ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Benter

Scoring machine!
either he has some "threats" to score on his team that prevents box &1 or this guy is just waaaaaayyyyy above those he is playing. I get it that there is a 3 ball now that raises the scoring, but still...at some point you let the others score easier in against a box to attempt to hold him down. Hopefullly, they are not coming off a press, but against a set D...

AS I posted someplace????? his AAU coach thinks he is going to surprise a lot of people....

To those of you that have seen him what do you think his position will be in college?
He is a three IMO he is listed at 6'5 but plays much bigger with Kanon in this class he will probably move to the 2. Kid is a Damon Bailey clone IMO. Just a pure scorer he draws a boat load of and 1's and normally scores 10 or so from the line. Hopefully he brings his buddy Travis Perry with him.

He is a three IMO he is listed at 6'5 but plays much bigger with Kanon in this class he will probably move to the 2. Kid is a Damon Bailey clone IMO. Just a pure scorer he draws a boat load of and 1's and normally scores 10 or so from the line. Hopefully he brings his buddy Travis Perry with him.
Seems that one of Heide, Catchings, or Benter might play the four just to make room for everyone. I haven’t seen enough to know which.

I assume the Colvin is more of a 2 or 3.

So for the guys who don't follow HS ball like you do.....tell us about Travis Perry if/when you have time.

Reactions: Schnelk
Is Perry a 1 or strictly a 2?

I'm not sure about the 51 point game but the 48 point game he had 5 in the first half. I watched a game where he scored 38 points he had 9 in that game. It's safe to say he can hit the 3.
Fantastic! I'm always skeptical of big guards that score in high school. Guards playing bully ball can only take you so far in college. I prefer shooters with range. Sounds like we're getting one.

David Robinson started his Navy Academy at 6’6”. He also grew 6 inches in college. He became an outstanding college and pro basketball player.

What is not talked about much is he also became an outstanding Navy recruiting officer as a Naval reservist. And also became an outstanding citizen.

So for the guys who don't follow HS ball like you do.....tell us about Travis Perry if/when you have time.
He is a 2024 PG for Lyons County KY and just a Junior but already the leading all-time scorer in Kentucky high school history. He is a taller Braden Smith type of player (bounce in his step). He will score more than 5000 points by the time his HS career is over. I seen Painter offered him this past summer but when I looked at his offers basically every blue blood including Kentucky, I thought no chance. Then Jake put out Painter was going to see him play didn't happen Painter was sick so Lutz went I think he scored near 50 that night. The following weekend he came to Purdue again his 3rd time. Painter made it down there a few weeks ago (he scored 45). Much like Jack Benter the kid just puts the ball in the basket. He is shooting over 50% from 3 and maybe the best 3 point shooter when guarded I have seen. He is beyond special. Now before you follow my lead and think no chance. Trust me there is a strong chance we land him. He has ties to both Benter and Catchings. He will play with Kanon again this year with Indy Heat. Someone shared a picture of his dad and Painter laughing at Purdue's team camp and a few other pic's of them together. I know I have picked up a few people close to him on twitter. The whole NIL has me gun shy on a stronger prediction so I will go with we are the leader for him today.

Fantastic! I'm always skeptical of big guards that score in high school. Guards playing bully ball can only take you so far in college. I prefer shooters with range. Sounds like we're getting one.
Definitely not a bully when you are Jacking up 3's as soon as you cross half court. And making 51% percent of them. But I understand what you are saying that's not his game.

Seen Perry in AAU and the IU camp so Painter actually wasnt on him first, but he was the first to offer of the two. Hope he ends up at IU, but my guess is he stays in his home state.

Catchings is the surprise to me on just how much he has improved in such so little time. He is a great get for Purdue who will be able to score, and guard 3-4 positions. Could be AA by junior year.

I am from Southern Indiana and seen Benter play numerous times...He does have unlimited range for sure, but athletically in the BIG could hurt him. Maybe a taller version of Ryan Cline for you guys. I most definite wish Indiana would have offered for sure. His bball IQ is outstanding.

Myles Colvin to me is Russell Westbrook with a better jumper! Athletically if off the charts...His attitude could use some work though. Painter will work on that though.

Or someone in an obscured media pist makes up something that us then seen and repeated. Not like we have ethical standards in reporting any more.

Reactions: GregJM24
Seen Perry in AAU and the IU camp so Painter actually wasnt on him first, but he was the first to offer of the two. Hope he ends up at IU, but my guess is he stays in his home state.

Catchings is the surprise to me on just how much he has improved in such so little time. He is a great get for Purdue who will be able to score, and guard 3-4 positions. Could be AA by junior year.

I am from Southern Indiana and seen Benter play numerous times...He does have unlimited range for sure, but athletically in the BIG could hurt him. Maybe a taller version of Ryan Cline for you guys. I most definite wish Indiana would have offered for sure. His bball IQ is outstanding.

Myles Colvin to me is Russell Westbrook with a better jumper! Athletically if off the charts...His attitude could use some work though. Painter will work on that though.
Didn't Woodson just offer Perry? I'm pretty sure Painter's been recruiting him hard for at least a year now. And if it took Woodson that long to offer after being "first" I'd be a little worried if I were an IU fan about his vision for the program.

I'd be shocked if it's not Kentucky. He sounds like exactly what they need. No inside info, but they should get whoever they want in state IMO.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I read on Rivals awhile back that Ky was his dream school. That offer has been there for quite awhile now. Maybe he likes the style Purdue/Painter plays.

I read on Rivals awhile back that Ky was his dream school. That offer has been there for quite awhile now. Maybe he likes the style Purdue/Painter plays.

One never really knows how these recruiting battles will go.

IF Painter somehow landed him, he would have turned another corner IMO getting a player like this out of the Bluegrass State. It would be particularly stinging for Kentucky, as I think in the past Calipari hasn't really considered Purdue any threat at all for Kentucky's top targets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT