ADVERTISEMENT

Legacy database

New Pal Boiler

All-American
Jun 30, 2010
I just saw that Will Loerzl visited this weekend, from Isidore Newman. (Manning alma mater)

Does the AD keep a database of former Purdue athletes?

I am wondering how Walters is on a Purdue legacy from Louisiana so quickly, whereas the Haze was clueless about a kid in Chicago with Purdue football bloodlines ON BOTH SIDES OF HIS FAMILY.

I just saw that Will Loerzl visited this weekend, from Isidore Newman. (Manning alma mater)

I am wondering how Walters is on a Purdue legacy from Louisiana so quickly, whereas the Haze was clueless about a kid in Chicago with Purdue football bloodlines ON BOTH SIDES OF HIS FAMILY.
Walters is going to show that hazell AND BROHM left some things to be desired.

Walters is going to show that hazell AND BROHM left some things to be desired.
I hope so!

I think while Brohm had the Xs and Os pretty well locked down on offense, his recruiting and defensive strategies could have definitely been better. I don't have illusions that we are suddenly going to be a national title contender or even really compete year in and out for the West....but I definitely think we can still upgrade the talent in this program consistently and when the schedule is favorable do well. Brohm was absolutely NOT a players coach and it seems like Walters might be. Couple that with a solid Defense, steady offensive play we should win 7-8 games consistently in most years IMO.

That said, 6-6 would be a rousing success next year IMO with Michigan and OSU on the schedule and a tougher than normal OOC schedule as well. If we can do that, we should be better positioned in 2024 to make a run at the west again and continue to improve. Not many coaches get to come in and not have to totally rebuild. It says a lot about Walters and staff that not a single guy already on the team followed Brohm to UL. Couple that with the talent Walters has already brought in I do think we are set up for some short and long term success. Just have to prove it on the field!

I hope so!

I think while Brohm had the Xs and Os pretty well locked down on offense, his recruiting and defensive strategies could have definitely been better. I don't have illusions that we are suddenly going to be a national title contender or even really compete year in and out for the West....but I definitely think we can still upgrade the talent in this program consistently and when the schedule is favorable do well. Brohm was absolutely NOT a players coach and it seems like Walters might be. Couple that with a solid Defense, steady offensive play we should win 7-8 games consistently in most years IMO.

That said, 6-6 would be a rousing success next year IMO with Michigan and OSU on the schedule and a tougher than normal OOC schedule as well. If we can do that, we should be better positioned in 2024 to make a run at the west again and continue to improve. Not many coaches get to come in and not have to totally rebuild. It says a lot about Walters and staff that not a single guy already on the team followed Brohm to UL. Couple that with the talent Walters has already brought in I do think we are set up for some short and long term success. Just have to prove it on the field!
Right off the bat with Walters, look at his results against run heavy teams last year with Illinois. Some of which have given us tremendous problems (Wisconsin).

Not only is that most of our conference schedule, but va tech and Syracuse also. I actually think we are going 7-5+ this year. Whether it’s 7-5 or 8-4 it might be ugly but I think we will barely find some good results

Right off the bat with Walters, look at his results against run heavy teams last year with Illinois. Some of which have given us tremendous problems (Wisconsin).

Not only is that most of our conference schedule, but va tech and Syracuse also. I actually think we are going 7-5+ this year. Whether it’s 7-5 or 8-4 it might be ugly but I think we will barely find some good results
Agree that if we are more stout vs. the run that our defense becomes much much better. Couple that with more pressure on a QB than we could muster over the past 10 or so years....we could end up being pretty good.

Most of my doubts lie on the offensive side of the ball...but Card seems game, we know we have capable WRs and TEs, the RB room is more experienced (but still in need IMO) and the OL seems to be improving in depth.

7-5 would be a great year and would be a rousing success to me. If we were to go 7-5 I for sure think we could be the West favorites again in 2024.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

How about the Allen family out of Hinsdale that all ended up a Michigan State - the father wrestled at Purdue in the 80's. I don't think they got recruited very hard. Like 10 years straight one of the three brothers was at Center for Michigan State

I hope so!

Greg Brohm was in charge of player relations I heard. Everyone loved that guy!

How about the Allen family out of Hinsdale that all ended up a Michigan State - the father wrestled at Purdue in the 80's. I don't think they got recruited very hard. Like 10 years straight one of the three brothers was at Center for Michigan State

Exactly!

But you can’t blame a coach with no Purdue background for not knowing about that family.

Everyone knows about Rosevelt Colvin and Glenn Robinson, but maybe not the Allen’s or the Loerzl’s.

Reactions: SLoopBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT