ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Bandes commitment date

Washington gets him I think, they are who I thought would get him when he showed up on our radar. Maybe GK can work him some more before signing day and at the Army AA game, but likely no. Can't get them all.

Hey StickPurdue, you've had the insights, in recent history. Do you know anything about our chances with Jacob Bandes? Would be a good 4* get.

I think it has been answered, but almost zero chance. Even before the move up, Purdue wasn't on the list of OVs. Purdue got a sniff because of GK, but the only way to hard sell it would be to get him on campus.

My guess is Oregon. He retweeted something and Oregon was the only team on his final teams listed. He has been to Oregon iirc. Think they were an early favorite. I think UW has an outside chance, but it's less than Oregon. Think Purdue and Cal were on the list as a courtesy more than anything.

That said, Purdue is a perfect fit and I think they could complete the sale if they got him on campus. The incoming recruits look to have the future of this defense. Not to mention, he would be an instant starter here.

Purdue's recent history under Holt has shown that they can get the most out of it's players. With all that said, they need him on campus for the sale and given the distance, that in and of itself is a hard sale.

I think it has been answered, but almost zero chance. Even before the move up, Purdue wasn't on the list of OVs. Purdue got a sniff because of GK, but the only way to hard sell it would be to get him on campus.

My guess is Oregon. He retweeted something and Oregon was the only team on his final teams listed. He has been to Oregon iirc. Think they were an early favorite. I think UW has an outside chance, but it's less than Oregon. Think Purdue and Cal were on the list as a courtesy more than anything.

That said, Purdue is a perfect fit and I think they could complete the sale if they got him on campus. The incoming recruits look to have the future of this defense. Not to mention, he would be an instant starter here.

Purdue's recent history under Holt has shown that they can get the most out of it's players. With all that said, they need him on campus for the sale and given the distance, that in and of itself is a hard sale.
That's kind of what I was afraid of, being from California. I thought I'd ask; especially since it now looks like Isaiah Gibson is going to the SEC. But at least we got Steven Faucheux.

That's kind of what I was afraid of, being from California. I thought I'd ask; especially since it now looks like Isaiah Gibson is going to the SEC. But at least we got Steven Faucheux.
We are out on Gibson now?

I wouldn't give up on Gibson yet. We may be a long shot, but momma loves Purdue and we have an easy sell.

Let's just wait and see if we stay on the radar. Georgia may be the favorite and Florida may be appealing as well, but Purdue and Wisconsin have been in the mix for a while. Likely Kentucky and MSU get bumped out of the top five.

Purdue offers immediate playing time. It's a pretty big advantage.

Gibson had that cryptic post about a coach telling him what is best. Curious as to what team that was. His updated list might reveal a little more there. If Minnesota gets bumped out of the five, my guess is the tweet was about Fleck.

Gut feeling is Purdue is playing for third, Wisconsin and Georgia are in a battle for the commitment. If playing time/proximity play a factor, Purdue could sneak in and grab the commitment (seems unlikely though).

I wouldn't give up on Gibson yet. We may be a long shot, but momma loves Purdue and we have an easy sell.

Let's just wait and see if we stay on the radar. Georgia may be the favorite and Florida may be appealing as well, but Purdue and Wisconsin have been in the mix for a while. Likely Kentucky and MSU get bumped out of the top five.

Gibson had that cryptic post about a coach telling him what is best. Curious as to what team that was. His updated list might reveal a little more there. If Minnesota gets bumped out of the five, my guess is the tweet was about Fleck.

Gut feeling is Purdue is playing for third, Wisconsin and Georgia are in a battle for the commitment. If playing time/proximity play a factor, Purdue could sneak in and grab the commitment (seems unlikely though).

Pretty accurate assessment. I think he'd be a good fit for UGA tbh, but the fans will hate that they took him (a 3 star) over other players no matter how good he looks that he can be.

If i'm him, I stick to the BIG.

It doesn't look like he cut any teams from the list. Just added Florida and Georgia. Surprised he didn't keep it at 5. His twitter is all over the place. He has shown love to every school showing him love. No clue where Gibson winds up, but Purdue should be in the mix. The middle is wide open and he could have an immediate impact at Purdue.

Peterson is building a monster

He does seem to be having success with the West Coast kids. Got to do something with that talent. I prefer Purdue's class at this point. Addresses the needs and fit. Just need to close on a few of the top targets and add another RB and I will be very happy.

He does seem to be having success with the West Coast kids. Got to do something with that talent. I prefer Purdue's class at this point. Addresses the needs and fit. Just need to close on a few of the top targets and add another RB and I will be very happy.
Doing something being more than 2 division titles, 1 conference championship and a playoff appearance in 4 years?

Doing something being more than 2 division titles, 1 conference championship and a playoff appearance in 4 years?

3 bowl wins in the last 10 years. Only bowl wins in the last 5 years are BYU and Southern Miss. They got beat 7-24 in that playoff appearance you mentioned. They had a 10 game losing streak to Oregon when they played them and beat (a bad) Oregon team. As Oregon returns to prominence, Washington will take a dip.

What I will say is that Washington is doing exactly what they are supposed to. Recruiting the West Coast very well and taking advantage. The Big Ten has multiple schools considered to have the toughest schedules in the nation.

Washington only beat one ranked team last year at he time they played them (and that team was Washington state that ended the season on a losing streak and finished unranked).

2016 was a good year for them. Their conference had several ranked teams and Washington beat them all (but USC). That's how they got 4th. Stanford (one of the ranked wins) didn't have a good year, went on a losing streak and was unranked for six weeks until they beat some not so great teams at the end and for ranked because other teams lost). Colorado (their best win on paper finished 17th and was 10-4) got blown out in their bowl game against OK State, but they won three games against fringed ranked teams. That's how they got ranked so high (much too high).

As I said, they are doing what they are supposed to, but building a monster? If you moved them into the Big Ten this year, do you think they would finished top 3? Top 5? And no, I am not saying he is doing a bad job, but I stand by my statement. Show me something. With unbalanced schedule and so few games, some teams are going to have inflated rankings. I think the NCAA should switch to 8 game playoff. The more times the better teams face off, the better. Maybe this is the year for Washington. I am not against them in anyway. My best friend's dad graduated from UW and was a huge fan.

3 bowl wins in the last 10 years. Only bowl wins in the last 5 years are BYU and Southern Miss. They got beat 7-24 in that playoff appearance you mentioned. They had a 10 game losing streak to Oregon when they played them and beat (a bad) Oregon team. As Oregon returns to prominence, Washington will take a dip.

What I will say is that Washington is doing exactly what they are supposed to. Recruiting the West Coast very well and taking advantage. The Big Ten has multiple schools considered to have the toughest schedules in the nation.

Washington only beat one ranked team last year at he time they played them (and that team was Washington state that ended the season on a losing streak and finished unranked).

2016 was a good year for them. Their conference had several ranked teams and Washington beat them all (but USC). That's how they got 4th. Stanford (one of the ranked wins) didn't have a good year, went on a losing streak and was unranked for six weeks until they beat some not so great teams at the end and for ranked because other teams lost). Colorado (their best win on paper finished 17th and was 10-4) got blown out in their bowl game against OK State, but they won three games against fringed ranked teams. That's how they got ranked so high (much too high).

As I said, they are doing what they are supposed to, but building a monster? If you moved them into the Big Ten this year, do you think they would finished top 3? Top 5? And no, I am not saying he is doing a bad job, but I stand by my statement. Show me something. With unbalanced schedule and so few games, some teams are going to have inflated rankings. I think the NCAA should switch to 8 game playoff. The more times the better teams face off, the better. Maybe this is the year for Washington. I am not against them in anyway. My best friend's dad graduated from UW and was a huge fan.

Peterson has only been there 4 years, so 10 years isn’t relevant. In those 4 years he has raised their profile considerably.

Peterson has only been there 4 years, so 10 years isn’t relevant. In those 4 years he has raised their profile considerably.

In a time where Stanford and Oregon have declined. Yes, Washington is on the rise absolutely. They are the team to beat (recruiting wise) on the West Coast. I think he could win a playoff game or a championship bowl game if he continues to recruit like he has. He could also strangle out the West Coast teams like Oregon/Washington State etc that were reliant upon landing the top talent in California/Washington etc to win. Not much to compete against, but the West Coast has always come in tides. Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon seems to ebb and flow. Right now, Washington is peaking in recruiting (it's almost hilarious. They only have to recruit two states and they can land a top 5 class. Some serious talent out that way) and as long as they continue to be nationally relevant, that recruiting isn't going anywhere. Like Purdue, they hired the right guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT