opportunity to run for president again if an opening presents itself. But what are the odds that an opportunity will arise?
The Democrats’ domestic agenda is in disarray given the failure of Mr. Biden’s Build Back Better plan in Congress. Senate Democrats’ latest desperate push to repeal the legislative filibuster to pass their secondary legislative priority, voting-rights reform, will likely weaken their agenda further.

Mr. Biden’s overall approval rating is low (40%), as is his rating on issues including the economy and jobs (38%) and taxes and government spending (33%), according to a recent Economist/YouGov poll. Nearly two-thirds of independent voters disapprove of the president. Barring a major course correction, we can anticipate that some Democrats will lose important House and Senate races in 2022—in part for the reasons Mrs. Clinton identified—giving Republicans control of both chambers of Congress.

Polls generally show the GOP with a solid lead of at least 2 or 3 points in the 2022 generic congressional vote—a margin that likely would be enough to take back the House, given the narrow Democratic majority and the anticipated outcomes of redistricting in several states that could affect key races. Given the likelihood that Democrats will lose control of Congress in 2022, we can anticipate that Mrs. Clinton will begin shortly after the midterms to position herself as an experienced candidate capable of leading Democrats on a new and more successful path.

Mrs. Clinton can spend the time between now and midterms doing what the Clinton administration did after the Democrats’ blowout defeat in the 1994 midterms: crafting a moderate agenda on both domestic and foreign policy. This agenda could show that Mrs. Clinton is the only credible alternative to Mr. Biden, Ms. Harris, and the entire Democratic Party establishment.

Hillary Clinton remains ambitious, outspoken and convinced that if not for Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey’s intervention and Russian interference that she would have won the 2016 election—and she may be right. If Democrats want a fighting chance at winning the presidency in 2024, Mrs. Clinton is likely their best option.
LinearTeemingHumpbackwhale-max-1mb.gif

im-464571

The only person she could maybe beat is Trump. Then only maybe.

2024 the rematch
trump vs hillary
Lol. That would be sad for America.

The Rs have many great candidates....anybody but Trump please.

As far as the Ds, it doesn't matter who they run. Their formula is all the same, every time.....

Talk centrism, but rule with exteme leftism, everytime.

Reactions: YouSayPotato
Lol. That would be sad for America.

The Rs have many great candidates....anybody but Trump please.

As far as the Ds, it doesn't matter who they run. Their formula is all the same, every time.....

Talk centrism, but rule with exteme leftism, everytime.
I don't disagree. Trump followed through on his promises and would be a great president again but my fear is he's unelectable. He'd have to drop all if the stolen election talk and focus solely on the issues and I'm not sure that would be enough.

I don't disagree. Trump followed through on his promises and would be a great president again but my fear is he's unelectable. He'd have to drop all if the stolen election talk and focus solely on the issues and I'm not sure that would be enough.
Already too much Trump hate baked into the electorate.

And Trump will never change his mean, crazy talk that scares the suburban moms & independents....which I always found highly entertaining. Still, he is incapable of change.

Already too much Trump hate baked into the electorate.

And Trump will never change his mean, crazy talk that scares the suburban moms & independents....which I always found highly entertaining. Still, he is incapable of change.
Very true and it's really too bad with special thanks going to the MSM. Still think we need a ticket of something like Desantis/Scott or Nome.

Very true and it's really too bad with special thanks going to the MSM. Still think we need a ticket of something like Desantis/Scott or Nome.
Trump is already criticizing Ron and there's 3 years to go. Going to be a bloodbath. Pick your side trumpers because anyone who challenges trump is going to be attacked relentlessly. He's all about divide and conquer........he doesn't care about the party or the country unless he's in charge.

The two most scary things to me are 1) people that voted against mean tweets and the working policies for an empty suit. 2) people that haven't learned a lesson and "could" consider voting against mean tweets and working policies for a future empty suit. People that call themselves "progressives" (as though that moniker fits) and always think the problem was with the person rather than the product...if only they had the right person again...and again...and again for 200 years

The two most scary things to me are 1) people that voted against mean tweets and the working policies for an empty suit. 2) people that haven't learned a lesson and "could" consider voting against mean tweets and working policies for a future empty suit. People that call themselves "progressives" (as though that moniker fits) and always think the problem was with the person rather than the product...if only they had the right person again...and again...and again for 200 years
Especially the mean tweets crowd. Honestly don't think he'll run, I think he uses the rally's to keep the fire alive in the republican party and I'm sure some of it's self serving. If he does run I doubt Desantis will but Pence will. Hid only hope of winning is to pick a great running mate with a while lot of charisma or if he's running against Willie's throw away.

Especially the mean tweets crowd. Honestly don't think he'll run, I think he uses the rally's to keep the fire alive in the republican party and I'm sure some of it's self serving. If he does run I doubt Desantis will but Pence will. Hid only hope of winning is to pick a great running mate with a while lot of charisma or if he's running against Willie's throw away.
Yeah, I have no idea what to expect. Anyone that can get elected and not be a politician as much as a businessman that has solid policies on the financial side and not a cultural maxist on the social side. Someone aware of the theories of climate change, but not willing to bankrupt the country on that theory at this time, particularly since China and Russia will do their own thing. Someone willing to instill freedom of speech "again" and not play to the ignorant on the 2nd as well. Someone interested in loosening the talons fo China on the USA, stopping all the illegals entering the country and thereby reducing the drug trade as well. Someone with policies that lead to more individual responsibility and accountability. That was quick and dirty, but no concern for mean tweets...just for stupid tweets.

Reactions: Robinahood

im-464571

There is an obvious problem here. Hillary, Trump and especially Biden are too old. Harris isn't, but appears incompetent. Time for new blood, new ideas and people who have no need for Depends.

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
There is an obvious problem here. Hillary, Trump and especially Biden are too old. Harris isn't, but appears incompetent. Time for new blood, new ideas and people who have no need for Depends.

Yea enough of these "get off my lawn" old codgers.

And can we get a President who is a new name ..... won't be long until the Ds drum up Mrs Obama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT