ADVERTISEMENT

Let's face it ....we're just not very good.

Oct 9, 2008
I know it is hard to admit, but this team is just not very good. There are a few nice players on the roster, but as a whole, this is a mediocre squad at best.

This is Purdue football .... a tradition rich in mediocrity! Always has been ...and always will be.

I think defense plays best when being aggressive and not playing to stop the big play, of course team needs Barnes in game to do this. Offense goes as the line gives QB time to throw, Plummer can run but if he goes down its gonna be bad.

Oh look, another un-creative nor original Iu troll.
To the point at hand though, this team is not very good...we all wanted/tried to believe (and convince) ourselves otherwise, but, it just is not very good unfortunately.

When you reach "rock bottom" four years in, that is never a good thing...and, in Purdue's case, it is really concerning. When the HC has nothing more to offer than some lame acknowledgment along the line of they have to get/be better, that compounds the concern. What was on display on Saturday was every bit as bad as anything that was ever on display by Hazell or Hope, and that is scary....more so in that it is four years in with this regime.

Until this season, I would contend that Brohm/staff did more with less...that they got the most out of what they had to work with more often than not...but that is not the case at all this year. The game management decisions are as bad now as they have been at any time in the four years that they have been here...there is a distinct lack of actual talent, maybe as much as at any time in the last 10 years...schemes on either side of the ball do not make a lot of sense seemingly...questionable personnel decisions...the fact that for four years there have been questions about who was/should be the starting QB is concerning as well.

When you realize that Purdue is on its 4th Special Teams coach in 4 years and it still haunts them, that is beyond concerning...at what point is the realization that it is not a coaching issue, but a personnel one, finally register?

Purdue has maybe the two single most talented individual WRs that it has ever had, yet, can't find ways to use/exploit that...with an alleged offensive genius as the HC...that should be incredibly concerning.

Purdue has been worse arguably with having Rondale Moore than it was absent him, and that is not just concerning, it is mind boggling.

Finally, that Brohm seemingly had more/greater success with guys from the previous regime opposed to his own guys is a significant concern of mine.

This is a very different year. Look at other teams records and their problems. Hopefully it is a temporary aberration. But it is disconcerting to have all the problems mentioned above.

I know it is hard to admit, but this team is just not very good. There are a few nice players on the roster, but as a whole, this is a mediocre squad at best.

This is Purdue football .... a tradition rich in mediocrity! Always has been ...and always will be.

we have talent

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT