ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Bracketology (link)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

4 seed in the East. I'd actually love this bracket. Puts us in Spokane, since first two games aren't necessarily tied to the regional site, which treated us well the last time we played there IIRC and a potential 2nd round matchup with Baylor (who also treated us well the last time we saw them in March) or San Diego State.

IU is also in Spokane in this bracket although in a different region which would be interesting. Butler is also the first team out on this bracket. Would like to see them at least get in. Would make our loss to them not look quite as bad.

Interesting to look at although it doesn't mean much yet. Hopefully we can do some solid work in February and keep our resume strong.

really hope we can get a 3 seed (or better)
the 4/5 gets stuck playing the 1 sooner (although not as many dominant teams this year), and 5 historically prone to upsets.

Reactions: Frankie611
The tourney is going to be wide open this year. I don't think this Purdue team has played its best ball yet. I'm hoping we put it together in March.

Reactions: rgarlitz
really hope we can get a 3 seed (or better)
the 4/5 gets stuck playing the 1 sooner (although not as many dominant teams this year), and 5 historically prone to upsets.

Agreed - 4/5 is not the best slot to fall into because you have to play a top 25 team just to get to the sweet 16.

A 3 or, even better, a 2 is what we want. With all the upsets we're seeing throughout the season, it is possible for us to move up close to the top 10 in the polls and achieve a favorable seed like that. Just need to keep winning games. Boiler Up!

Reactions: Frankie611
Agreed - 4/5 is not the best slot to fall into because you have to play a top 25 team just to get to the sweet 16.

A 3 or, even better, a 2 is what we want. With all the upsets we're seeing throughout the season, it is possible for us to move up close to the top 10 in the polls and achieve a favorable seed like that. Just need to keep winning games. Boiler Up!
Honestly, I think X is better than UNC. In that bracket, I'd rather be the 4.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Honestly, I think X is better than UNC. In that bracket, I'd rather be the 4.

I agree with that actually - I was speaking generally about seeding preference rather than the currently forecasted bracket. X is scary good, I'd say a top 3 team, when they are on their game & they almost always are.

I agree with that actually - I was speaking generally about seeding preference rather than the currently forecasted bracket. X is scary good, I'd say a top 3 team, when they are on their game & they almost always are.
Plus NC just lost to L'ville, so no more #1 seed for them.

The tourney is going to be wide open this year. I don't think this Purdue team has played its best ball yet. I'm hoping we put it together in March.

Personally I never get worked up about seedings. It's about matchups. The teams that cry about seeding usually lose early. Obviously you want to avoid the 8/9 seed. To me the goal is a 6 seed or lower. You want to avoid the 1-2 seeds until at least the sweet 16.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
IU is also in Spokane in this bracket although in a different region which would be interesting. Butler is also the first team out on this bracket. Would like to see them at least get in. Would make our loss to them not look quite as bad.
Regarding Butler: 3 and 6 in big east and have already played the easy part of the schedule. We will need to do well this month so Butlers failure does not matter. I think the magic of a few years back in bulldog land is gone.

Regarding Butler: 3 and 6 in big east and have already played the easy part of the schedule. We will need to do well this month so Butlers failure does not matter. I think the magic of a few years back in bulldog land is gone.

People over-analyze things. The Butler game is not going to be a bad loss because they were still ranked at the time we played them.

Also, for teams that are "in" the tourney, good wins mean more than 1 random loss to a power 5 team - especially in December. We're not going to drop a seed or something because solely because we lost to Butler.

People over-analyze things. The Butler game is not going to be a bad loss because they were still ranked at the time we played them.

Also, for teams that are "in" the tourney, good wins mean more than 1 random loss to a power 5 team - especially in December. We're not going to drop a seed or something because solely because we lost to Butler.

The Illinois loss won't look good either and 21-2 with two losses to a top 5 team looks very different than 19-4 with two losses to teams that aren't ranked and at this point aren't trending well to be in the field. It's not the end of the world but it will hurt us if the loss is perceived to be a bad one.

did some off the cuff math a while back and I thought your F4 chances were a lot better landing on the 3 than 4 or 5. Pretty much 1,2 and 3 are where most of the F4 teams start from what I recall.

I've always thought the difference between the 3 and 4 is one of the biggest in the tourney. I've even at times, though like many have said it depends on the match ups, would prefer the 6 to the 4 or 5.

Like has already been mentioned, there just aren't really any killer teams this year. If Purdue plays well like they have shown at times this year, I think they can beat anyone and win it all. If they lay an egg, come out unmotivated, then they can be beaten. Or if a team lights it up like Illinois did to us this year, then anyone can really beat anyone else.

With all the parity this year, I am more interested in the region than the seed. I think we could bring a big pro-Purdue crowd to Chicago or Louisville.

Reactions: punaj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT