ADVERTISEMENT

IU fans are now complaining about Creaning by Crean

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Am I the only one who remembers when they came over here telling us that:

1. everybody does it; and

2. the people who were Creaned really weren't Creaned?

My, how the tide has turned.

The first few paragraphs from the Gregg Doyel column....

"Creaning" is a thing. It's an insult, it's a verb, it's a way of life for Indiana basketball. It's the way the Hoosiers roster turns over almost every year, magically if you want to be naïve about it, with IU coach Tom Crean somehow finding a way to fit 14 or 15 scholarship athletes into the 13-player maximum. How does he do that?

Players leave early. Some for the NBA. Some transfer. Some academically. Some just quit.

Creaning. Google it. It's a word being used by Illinois fans, Michigan fans, Purdue fans, even Indiana fans. It's a word on UrbanDictionary.com: The practice of pulling a scholarship from a college athlete(s) in order to open up a scholarship for a more highly valued recruit.

Creaning is a thing, and it's an unsavory thing, and it's a reason - but just one reason, and not even the biggest reason - that Tom Crean is near the point where his future at Indiana is out of his hands.

I remember when people got banned from peegs for even mentioning "creaning"...now, so many peegers use it, there wouldn't be anyone left...except Courtsense ( whose probably never, personally, heard the term outside GBI).

Doyel on " Creaning" and Crean...

Very short memories, indeed. How they have tolerated this dumb, weird, unethical clown is a mystery.

That he did as poorly in the tournament as he did with two lottery picks probably says all that one needs to know about his coaching ability. And this is the same guy who coached one of his players to pretend that he was struck in the groin against MSU a few years ago. What kind of person does that and then tweets biblical passages after the game.

This goofy dude is a used car salesman. Just wish he could stay at IU for the rest of his career.

Very short memories, indeed. How they have tolerated this dumb, weird, unethical clown is a mystery.

That he did as poorly in the tournament as he did with two lottery picks probably says all that one needs to know about his coaching ability. And this is the same guy who coached one of his players to pretend that he was struck in the groin against MSU a few years ago. What kind of person does that and then tweets biblical passages after the game.

This goofy dude is a used car salesman. Just wish he could stay at IU for the rest of his career.
Couldn't agree more

honey_badger has GOT to be an IU troll. Resurrecting this thread the week that Crean wins his second outright B1G title in four years?

Mods for this board need to be there for y'all.

honey_badger has GOT to be an IU troll. Resurrecting this thread the week that Crean wins his second outright B1G title in four years?

Mods for this board need to be there for y'all.
If I were the mod you wouldn't have to worry about a second post over here.

I

"Creaning" is a thing. It's an insult, it's a verb, it's a way of life for Indiana basketball. It's the way the Hoosiers roster turns over almost every year, magically if you want to be naïve about it, with IU coach Tom Crean somehow finding a way to fit 14 or 15 scholarship athletes into the 13-player maximum. How does he do that?

Players leave early. Some for the NBA. Some transfer. Some academically. Some just quit.

Creaning. Google it. It's a word being used by Illinois fans, Michigan fans, Purdue fans, even Indiana fans. It's a word on UrbanDictionary.com: The practice of pulling a scholarship from a college athlete(s) in order to open up a scholarship for a more highly valued recruit.

Creaning is a thing, and it's an unsavory thing, and it's a reason - but just one reason, and not even the biggest reason - that Tom Crean is near the point where his future at Indiana is out of his hands.

I remember when people got banned from peegs for even mentioning "creaning"...now, so many peegers use it, there wouldn't be anyone left...except Courtsense ( whose probably never, personally, heard the term outside GBI).

I got banned over there for using the term "creaning".

A guy comes on this board and says he has watched IU to 3 Natty's....is straight up a jokester. Sorry I've never met a 50 some yr old man say Natty.

A guy comes on this board and says he has watched IU to 3 Natty's....is straight up a jokester. Sorry I've never met a 50 some yr old man say Natty.
wow, "Natty"???? I've never even heard the term till now, lol. Syracuse should have beat IU in that last "natty", they were lucky.

wow, "Natty"???? I've never even heard the term till now, lol. Syracuse should have beat IU in that last "natty", they were lucky.

Much like being a Cubs fan, someday I hope to see Purdue play for a national championship.

I'd sure like to see that happen before I die.

Reactions: skfboiler
Much like being a Cubs fan, someday I hope to see Purdue play for a national championship.

I'd sure like to see that happen before I die.
Could be this year. Think about the run UCONN had two years or so ago, totally improbable. Is a Purdue run improbable, no it is not,,,,,so we have even a better chance of making it than UCONN did. I'm tired of UCONN & Duke national championships by the way. I was actually rooting for Butler many years ago at Lucas Oil Stadium when Duke got some fortunate whistles late in that game and ripped off Butler.

Could be this year. Think about the run UCONN had two years or so ago, totally improbable. Is a Purdue run improbable, no it is not,,,,,so we have even a better chance of making it than UCONN did. I'm tired of UCONN & Duke national championships by the way. I was actually rooting for Butler many years ago at Lucas Oil Stadium when Duke got some fortunate whistles late in that game and ripped off Butler.

Seriously, wherever you get your hallucinogens.....can I put in an order for some?

And I remember when many of them came hear to tell us that Purdue fans were the only ones who used the term.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT