ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

Gillis is a second year player. How many “freshman of the week” awards would Franklin have received if he he had redshirted last year instead of playing sparingly? You could have used Edey who also got the award earlier this year, however.

You are incorrect; he is a first year player as he was rehabbing from injury last year. He did not play one minute of game time. The B1G and the NCAA recognize him as a freshman.

You are correct about Edey also receiving the recognition.That makes two Purdue freshman. I am not aware of an IU freshman getting the award. So I question how you seem to equate the two respective classes.

And yet head to head record means nothing. I would be perfectly fine with winning a Big Ten championship every year while getting swept by Purdue. IU’s overall record (both in total wins and quality wins) was better than Purdue’s.

How many times has Purdue given IU a 37 point beat down in Assembly hall?

Bragging about a 37 point from 7 years ago? Yikes.

When was Purdue’s last Final 4?
You Loosiers have to bring up Final Fours because Purdue has owned IU recently.Even with the great RMK as coach,the Hoosiers never beat Purdue 10 out of 11 times.You dont mind IU getting swept by Purdue as long as the Clown Pants win the Big Ten?You are more likely to continue being swept by Purdue than you are to see IU win the league title,Mr 0 and 2.You are interested in BIG titles?Purdue has 24 to IUs 22.Series history?Purdue has 122 wins to Indianas 89.Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:
and purdue fans complain about IU fans being obsessed with purdue and coming here to post. Seems like the same is true with purdue fans being obsessed with IU. In the past 5 years i've been to the I u about twice. and that was to ask where a good place to eat was. When talking about obsessions, some of you are as obsessed about the failure of Iu as you are about the success of purdue. Actually, some of you are more obsessed with their losses than Purdue wins.

to be honest, i don't know what IU's record is, who their players are, what their schedule is, nor do i care. I thought this was a purdue board.

Mother bear has pretty good pizza.

632499335e26b79e48a033e7f4facc0a-4.jpg

You guys ready to laugh? Here’s a gem from @Coach Geez

“Ivey is a true freshman, not a redshirt and I’d take Galloway over him any day and twice on Sunday. Inefficient chucker.”

Congrats coach, this is easily the dumbest thing you’ve ever posted, well done.

I do feel for Galloway though. He wanted Purdue but we landed our top options so he had to settle for Plan B.

Truly insane. Even for “Coach”.

Galloway instead of Ivey is insane no matter how you look at it. I believe "Coach's" main argument was the inefficiency of Ivey, which is extremely unfair to cite because Jaden missed 5 games with an injury and is still getting acclimated to B1G play. Secondly, their respective teams are using them in completely different ways. Galloway started vs Illinois and played 32 minutes, but in no way was he looking to create his own shot or get to the rim. Archie probably just feels that he is better-suited to run the offense right now. Now, when you look at Ivey, he is trying to create his shot anywhere on the floor and give a spark to the Purdue offense. The sky is the limit with Ivey, and if you prefer Galloway over him I don't know what to tell you. The usage statistic heavily leans towards Ivey (16-20%), and Jaden has attempted the same number of FTs, six less attempts from the field, and one less three despite playing in 4 less games than Galloway. If anything, IU would need someone like Ivey given how their offense has performed.

You guys ready to laugh? Here’s a gem from @Coach Geez

“Ivey is a true freshman, not a redshirt and I’d take Galloway over him any day and twice on Sunday. Inefficient chucker.”

Congrats coach, this is easily the dumbest thing you’ve ever posted, well done.

I do feel for Galloway though. He wanted Purdue but we landed our top options so he had to settle for Plan B.

As a player billed as a "taller Carsen Edwards" sorry, not impressed so far. My comment stands.

Basketball is a two-way game and I like what I've seen out of Galloway on both ends of the floor over Ivey. Agree to disagree.

As a player billed as a "taller Carsen Edwards" sorry, not impressed so far. My comment stands.

Basketball is a two-way game and I like what I've seen out of Galloway on both ends of the floor over Ivey. Agree to disagree.

Galloway averages 23 mpg and 5 ppg. Ivey, coming off of an injury, averages 14 mpg and 6.2 ppg. Ivey is shooting 42% from the field with Galloway at 47%. Their defensive stats are pretty much identical. Galloway does turn the ball over twice as much, most likely due to usage.

There's no stat or eye test that backs up your opinion. At the very best, it's a push, but even that is a massive stretch.

Here's the takeaway: you have extremely biased takes and, based on your posting here, are pretty delusional when it comes to IU sports.

If you're coming here for a level-headed discussion you're not going to get one because you're so far out in left field. If you're coming here to troll, cool, but everyone sees through your bull****. Your takes are so bad that people post them here to laugh at. If I were you I'd probably tone it down or step away from the keyboard.

Gillis was recently B1G Freshman of the Week. I am not aware that an IU freshman has been accorded that honor. If I am incorrect, please enlighten me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gillis, Edey and Newman have all has FOTW honors?

Reactions: Schnelk
And yet head to head record means nothing. I would be perfectly fine with winning a Big Ten championship every year while getting swept by Purdue. IU’s overall record (both in total wins and quality wins) was better than Purdue’s.

How many times has Purdue given IU a 37 point beat down in Assembly hall?

And let me guess....you care more about beating Kentucky than you do about beating Purdue. You, me, and every other iu hilbilly know that's complete BS.

Galloway averages 23 mpg and 5 ppg. Ivey, coming off of an injury, averages 14 mpg and 6.2 ppg. Ivey is shooting 42% from the field with Galloway at 47%. Their defensive stats are pretty much identical. Galloway does turn the ball over twice as much, most likely due to usage.

There's no stat or eye test that backs up your opinion. At the very best, it's a push, but even that is a massive stretch.

Here's the takeaway: you have extremely biased takes and, based on your posting here, are pretty delusional when it comes to IU sports.

If you're coming here for a level-headed discussion you're not going to get one because you're so far out in left field. If you're coming here to troll, cool, but everyone sees through your bull****. Your takes are so bad that people post them here to laugh at. If I were you I'd probably tone it down or step away from the keyboard.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. I like Galloway's game more and how it translates to Indiana's game. IU already has enough inefficient scorers who can't shoot, don't need another one in Ivey.

Please don’t compare Ivey to Calloway. You look extremely foolish. Calloway is Nojel without being a lockdown defender. He just runs around like a chicken with its head cut off and gets nothing done

Please don’t compare Ivey to Calloway. You look extremely foolish. Calloway is Nojel without being a lockdown defender. He just runs around like a chicken with its head cut off and gets nothing done

Galloway is averaging more points more efficiently 9 games into his career than Nojel did as a junior. Just stop. Galloway may never be the lock down defender that Nojel was, but he's a more competent offensive player now than any point during Nojel's career.

Last edited:
Not in the realm of being remotely accurate. Nowhere near as good as Armaan Franklin who would be the best guard on either team.
Franklin is certainly the best guard for IU, I’ll agree with that. He has certainly had a good season statistically so far this year. We shall see if he can continue to be as efficient. I really don’t care if he is better than any of the Purdue guards because our guards spread the scoring out amongst themselves where IU hasn’t so far this year. Franklin also has more turnovers than assists which balances out when comparing Purdue guards who have a positive assist/turnover ratio and score just a point or so less than Franklin.

Franklin isn’t better than Hunter. Hell I wouldn’t even trade Franklin for Newman.

Certainly your prerogative. Franklin is a demonstrably better defender than any Purdue guard and in fact has the 2nd best defensive rating of any guard in the B10 and that's with already drawing defensive assignments of 3 future lottery picks. He averages more points than any Purdue guard, rebounds better than any Purdue guard, and is shooting at the same clip as Purdue's best guard.

Certainly your prerogative. Franklin is a demonstrably better defender than any Purdue guard and in fact has the 2nd best defensive rating of any guard in the B10 and that's with already drawing defensive assignments of 3 future lottery picks. He averages more points than any Purdue guard, rebounds better than any Purdue guard, and is shooting at the same clip as Purdue's best guard.
This is exactly why you aren't a coach. He makes IU better in what way? You see Hunter knows how to set the offense. You keep having your RL mentality and IU will continue to be mediocre.

This is exactly why you aren't a coach. He makes IU better in what way? You see Hunter knows how to set the offense. You keep having your RL mentality and IU will continue to be mediocre.

I will assure you none of IU's problems stem for Armaan Franklin's play. Now if you were talking about complete regression out of IU's two upperclassmen guards you'd have an argument. But that wasn't what was being discussed.

Reactions: Emartin70287
What was the outcome of the 2 head to head matchups last year?
Hell...what's been the outcome of the last 10 head to head match ups?
Just to make sure we are being consistent, Nebraska went undefeated against Purdue last year, right? Was Nebraska better than Purdue last year?

And let me guess....you care more about beating Kentucky than you do about beating Purdue. You, me, and every other iu hilbilly know that's complete BS.
I don’t care about a single victory over the entire results of the season. One game does not define a season. A poor overall season is not made a great season by beating the #1 team. A great season is not made poor by losing to the last place team in the conference. The season as a whole is all that matters.

I will assure you none of IU's problems stem for Armaan Franklin's play. Now if you were talking about complete regression out of IU's two upperclassmen guards you'd have an argument. But that wasn't what was being discussed.
You said he was better than any of Purdue's guards right? I clearly stated that if you like the RL mentality you will struggle. Our players continue to make others better from positions 1-5. CMP has coached the system and Lil Arch doesn't have an offensive system that works. This is what makes our guards better, because the system works.

You said he was better than any of Purdue's guards right? I clearly stated that if you like the RL mentality you will struggle. Our players continue to make others better from positions 1-5. CMP has coached the system and Lil Arch doesn't have an offensive system that works. This is what makes our guards better, because the system works.

From an individual standpoint he's better than any Purdue guard. I didn't see where the argument shifted from that to "what guard works the best in a certain system". But now that you have moved the goal posts....

Reactions: TrojanFan004
Don’t think that’s true. Through 9 games maybe but through the full season I doubt that’ll be the case. Franklin’s shooting will come back down to earth.
When you say come back down to Earth, what percentage are you thinking? 43%? Franklin is clearly the best defender. He is the best rebounder of the guards on either team as well. The only stats that favor Purdue guard(s) currently are FT shooting and Turnovers with the latter being due to usage.

As I said in another thread a few days ago, their fans still think it is the 1970s and 1980s. Those days of being relevant in college basketball are long gone.
This.

Came for the Rutgers matchup, but also enjoying Indiana's struggles. It always looks like something is just off about their team.

When you say come back down to Earth, what percentage are you thinking? 43%? Franklin is clearly the best defender. He is the best rebounder of the guards on either team as well. The only stats that favor Purdue guard(s) currently are FT shooting and Turnovers with the latter being due to usage.

Clearly his 3-point percentage.

Just to make sure we are being consistent, Nebraska went undefeated against Purdue last year, right? Was Nebraska better than Purdue last year?
iu hasn't beaten Purdue in 5 YEARS!!!
We're not talking about each school getting a sweep here and there, we're talking about domination in the series over an extended period of time.
It's very similar to the Michigan/Ohio State game in football. At this point, people would be shocked the next time Michigan wins.

Reactions: Schnelk
You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. I like Galloway's game more and how it translates to Indiana's game. IU already has enough inefficient scorers who can't shoot, don't need another one in Ivey.
How he aides in IU losing games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT