ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Kane - new DC

Youth movement only takes you so far - unless everybody you get is a 5-Star, being a good teacher in college is essential. Say what you want about Hagen, he is an underrated teacher and developer considering what he started with on the DL

Reactions: pboiler18
Really impressed with the two hires Walters has made so far. Will definitely need some experienced head coaching voices as analysts and game day coordinators, but the youth movement is refreshing. I think we will really see that reflected in recruiting at some point.
Those two hires are legit. Kane gives some continuity which was a big concern. Hazzels staff always felt like the land of misfit toys. Its even more important now with the portal....adds a entirely new dynamic. I think you will see more coaches fired mid season because of it.

He seems like a decent hire.

Ok for the new posters jot this down. I like the hire! I’m not always negative.

I like the hire for several reasons.

The first is he has working experience with Walters. The second is that like Walters, his experience/background is with linebackers. That seemed like a weakness in the past.

Purdue would be wise to find a highly experienced but retired head coach to help mentor all the youth of this staff. I don't care how good you are, there are aspects that only come with time. Bring in Coach Urban Meyer to consult to mentor Coach Walters.

Let’s inflict pain with the Kane!
wrestling kane GIF by WWE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT