ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

Going back to the OP, I think there are about 4-5 threads highly critical of Archie Over on their board. I think he is close to wearing out his welcome in Gloomington.

I wondered when they would realize their mistake. Archie could recruit fairly well to IU, consistently bringing in good classes. However, I don’t think he has the coaching acumen to run IUs program at the level the fans and alumni expect. I decided Archie was a loss last year watching his very talented team run a high school level offense, and the players executing it with little passion. They had no fight.

I called it pretty early, just like when I called out Crean for alienating Indiana high school and AAU coaches by his arrogance. I knew then he wouldn’t last. Now it’s Archie’s turn. I figure Archie is a dead man walking. Let’s see if he can pull it together Over the next few weeks. This is going to be interesting.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Going back to the OP, I think there are about 4-5 threads highly critical of Archie Over on their board. I think he is close to wearing out his welcome in Gloomington.

I wondered when they would realize their mistake. Archie could recruit fairly well to IU, consistently bringing in good classes. However, I don’t think he has the coaching acumen to run IUs program at the level the fans and alumni expect. I decided Archie was a loss last year watching his very talented team run a high school level offense, and the players executing it with little passion. They had no fight.

I called it pretty early, just like when I called out Crean for alienating Indiana high school and AAU coaches by his arrogance. I knew then he wouldn’t last. Now it’s Archie’s turn. I figure Archie is a dead man walking. Let’s see if he can pull it together Over the next few weeks. This is going to be interesting.
His brother may need an assistant coach after Sean finds another scapegoat for his cheating...

Reactions: Schnelk
I swear some of the Purdue people are so snobby. They act like there hot stuff just cuz there school has a few astronots. Tom Allen and Arch are building BIG 10 DYNASTYS and they CANT take that away from HOOSIERS!

Damn.....I was hoping you weren't going to show up in this discussion.

Reactions: Schnelk
Does it make you feel better when IU struggles? I would think you would be more concerned with Purdue struggling in year 15 and 16 with your current coach...

Does it make me feel good when iu struggles?....Hell yes! I love seeing iu lose. If iu were playing isis, I'm not sure who I'd cheer for.
I hate iu with every fiber of my soul, so the more misery iu experiences, the better I feel.

My goodness.

IU fans have long had a horrible reputation, but these clowns give IU an even worse image.

Desperate for validation, and unable to tolerate anyone who doesn't provide it.

When they see it's not going to happen, they drop turds all over the forum.

Reactions: mathboy
It is my belief that Alford will be their next coach, probably within 2 years of now. I know some IU fans passionately disagree, but they need a coach that understands Indiana basketball culture if they are ever to rise again.

• Haha
Reactions: TrojanFan004
My goodness.

IU fans have long had a horrible reputation, but these clowns give IU an even worse image.

Desperate for validation, and unable to tolerate anyone who doesn't provide it.

When they see it's not going to happen, they drop turds all over the forum.
At least they have self-identified as IU fans rather than posing as Purdue fans. I will give them that. It seems that they were on here initially to discuss basketball at a fairly rational level. However, as IU's team and Archie in particular is starting to fail, they have become much more strident in their posts. More and more troll like trying to bait responders. Too bad.

Just wait until iu plays Purdue. Franklin won’t score in double digits either game. Just like tjd last year. World beater doesn’t do a thing either game. Did Franklin score a point either game against us last year? I know hunter had 17 in one game and I think he scored in double figures the game at ass hall

Just wait until iu plays Purdue. Franklin won’t score in double digits either game. Just like tjd last year. World beater doesn’t do a thing either game. Did Franklin score a point either game against us last year? I know hunter had 17 in one game and I think he scored in double figures the game at ass hall
Trayce had 16 points and 8 rebs in the first game last season.

Archie gets away with it because the fans don’t know what good basketball looks like anymore. But hey, their defense has ranked better every year under Archie and their record gets better by a game or two and for them, that enough to say he’s building a dynasty.

Archie gets away with it because the fans don’t know what good basketball looks like anymore. But hey, their defense has ranked better every year under Archie and their record gets better by a game or two and for them, that enough to say he’s building a dynasty.
The offense gets better every year as well, Mr. Kenpom. Unless Archie starts producing real results he won’t be at IU long. Even though his metrics get better every year.

Tjd scored 16 in one game on 10 free throws. He had 6 and 4 rebounds the other game. Franklin scored 4 both games. E. Hunter scored 17 and 12, and Sasha was in double figures. Franklin is definitely the best guard in the big. Wait until we play again. It will be the same results like always. Iu fans will be quiet for another year talking about their 40-60 year old banners and the last unbeaten team in college that happened 45 years ago. Just like the dolphins cheering for teams to lose. Sad sight.

Tjd scored 16 in one game on 10 free throws. He had 6 and 4 rebounds the other game. Franklin scored 4 both games. E. Hunter scored 17 and 12, and Sasha was in double figures. Franklin is definitely the best guard in the big. Wait until we play again. It will be the same results like always. Iu fans will be quiet for another year talking about their 40-60 year old banners and the last unbeaten team in college that happened 45 years ago. Just like the dolphins cheering for teams to lose. Sad sight.
What happened more recently...? Purdue making the final 4, or Iu winning the championship?

The offense gets better every year as well, Mr. Kenpom. Unless Archie starts producing real results he won’t be at IU long. Even though his metrics get better every year.
Oh yeah, it’s obvious the offense keeps getting better.
If Franklin is smart, he will take advantage of the transfer rules this season. That works both ways you know?

Oh yeah, it’s obvious the offense keeps getting better.
If Franklin is smart, he will take advantage of the transfer rules this season. That works both ways you know?
You are Mr. Kenpom. IU’s offensive metrics have improved every season under Archie. They aren’t where they need to be offensively, but they have gotten better every year.

You are Mr. Kenpom. IU’s offensive metrics have improved every season under Archie. They aren’t where they need to be offensively, but they have gotten better every year.
Oh yeah, Kenpom is like crack and you’re right, Miller is putting up better numbers each year. Probably want to extend him before he gets snagged by Duke or Kentucky.

Oh yeah, Kenpom is like crack and you’re right, Miller is putting up better numbers each year. Probably want to extend him before he gets snagged by Duke or Kentucky.
You are the big Kenpom guy. Saying Archie’s offensive and defensive metrics have improved each year is a fact. Stating he will be snagged by Duke or UK is not a fact.

more likely he gets snagged by Arizona.
Funny that in the last 3 coaches IU has had- there has been the former biggest cheater in college basketball and the brother of the current biggest cheater in college basketball. Seems like a trend

You are the big Kenpom guy. Saying Archie’s offensive and defensive metrics have improved each year is a fact. Stating he will be snagged by Duke or UK is not a fact.

I trust that you are aware that Pomeroy has stated that his statistical method has no real value early in the season. He maintains that you have to wait until later January (I believe) until it has any real predictive value.

I trust that you are aware that Pomeroy has stated that his statistical method has no real value early in the season. He maintains that you have to wait until later January (I believe) until it has any real predictive value.
It’s the beginning of January as his algorithm has last years numbers influenced in the results until then.

Pete is the big Kenpom guy, not me.

You know what hasn’t improved each year under Archie? IU’s finish in the big ten. That’s okay though, the defense is elite.

Galloway has a tendency to jump in the air and then pass. Lucky they got the call at the end of regulation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT