ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo has had 1/27 circled for 8 months

Rosie signed the MSU LOI, but it’s no secret that prior to that, he had advised Biggie that Purdue was a better business decision for him. When Hammons unexpectedly stayed for his senior year, that guaranteed that Biggie would be at the 4 instead of the 5, and he flipped.
There really is a video where Rosie talked about it being a business decision and how surprised he was that he committed to MSU...and the decommit soon after.

Really embarrassing post by the OP and kinda embarrassing. I wouldn't claim him as one of ours, regardless of what his handle says.

I seriously doubt any of the guys listed in this thread that Purdue wanted that went to MSU (Harris, JJJ, Dawson, etc.) have any regret about not going to Purdue. Just as I'm sure Biggie has zero regret in his decision not to go to MSU. Really bad case of sour grapes by anyone on either side to say so.

Sunday will be a good game, I'm sure. We're due for a loss. Most rationale MSU fans viewed playing at Iowa and Purdue in a 4 day span as a tough mountain to climb and a 1-1 results would be adequate. Keeping the 21 game win streak going is a fun thing to keep going for us, but it's irrational to think that it won't end sometime soon. Maybe Sunday.
It is rare that a player goes someplace and then states he wished he would have went elsewhere. I doubt any have regrets

Reactions: FlintTown
Izzo has recruiting battles with everyone. No extra concern with Purdue. They have not been past an elite 8 in his tenure. Not past sweet 16 under Painter. Purdue just another good big ten program. A good challenge when they play, especially at Mackey.

Michigan on the other hand has risen up and challenged for ownership of the state. They have gone to two Championship games. Beat MSU twice last year. Beilein is an extraordinary coach. Michican is the program whose games he circles.

Izzo has recruiting battles with everyone. No extra concern with Purdue. They have not been past an elite 8 in his tenure. Not past sweet 16 under Painter. Purdue just another good big ten program. A good challenge when they play, especially at Mackey.

Michigan on the other hand has risen up and challenged for ownership of the state. They have gone to two Championship games. Beat MSU twice last year. Beilein is an extraordinary coach. Michican is the program whose games he circles.
What has Izzo done lately? He historically craps the bed in the FF but he hasn’t got there forever. Bielein owns Michigan at this point.

Reactions: chiboiler7
Agreed. After winning tonight though I feel like MSU is playing with house money. Splitting Iowa and Purdue on the road keeps MSU is good shape to win the conference and in good shape for a top seed in the tourney.

I expect a loss at Purdue. MSU has won 21 regular season conference games in a row and 9-0:this year. They seem due for a loss and Mackey will be buzzing Sunday. Purdue is playing much better now than they were a month ago. Should be a good game.

So only regular season wins count? Not those in the B1G Touney or the Dance? That’s a unique way of looking at things. Lol! You need to hook up with that faction of our fan base that believes ONLY the Tournament wins count and regular season means nothing. Both groups of you manipulating wins and losses to fit your own agenda.

If you read the words you might notice that I said No other parent was as informed. It wasn't that Rosie was just a basketball player, but that his professional work provided relevant knowledge much different than the others. If you want to name
a player with a father having the same background or a background you think is close go at it. It doesn't speak to the context of what was said

Just for clarification...you really are not talking about a stupid comment and then following up by comparing a walkon player at MSU to Mr Basketball from the state of Indiana and Rosie's background were you? REALLY?
I could care less about Biggie or how informed Roosevelt Barnes is with the recruiting process. What I was trying to show is how stupid your remark was insinuating that the MSU parents are not as informed as Purdue parents because they are sending their sons to MSU, yet Fred Hoiberg has enough trust in Izzo to do so. What you'll never understand is that Izzo has created a family culture that develops boys into men, and parents see that. Players that once they move on love coming back to see Izzo and the team. Purdue fans are jealous of his success, so they spout untruths about how Izzo supports sexual assault or how he's dirty (BTW, nobody finishes second for one and done's more than MSU) just so you can feel better about your team's shortcomings. Hey if you can't beat him, you might as well destroy his character, right?

What has Izzo done lately? He historically craps the bed in the FF but he hasn’t got there forever. Bielein owns Michigan at this point.
2015 was Izzo's most recent, but if that's forever ago than what does that say about Matt Painter and Gene Keady? Izzo has been to 7 FFs, which are illusive to your program but your comment insinuates that they're no big deal. Yes only 1 NC, but still impressive nonetheless. I'd be curious to see how ambivalent you'd be, if Purdue were to ever make one.

I could care less about Biggie or how informed Roosevelt Barnes is with the recruiting process. What I was trying to show is how stupid your remark was insinuating that the MSU parents are not as informed as Purdue parents because they are sending their sons to MSU, yet Fred Hoiberg has enough trust in Izzo to do so. What you'll never understand is that Izzo has created a family culture that develops boys into men, and parents see that. Players that once they move on love coming back to see Izzo and the team. Purdue fans are jealous of his success, so they spout untruths about how Izzo supports sexual assault or how he's dirty (BTW, nobody finishes second for one and done's more than MSU) just so you can feel better about your team's shortcomings. Hey if you can't beat him, you might as well destroy his character, right?
Is this how Izzo develops “boys into men?”:

https://deadspin.com/5651355/sexual...state-players-why-arent-charges-being-brought

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Two Michigan State Players: Why Aren't Charges Being Brought?
Barry Petchesky9/29/10 4:05pm
17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Two MSU players were accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus in August. Despite a police recommendation to prosecute, and one of the accused players later corroborating the victim's account, the prosecutor's office will not be pursuing the case.

The two players have not and will not be named, as long as they aren't charged with any crime. And it doesn't look like they ever will be, despite what looks to our untrained eyes like plenty of evidence to go forward.

The woman met the two at a dorm orientation meeting, she says in the police report. After a few drinks she returned to the players' room.

Once in the room, the three started playing basketball using a mini-hoop. When the victim missed a basket, one of the men told her she had to remove an article of clothing. The victim agreed and removed her t-shirt because she had a tank top on underneath.

At this point, the victim says, the players began to deliberately miss baskets until they were stripped "completely naked." One of the men allegedly blocked the doorway to the room, while the other "cornered" the victim in the room.

"[The victim] explained to [detectives] that the body language of [the players] suggested she was not free to leave," the report says. "[Redacted] was blocking any escape path to the exit of the dorm room. [The victim] stated that after [redacted] approached the door he turned the lights in the room off and the room went completely dark. At this point, the sexual assault began."

The victim told police the players penetrated her in various positions. The victim told detectives the players allegedly asked her "how does that feel?" and "how do you want it?" The victim says she told the players she didn't want it and gave "other indicators she was not a willing participant."

The victim told police that the players pinned her down, but at one point she freed her arms momentarily and struck one of the players in the face. The player was on top of her and in response to her hitting him, he allegedly said, "Don't. Just relax. C'mon," as he continued to assault her, the report says.

According to the Ingham County Prosecutor, charging a case like this "requires the element of force and/or coercion," and of the prosecutors who reviewed it, "none could find any of these necessary elements." It's almost like they didn't read the police report.

It gets worse: the MSU Police Department asked for and were granted a search warrant, and removed DNA evidence, clothing and used condoms from the players' room. They also interviewed one of the players (the other declined to speak).

He told investigators that when it was clear from the victim's statements that she did not want to have sex, he stopped. However, the other player continued "despite her reluctance and statements that she did not want to continue."

After all this, MSU Police forwarded their report to the prosecutor's office with a recommendation that the two players be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1, the most serious level of assault.

Prosecutors say the decision not to bring charges was a mutual one, made with the victim's agreement. She denies this, though she admits to being wary of the backlash that inevitably hits anyone accusing athletes of sexual assault.

I worry about what would happen if it didn't go through and having to deal with all the publicity and everything that goes with pursuing charges," she said. "But also I am angry. It's just that everybody looks at them as heroes and they're so excited for basketball season that [the players] get off without anybody caring. They haven't even been punished."

Maybe not in a courtroom. But it's a matter of time before the rumor mill, the media, and public opinion put everyoneinvolved through the wringer.

Look! It is a Purdue fan talking about the final four as if he knows anything about it. Leave the final four talk to the blue bloods, we will give you a buzz when we are discussing the sweet sixteen.

Reactions: kPings13
I have no desire to break you down. It was NOT about parent to parent comparison. It was about parent to Roosevelt comparison. Go back and read...it is NOT that fu*cking hard. What you did beside lose track of that comparison between the professional involvement of Roosevelt and his background with the typical parent anywhere, but lost that comparison specifically with MSU since that was the context of the comparison. Then just in case there was doubt that others could possibly have missed the context, you make it easy again by talking about a parent sending a kid to MSU for a walk on position in comparison to a Burger Boy. Lastly, your diversion about character since nothing I wrote has anything to do with character, is icing on the cake...and to imagine YOU have th nerve to state that "MY" comments were stupid and uneducated. I rest my case...otherwise I'll get accused of child abuse the farther this goes. Reading sometimes provides better context than dreaming about things not stated...

MSU fans...until proof otherwise...I'll assume my federal dollars are not wasted and you get what I said

Last edited:
Look! It is a Purdue fan talking about the final four as if he knows anything about it. Leave the final four talk to the blue bloods, we will give you a buzz when we are discussing the sweet sixteen.
You’d have to make it out of the first weekend to talk Sweet Sixteen, which has been quite the challenge for Tommy lately. Of course he’s been distracted thinking and praying so much about all of those victims.

Is this how Izzo develops “boys into men?”:

https://deadspin.com/5651355/sexual...state-players-why-arent-charges-being-brought

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Two Michigan State Players: Why Aren't Charges Being Brought?
Barry Petchesky9/29/10 4:05pm
17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Two MSU players were accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus in August. Despite a police recommendation to prosecute, and one of the accused players later corroborating the victim's account, the prosecutor's office will not be pursuing the case.

The two players have not and will not be named, as long as they aren't charged with any crime. And it doesn't look like they ever will be, despite what looks to our untrained eyes like plenty of evidence to go forward.

The woman met the two at a dorm orientation meeting, she says in the police report. After a few drinks she returned to the players' room.

Once in the room, the three started playing basketball using a mini-hoop. When the victim missed a basket, one of the men told her she had to remove an article of clothing. The victim agreed and removed her t-shirt because she had a tank top on underneath.

At this point, the victim says, the players began to deliberately miss baskets until they were stripped "completely naked." One of the men allegedly blocked the doorway to the room, while the other "cornered" the victim in the room.

"[The victim] explained to [detectives] that the body language of [the players] suggested she was not free to leave," the report says. "[Redacted] was blocking any escape path to the exit of the dorm room. [The victim] stated that after [redacted] approached the door he turned the lights in the room off and the room went completely dark. At this point, the sexual assault began."

The victim told police the players penetrated her in various positions. The victim told detectives the players allegedly asked her "how does that feel?" and "how do you want it?" The victim says she told the players she didn't want it and gave "other indicators she was not a willing participant."

The victim told police that the players pinned her down, but at one point she freed her arms momentarily and struck one of the players in the face. The player was on top of her and in response to her hitting him, he allegedly said, "Don't. Just relax. C'mon," as he continued to assault her, the report says.

According to the Ingham County Prosecutor, charging a case like this "requires the element of force and/or coercion," and of the prosecutors who reviewed it, "none could find any of these necessary elements." It's almost like they didn't read the police report.

It gets worse: the MSU Police Department asked for and were granted a search warrant, and removed DNA evidence, clothing and used condoms from the players' room. They also interviewed one of the players (the other declined to speak).

He told investigators that when it was clear from the victim's statements that she did not want to have sex, he stopped. However, the other player continued "despite her reluctance and statements that she did not want to continue."

After all this, MSU Police forwarded their report to the prosecutor's office with a recommendation that the two players be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1, the most serious level of assault.

Prosecutors say the decision not to bring charges was a mutual one, made with the victim's agreement. She denies this, though she admits to being wary of the backlash that inevitably hits anyone accusing athletes of sexual assault.

I worry about what would happen if it didn't go through and having to deal with all the publicity and everything that goes with pursuing charges," she said. "But also I am angry. It's just that everybody looks at them as heroes and they're so excited for basketball season that [the players] get off without anybody caring. They haven't even been punished."

Maybe not in a courtroom. But it's a matter of time before the rumor mill, the media, and public opinion put everyoneinvolved through the wringer.
So they were investigated but the state prosecutors didn't believe there was enough to prosecute. So Izzo obviously didn't try to cover anything up, since everyone knew about this case and it was investigated. Are you suggesting that the player's deserved to go to jail or be kicked off the team even when never charged with a crime?

So they were investigated but the state prosecutors didn't believe there was enough to prosecute. So Izzo obviously didn't try to cover anything up, since everyone knew about this case and it was investigated. Are you suggesting that the player's deserved to go to jail or be kicked off the team even when never charged with a crime?

Toughen up FFS.

You’re OK with one of your players admitting to the cops that he raped the girl? Wow. Guess I’m not surprised given the quality of the MSU fan base.

I could care less about Biggie or how informed Roosevelt Barnes is with the recruiting process.
I believe in kindness to opponents. When you say or write “I could care less . . .” you mean to say or write “I couldn’t care less . . .” Mix that into your arguments and you’ll sound less foolish. You’re welcome, Sparty. Good luck tomorrow.

Izzo and Lil Arch both have 2/2 circled. Showdown at the scorer’s table to see which one can see over the top.

Reactions: NVBoilerFan
Interesting take. Izzo shouldn't have backed off on Williams. He's loudly becoming NBA material.

Depends on how Bingham develops. Just needs to add weight/strength to be JJJ version 2.0. Bingham already deadly from 3 .

Binghaam blew up in AAU around the time of WIlliams

I see the green trolls have removed their heads from Izzo's cheeks and blessed us with their presence. It's interesting that none have mentioned MSU's interm President was forced to resign last week after insulting the victims of Nassar. At the same time the former President awaits trial and prison time. Keep protecting the brand at all costs MSU. Your institution needs cleansed.

What you'll never understand is that Izzo has created a family culture that develops boys into men, and parents see that. Players that once they move on love coming back to see Izzo and the team. Purdue fans are jealous of his success, so they spout untruths about how Izzo supports sexual assault or how he's dirty (BTW, nobody finishes second for one and done's more than MSU) just so you can feel better about your team's shortcomings. Hey if you can't beat him, you might as well destroy his character, right?
You people in East Lansing have a warped view of what makes a man.

You people in East Lansing have a warped view of what makes a man.

MSU’s family culture and Izzo turning boys into men are both common knowledge and a huge asset for the program. It’s why parents and players love him and why many guys come back to visit, etc. tough love.

Izzo doesn’t tell recruits and parents just what they want to hear or make promises to guys like Swanigan just to land a recruit.

Reactions: CaptainGreen
MSU’s family culture and Izzo turning boys into men are both common knowledge and a huge asset for the program. It’s why parents and players love him and why many guys come back to visit, etc. tough love.

Izzo doesn’t tell recruits and parents just what they want to hear or make promises to guys like Swanigan just to land a recruit.
And NOBODY outside of msu fans believes any of the crap you just wrote. Not one word.

There's absolutely zero chance of either of your scenarios.
Care to give a reason why? Haas had 1 very dominant skill which was scoring in the post. JJJ was a waaaaaay better defender than Haas. He was also able to stretch the floor while still being able to score inside.

The other scenario would be taking PJ out and moving Carsen to the 1, Dakota and Vince as wings with Haas and JJJ as the bigs. I really dont see how you can argue against this scenario. PJ was also one dimensional on offense being a catch and shoot player.

JJJ would definitely have started for us last year.

@New Pal Boiler this should answer comment to me at well.

Care to give a reason why? Haas had 1 very dominant skill which was scoring in the post. JJJ was a waaaaaay better defender than Haas. He was also able to stretch the floor while still being able to score inside.

The other scenario would be taking PJ out and moving Carsen to the 1, Dakota and Vince as wings with Haas and JJJ as the bigs. I really dont see how you can argue against this scenario. PJ was also one dimensional on offense being a catch and shoot player.

I'm not sure I'm following your point, but Haas impacted the game FAR beyond that.

For starters, his presence opened up the 3 for our highly talented guards/forwards.

I expect Tre's presence to do that and MUCH more in the next few years.

I'm not sure I'm following your point, but Haas impacted the game FAR beyond that.

For starters, his presence opened up the 3 for our highly talented guards/forwards.

I expect Tre's presence to do that and MUCH more in the next few years.
If you were following, I was saying JJJ would have started for us last year imo. Most likely it would have been instead of PJ.

Haas was a dominant offensive player last year. JJJ was not. PJ was CMPs trusted floor general. JJJ wouldn’t have started in front of him either. He would have played a ton of minutes tho, backing up Haas and Vince. Probably at least 25 a game.

Remember what Fife said they told recruits as opposed to what Matt would tell them? ;)
Fife would get punched by his teammates at IU, AJ Moye and others. He bit an Iowa player on the arm. Great team player. Imagine what he tells recruits to get an edge.

Reactions: PU pit bull

Painter would never have benched two long term senior starters. JJJ would’ve come off the bench.

My God this laughable. He turns boys into chargeable as adult felons.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't you one of the posters that has complained incessantly about Painter being stubborn in his "loyalty" to proven players and not starting "more talented" freshmen? Now your opinion is that last year he would have learned his lesson and done something different. I just want to make sure that I remember the inconsistent arguments correctly.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Izzo wants this one bad! I would say as bad as Neubert’s hair piece. Haha!
Flinttown is a clown and he is totally trolling you guys. Most Spartan fans are nervous about tomorrow. Played a tough game in Iowa City on Thursday, have to turn around and play at Mackey - which has been tough for MSU. Game could go easily either way — but I don’t think anyone is expecting Carson to have another bad game. He and Winston are the two best players in the league. And Izzo has been concerned about the amount of minutes Winston has been playing — especially with tendinitis in his knee.

Nothing would suprise me tomorrow, including if the Spartans get beat soundly.

Reactions: mathboy
Haas was a dominant offensive player last year. JJJ was not. PJ was CMPs trusted floor general. JJJ wouldn’t have started in front of him either. He would have played a ton of minutes tho, backing up Haas and Vince. Probably at least 25 a game.
I very much disagree, but that's fine.

when I said "I'm not sure I'm following", that should have been your first clue that I wasn't sure I was following. So, it was completely unnecessary to say, "If you were following..."

It's really not that difficult.
Anyone that read the entire thread would have understood what I was saying. Maybe you skipped some of the posts in the thread.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't you one of the posters that has complained incessantly about Painter being stubborn in his "loyalty" to proven players and not starting "more talented" freshmen? Now your opinion is that last year he would have learned his lesson and done something different. I just want to make sure that I remember the inconsistent arguments correctly.
I think you are going to have to dig up the posts where I said that. I think you are mistaken. Also, Painter has had very few players (1) with the talent JJJ had coming in. He would have started him imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT