ADVERTISEMENT

Lahey

Fugs

True Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
He said he had a good time in Tennessee. That's good to know. :)

Will Purdue soon only start PWOs in the future? You can never get enough PWOs.
I'm sure the other Big Ten schools will be adding more PWOs in an effort to keep up with Purdue.
Purdue now has more PWOs than 4 star recruits. The future looks bright. :cool:

Nebraska supposedly had 70+ walkons last year. Sometimes you find a good one that is passed over because they didn’t go to camps.

A very successful walk on for Purdue, Jacob Thieneman, has a Super Bowl experience as a Forty Niner! :)
Look at the success Wisconsin has had with their walk on program. Hell, look at the success Hardwick had as a walk on.

Not saying you are getting a starter from every walk on spot offered, but its a free look at a player who might be a late bloomer.

Reactions: Tommaker
Look at the success Wisconsin has had with their walk on program. Hell, look at the success Hardwick had as a walk on.

Not saying you are getting a starter from every walk on spot offered, but its a free look at a player who might be a late bloomer.

This is exactly right. What's the harm that gets people all wound up?

My POV on walk-ons is trying to figure out why they've not been offered a schollie. Lineman too chubby or hasn't played enough football? I'll take my chances and see how they develop without taking up scholarship room. WR on 5'7" but has legit 4.3 speed? I'm curious to see him in the slot. Seems like a lot of guys get passed on because of that "one thing" they're missing from the formula.

You don't get a lot of stars from walk-ons from the overall numbers, but it seems like plenty of contributors from college football as walk-ons that makes it worth the $0 investment.

I believe the basic walk-on is a kid from a small school that didn't make the state championship, and he didn't attend any football camps. I know a lot of kids that fit that description. Our school had a TE Ford who went to a lot of camps and received a 4 star rating and offers from all the big schools including Alabama and Georgia. But watching him actually play, he wasn't that much better than his competition. Surely some of those defenders should have been at least 2-3 stars. but he went to all star camps and got recognized, and they didn't. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT