ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Benter

Dude looks so young and green. Obviously can shoot lights out. Painter stacking the roster.
The little I’ve seen of him, my only question is whether he has the foot speed to stay with opposing B1G players. seems similar to Cline, Sasha and Fletch in that regard. Dakota and Ethan overcame foot speed issues to become plus defenders. Benter may have to do the same.

The little I’ve seen of him, my only question is whether he has the foot speed to stay with opposing B1G players. seems similar to Cline, Sasha and Fletch in that regard. Dakota and Ethan overcame foot speed issues to become plus defenders. Benter may have to do the same.

I've only read about the class, and watched videos, but from that I think Benter is going to have a couple years to get that side of the ball up to speed....as some at his position read & look more D1 ready on D.

Some of the players you mentioned certainly all had issues at the start. I would add Ryne Smith to that group. Of those some became better defenders than others. All took time. Hope Benter trends more toward Dakota's end product than perhaps Sasha.

Kind of reminds me of Domasck.
Was my first thought in his thickness and him using his body. Now he never backdown anyone, but whatever the reason was... Domask quickly came to my mind right or wrong. What I can't figure out not seeing him play much is knowing that he scores at a high clip and a lot of that is shooting well. I put that with two people OldBoiler52 and another that says he doesn't dribble much and the first question is...why isn't someone in his jock making him put the ball on the floor? Anyway, there will be lots of interest in seeing these guys in the future and what their games are like

I'm more impressed with his stat line in the morning, when he was extra sick, than the high score in the evening. He went for 12/9/8 in the morning.

High basketball IQ player that will need more preparation physically than anything. Once he has that, look out.

shouldn't he have been wearing a mask when he was on the bench if he has the flu?
Or sat a few chairs away as a gesture at least...

I agree that he will have his work cut out for him to be able to cook on offense against B10 opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT