ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Barron Seattle Dragons XFL injury

I went to the game today in Houston. Good turnout, better than I expected football and the crowd was in it. Seattle's QB wasn't very good.

I was wondering to myself if the best college team could beat the worst xfl team.

How is this new league? Is it worth the time?

I haven’t watched every week of the XFL, but I would say it’s worth your time if you are sitting around on a weekend looking for something to watch.

It’s like having an all access pass. So you liking it depends on if you’re really a person that just watches football for Monday’s water cooler talk at work or because you enjoy football.

Coaches are mic’d up, players do interviews after touchdowns/big plays and they let you hear the play call and what it means. So the viewer has an idea of what the offense is trying to do. I find it fun to see if players can then execute. It also causes me to watch it slightly differently since I have an idea of what’s coming.

And the interviews I was mentioning, you’ll hear a lot more emotion out of players, since it happened literally a minute before and they are excited, frustrated, etc, and it’s not always star players interviewing like we are use to in the NFL.

Some good rule changes:
- 25 second play clock (all offensive players except lineman have radios in their helmet)
- Max 1 minute reviews
- kickoffs are more interesting again
- after a TD, there’s options for a 1,2 or 3 point conversion

The XFL seems much more business savvy than the defunct Alliance of American Football . It seems like it has a really good shot at seeing another season next year.

Last edited:
I haven’t watched every week of the XFL, but I would say it’s worth your time if you are sitting around on a weekend looking for something to watch.

It’s like having an all access pass. So you liking it depends on if you’re really a person that just watches football for Monday’s water cooler talk at work or because you enjoy football.

Coaches are mic’d up, players do interviews after touchdowns/big plays and they let you hear the play call and what it means. So the viewer has an idea of what the offense is trying to do. I find it fun to see if players can then execute. It also causes me to watch it slightly differently since I have an idea of what’s coming.

And the interviews I was mentioning, you’ll hear a lot more emotion out of players, since it happened literally a minute before and they are excited, frustrated, etc, and it’s not always star players interviewing like we are use to in the NFL.

Some good rule changes:
- 25 second play clock (all offensive players except lineman have radios in their helmet)
- Max 1 minute reviews

The XFL seems much more business savvy than the defunct Alliance of American Football . It seems like it has a really good shot at seeing another season next year.
Vince McMahon, who owns every team, has had nearly two decades to ponder what went wrong with the original XFL. I'm just glad to see players have another option at a career.

Some good rule changes:
- Max 1 minute reviews

Love the kickoffs.

QB play is shaky as expected, but overall the product isn’t awful. They have definitely maximized on some of the NFL’s flaws. Kickoffs are awesome, Love hearing the calls in real time from coordinators. The 100K bonus to the winning team is cool too. Be interesting if hey can slowly improve the pay. Might see more college QBs go that route that won’t make it in he league right now.

The TB/LA game I’m watching right now is pretty entertaining. The only thing it’s missing is I don’t hate one of the teams. This is the fourth (or fifth?) one I’ve watched a decent amount and I think there’s definitely a niche here, especially if the NFL decides there’s a need for a developmental league and decides to support it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT