ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ivey IS what Nojel could have been...

_slabach

All-American
Nov 6, 2018
Indianapolis
Look, I dont mean to pile on the Nojel train... and I might get some hate for this... but Ivey's press conference had me thinking...

Coming out of High School, watching Nojel's tape, there's some similarities there. Tall combo guard that can get to the basket, shoot off the dribble, spot up 3's. Nojel was smooth, and could score at will. Both with tons of athleticism and potential to be great defenders with their length.

The difference is:
One has a mom telling him, when things don't go your way, blame your coach. It's his fault. When he gets down, he gives up, and looks outward.
One has a mom telling him, when things don't go your way, go out and work harder. When he gets down, he looks inward and goes back to the gym.

It just makes me feel bad for Nojel. He could've been great, and I'll always appreciate him for his role in the Elite 8 run, but those surrounding him ruined it for him. Stole his potential.
And now Jaden is hitting game winning 3's and trending nationwide on twitter, and on a very different trajectory.

I'm so happy for Jaden. I love this team so damn much. This is going to be a very fun stretch of Boilermaker basketball!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News