ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

When you say come back down to Earth, what percentage are you thinking? 43%? Franklin is clearly the best defender. He is the best rebounder of the guards on either team as well. The only stats that favor Purdue guard(s) currently are FT shooting and Turnovers with the latter being due to usage.
Usage? Funny how Hunter and Sasha are “used” roughy the same amount per game yet they have better A/T ratios.

Considering Galloway has a higher win share than Ivey not really sure where you're going with your comment. Granted it's not by much, but still.

Galloway has also been healthy all year while Ivey is rounding back into playing shape. If you saw him our last game, it’s pretty obvious what he’s capable of.

That doesn't dispute anything I've said as being factual...

Just think it’s funny that you’d take Galloway over Ivey when probably 99% of IU fans would do the opposite. Like I said before, I do feel bad for Galloway since he preferred Purdue but he lost his spot when higher priorities committed.

From an individual standpoint he's better than any Purdue guard. I didn't see where the argument shifted from that to "what guard works the best in a certain system". But now that you have moved the goal posts....
I'll concur that Franklin works best in what the IU STAR has labeled a "garbage offense."

Just think it’s funny that you’d take Galloway over Ivey when probably 99% of IU fans would do the opposite. Like I said before, I do feel bad for Galloway since he preferred Purdue but he lost his spot when higher priorities committed.

Well he's out-performing the two guys who were prioritized over him so he may end up having the last laugh.

Easy to outperform when one guy had mono and the other had a foot injury. Your freshman class has been extremely meh so far.

Your redshirts look good and Edey looked great to start the year before teams had tape and competition started catching up to him. I do think Ivey has good upside but he's been abysmal shooting the rock this year and Morton might statistically be the worst player offensively in the B10 and maybe the country and I question whether or not he's ever shot a basketball prior to this year.

Your redshirts look good and Edey looked great to start the year before teams had tape and competition started catching up to him. I do think Ivey has good upside but he's been abysmal shooting the rock this year and Morton might statistically be the worst player offensively in the B10 and maybe the country and I question whether or not he's ever shot a basketball prior to this year.

I seem to recall that Miller was keen on recruiting Morton. Sure that is not sour grapes?

I seem to recall that Miller was keen on recruiting Morton. Sure that is not sour grapes?

I think Miller dodged a bullet missing out on Morton. But yes, Archie does seem to like recruiting guards who can't shoot and are offensively inept so maybe that's why he was so keen on Morton.

Reactions: mathboy
You say some really dumb stuff and it’s obvious that you are either making crap up or truly don’t understand what you are seeing. You’re really twisting and turning a lot trying to find a single thing that IU has that is better. The bottomline however is that it appears so far, that IU is about to miss the NCAA tournament for what, the fifth year in a row and Franklin, no matter how well he plays or doesn’t play, has yet to play in a single game in said tournament. Congrats.

Reactions: IUhaterade
I don't expect young fans or those not native to Indiana to understand the absolute hatred older Boiler fans have for IU and the absolute glee we experience when they struggle. We lived through years if complete crap flowing from their fans during the Knight years. Many times it was like a civil war putting family members against each other. Some of the worst were family members that had absolutely no ties to IU but Knight was a god to them. That is why "IU Sucks" still has meaning and why POTFH is not just a motto to many of us. No amount of hand wringing and platitudes will ever change the view those of us around in the 60s through the 80s have regarding IU.
BINGO - I have been ridiculed and belittled fir 6 years by a doctor who coached another girls softball team for our area, been called ignorant and having a worthless degree and had endless hats and sweatshirts waved at me as the person sneered. **** every IU fan - that's far less than I put up with for over 16 years

You say some really dumb stuff and it’s obvious that you are either making crap up or truly don’t understand what you are seeing. You’re really twisting and turning a lot trying to find a single thing that IU has that is better. The bottomline however is that it appears so far, that IU is about to miss the NCAA tournament for what, the fifth year in a row and Franklin, no matter how well he plays or doesn’t play, has yet to play in a single game in said tournament. Congrats.

You made this ignorant statement, not me.

Ivey would be the best guard, by a long shot, on IU this season.

Seems like you're the one twisting and turning trying to back track from such a god awful statement that isn't remotely accurate.

What were some highlights?

It was the kind of thing you have to hear for yourself... I’m not great at re-telling a story. It was in the final half hour of the show today. Named courtsensetwo multiple times. Mentioned racist posters from that site in regards to Mike Davis.

Oops sorry. I was looking for information about Purdue, This was a Purdue chat room before it became an I.U. chat room.

Oops sorry. I was looking for information about Purdue, This was a Purdue chat room before it became an I.U. chat room.

Not sure why you'd come to a thread titled "IU meltdown" then? Sounds like you voluntarily opened a thread not about Purdue and then voluntarily complained about it. What gives?

Some of their fans thing TJD is returning? Ha ha....good luck. While he'll probably end up in Europe, there's no way he's coming back to college to be on a losing team that won't make the tourney, be put in the low post where he's forced to guard other teams bigs and does nothing to develop into an NBA player.
I'd say it's a posibit

?

I don't get this.

You knowingly clicked on a post/thread with "i.u." in the title.

This is a Purdue forum. There have been threads about MSU's struggles. Threads about other teams.

I say this with no malice ... If you don't want to read about I.U., not clicking on threads that are clearly marked "i.u." would seem to be a good strategy.

Well I happen to think Coach G and Trojan are right. Franklin is by far and away one of the best guards in the BIG, closely followed by... was the other one Galloway? Sure, he is great too. I recall much the same was said about Phinny, but I guess he is in the dog house now. Add in TJD being such a great post player, it is truly a wonder a team of scrubs like Purdue can even walk onto the same court. Just wow.

Bad teams often have one player who seemly takes control, scores much of the teams points, but is a major factor in losing games. They can appear to be a great player, with great stats, but are actually causing the team to fracture.

Reactions: Inspector100
Bad teams often have one player who seemly takes control, scores much of the teams points, but is a major factor in losing games. They can appear to be a great player, with great stats, but are actually causing the team to fracture.

You would be describing Rob Phinisee and/or Al Durham who admittedly are terrible. TJD and Armaan Franklin are two of the best defenders in the Big 10. Indiana is a good team that plays in an even better conference. Any and all analytic measures back this. Their offense stalls primarily because of two players. Neither are named Armaan Franklin or Trayce Jackson-Davis.

Well I happen to think Coach G and Trojan are right. Franklin is by far and away one of the best guards in the BIG, closely followed by... was the other one Galloway? Sure, he is great too. I recall much the same was said about Phinny, but I guess he is in the dog house now. Add in TJD being such a great post player, it is truly a wonder a team of scrubs like Purdue can even walk onto the same court. Just wow.

Show me 1 post ever that says RP is one of the best guards in the big ten. Purdue has guards that are currently better than Galloway. Franklin is the best guard on either team though.

Show me 1 post ever that says RP is one of the best guards in the big ten. Purdue has guards that are currently better than Galloway. Franklin is the best guard on either team though.
You would have to look back to last summer season to catch the praise dumped onto Phinny. The rest was sarcasm.

I think you and Coach are just jerking some of us around. Please don’t get your hopes up that I will continue this dialog much further. :cool:

You would have to look back to last summer season to catch the praise dumped onto Phinny. The rest was sarcasm.

Why don't you show us that praise? I think most IU fans agreed Phinisee was a serviceable PG as an underclassmen whose development was slewed by injuries his first two years. He's clearly regressed, but I don't ever recall him being praised as a savior, let alone an all-conference guard. Am I missing something or did you just make that up...again?

Dumb

And yet head to head record means nothing. I would be perfectly fine with winning a Big Ten championship every year while getting swept by Purdue. IU’s overall record (both in total wins and quality wins) was better than Purdue’s.

How many times has Purdue given IU a 37 point beat down in Assembly hall?
Head to head matters to you. Don’t give us that crap. It matters to me. The only reason you are saying it doesn’t matter is because IU isn’t winning them so it’s easier to say it doesn’t. They aren’t winning championships of any kind either so what else do you have to measure IU’s success vs Purdue’s?

What parts dumb?

-RS look good
-Teams learning how to play Edey
-Ivey abysmal shooting (33% from the field, 20% from 3 against P5 competition)
-Morton offensively inept looking like he’s never shot a ball (worst offensive rating of any B10 player who plays a meaningful minute and shooting 18% from the field)

First statement is an opinion, and complimentary at that. Second is 50-50 but you can draw your own conclusions. Third and fourth are facts statistically backed. Which is it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT