ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Benter: State Champion

I don't think I've ever seen a behind the back bounce pass go that distance before.

That combination of instincts and skill is inherent and can't be taught IMO. Reminds me of something I'd see from watching old Larry Bird or Magic Johnson highlights.

Jack might redshirt.....or he might follow the Edey/Smith footsteps of guys who surprise on day one and make the recruiting site "scouts" look stupid. Whatever the path, I think Purdue got a keeper here.

Regardless of the level of the competition , winning a championship is awesome and very few players can claim that honor. I once told a high school senior no matter what happens in your future, they can never take this day and this honor away! You are truly #1.

Not sure why we need to guess on who our contributors will be or who in our six man class will redshirt. Players will have the opportunity to earn a role. Those that do will play. Some of those who don't project to a major role by this fall may redshirt. We should want all these players competing at as high as level as they can get to by then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT