ADVERTISEMENT

Lasha Petree WNBA training camp tryout

long shot to make it. She had a chance but will probably end up overseas. Didn't the sun also cut that guard from L$U?
No clue but likely, last year there were only 5 rookies that stuck to the beginning of the season for the whole WNBA. Most years its 6-9 with rarely a high of 12 or so. Free agents and 3rd round picks VERY VERY rarely last through training camp.

No clue but likely, last year there were only 5 rookies that stuck to the beginning of the season for the whole WNBA. Most years its 6-9 with rarely a high of 12 or so. Free agents and 3rd round picks VERY VERY rarely last through training camp.
The Fever have cut two top five picks over the last few years of my memory is correct. Much different way of doing things than other leagues.

Reactions: DocRon
Another key is just the lack of money. If I remember right the players in the WNBA won better contracts travel etc in their newest deal. The system is set up to protect the vets and it should. Read an article this weekend that said some teams would only carry 10 to pay their players more. There isn't a perfect system until the league can generate better revenue.

Reactions: rgarlitz and DocRon
Another key is just the lack of money. If I remember right the players in the WNBA won better contracts travel etc in their newest deal. The system is set up to protect the vets and it should. Read an article this weekend that said some teams would only carry 10 to pay their players more. There isn't a perfect system until the league can generate better revenue.
I thought 10 was their normal roster?

I thought 10 was their normal roster?
It's 12 players per team and there are only 12 teams. That's only 144 players in the league total. It's damn tough just to make a roster. And like some have already mentioned some teams will not carry the max number of players. Pretty sure the Fever will have 12 players though. They have already cut a 1st round and a 2nd round pick from last year. Looking like Grace Berger from IU and Taylor Mikesell from OSU will make it.

Reactions: DocRon
It's 12 players per team and there are only 12 teams. That's only 144 players in the league total. It's damn tough just to make a roster. And like some have already mentioned some teams will not carry the max number of players. Pretty sure the Fever will have 12 players though. They have already cut a 1st round and a 2nd round pick from last year. Looking like Grace Berger from IU and Taylor Mikesell from OSU will make it.
I was wrong on my prediction. The Fever cut Taylor Mikesell today to get to the 12 player limit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT