ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylin White

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Guessing this one came as a surprise. 4* RB from Alabama. Top 10-15 RB in the nation. Apparently we only offered last month.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Committing October 10 😎💪🏾 <a href="https://t.co/qsye0RtftR">pic.twitter.com/qsye0RtftR</a></p>&mdash; Jaylin White 🤟🏾 (@jaylinwhite06) <a href="">October 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He has said that he wants to commit soon, maybe as early as October 10th. He says he already knows who he wants to verbal to, and it sounded like he has built up relationships with the other 2 coaches. I don't think this one is going to go our way, but we can offer the chance of immediate playing time, so we will see.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Not optimistic here but we showed up late and are in the top3. But this staff has shown not to count them out in recruiting.

His team sure is getting knocked around this year. You would think if he's that dominant they would at least be competitive but given the current situation who knows, maybe their roster has been depleted? I couldn't find his stats but his team has been blown out in every game this year by at least 30 points, except for a win by forfeit they picked up a couple of weeks ago. Something weird about this situation . . .

Last edited:
comments by FSU posters to a story about him say that FSU has another top priority RB they are targeting, and they doubt that FSU will sign two elite RBs in one year. as to his high school stats, he was supposedly a transfer from Houston County (which could be the powerful Georgia high school) that could explain why his current high school is terrible.

the same article indicated Ra'quon Buckley, an offensive tackle from Michigan targeted by FSU has included purdue in his final 11. he lists purdue as cool. but you never know. at least we're recruiting people.

the likelihood of signing either player is small. My biggest complaint over the past 3 years if you actually had any comprehension skills is not that brohm doesn't target great players,, but rather we seem to go after and sign too may elite players at the same position which creates tremendous depth at those positions , but leaves glaring holes at other positions. and when looking at recruiting rankings, they just count the top 20 regardless of position. so if we recruit 5 5 star receivers, our recruiting class looks awesome, but it doesn't reflect the true story of how great or bad our class is. Did we really need that many 4 star receivers? I would have preferred a couple of 4 star linebackers. and yes I'm very tired of Brohm constantly targeting undersized offensive lineman and then wasting a year trying to develop them. Do we really need 5 million QBs and transfer QBs too? maybe if we added some beef to our line, our QBs wouldn't have to be running for their lives and becoming injured. i know, that's not the Purdue way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspector100
SI Boiler. you can tell your friends I sold our house, so they won't have to worry about me ever returning to your small town.

the likelihood of signing either player is small. My biggest complaint over the past 3 years if you actually had any comprehension skills is not that brohm doesn't target great players,, but rather we seem to go after and sign too may elite players at the same position which creates tremendous depth at those positions , but leaves glaring holes at other positions. and when looking at recruiting rankings, they just count the top 20 regardless of position. so if we recruit 5 5 star receivers, our recruiting class looks awesome, but it doesn't reflect the true story of how great or bad our class is. Did we really need that many 4 star receivers? I would have preferred a couple of 4 star linebackers. and yes I'm very tired of Brohm constantly targeting undersized offensive lineman and then wasting a year trying to develop them. Do we really need 5 million QBs and transfer QBs too? maybe if we added some beef to our line, our QBs wouldn't have to be running for their lives and becoming injured. i know, that's not the Purdue way.

Your right if we get 4 star WR's we can't land any 4 stars anywhere else. We have an allotted number each season apparently. God damn Brohm using up our allotment on those WR's again and how dare he not be able to get any O lineman who can start year one. I also agree about the QB's. Who needs more than 3 scholarship QB's on a team. Shit we only used two last year and a walk on. I mean WTF! I say we fire Brohm for recruiting better than most, if not all, of our previous coaches. How dare he!!! I'm so glad your smart enough to see this! I am eagerly awaiting your next amazing comment!

TIC I think I'll go back inside and stay there. I feel dumber for venturing out here and reading your comments. Have a good day dude.

Have you ever bothered yourself investigating how many "elite" OL Brohm has pursued?

(I didn't think so.)

You take the best players you can get. It just so happens Brohm has landed two incredible studs at WR, with possibly a few more yet to emerge.

You have yet to explain yourself and respond to the numerous questions posed to you about the OL. All you really seem to care about is b*tching and carping about who we GOT vs who we didn't.
The game is pretty easy from the cheap seats.... where you're sitting.

Reactions: purduepat1969
You post your roster analysis yet? It’s been a month

Reactions: purduepat1969
Jaylin White has postponed his announcement (originally scheduled for 10/10).

The timing is suspiciously close to the announcement of 5* RB Demarcus Bowman leaving Clemson for Florida.

It's likely that White was planning on Florida, and will now have to evaluate.

That's good news for the Boilers. His choice could be down to Purdue or Florida State now.

Becomes more and more clear that WR & QB are the highest value with Brohm. OL would be nice to get above average 2-3 stars, but not a requirement. Ball must get to QB clean and within 2 seconds be throwing to a WR..
An occasional run here and there is all that is needed. Purdue is not a WI or Iowa or Minnesota for that matter.
OL can and will be developed at Purdue.
Purdue's chances of winning B1G is less that 10% in any year. That is reality, but it doesn't mean we can't have upsets and entertaining high scoring games. Brohm appears to have leaned into that strategy and it could pay well for years to come.

Becomes more and more clear that WR & QB are the highest value with Brohm. OL would be nice to get above average 2-3 stars, but not a requirement. Ball must get to QB clean and within 2 seconds be throwing to a WR..
An occasional run here and there is all that is needed. Purdue is not a WI or Iowa or Minnesota for that matter.
OL can and will be developed at Purdue.
Purdue's chances of winning B1G is less that 10% in any year. That is reality, but it doesn't mean we can't have upsets and entertaining high scoring games. Brohm appears to have leaned into that strategy and it could pay well for years to come.
Success with skill players will bring OL recruits. You have to start somewhere. And Brohm has chosen skill players/athletes. My take is with the talent on the team this year, barring injuries, he'll win more than he loses. And that will open the eyes of recruits. Secondarily, having free eligibility for two top 30 classes this year also helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT