ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana University....where coaches now go to end their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
Woody struggling and the door appears to be open and him headed out the door (I thought Wooden would turn it around bigly.)
Former coach Miller...9-7 at RIU
Former Coach Crean...living on his IU stipend and not coaching
Kelvin Sampson....still cheating in Houston
Former "coach" Mike Davis....0-18 at Detroit Mercy living in his basement

How much has IU wasted over the years since Knight to get to this state of mediocracy.

Oh, and for the IU fans showing up on here....

Alford....
never coached at IU is now 15-2 at Nevada
Dusty May...Never coached at IU is now 13-4 at FAU with a FF

That Knight curse is still alive and well.

Reactions: bono1000
Woody struggling and the door appears to be open and him headed out the door (I thought Wooden would turn it around bigly.)

How much has IU wasted over the years since Knight to get to this state of mediocracy.

Alford....

The best retirement program in the country!

Reactions: tjreese
Man I haven't seen you post on here in forever! Sampson is by far and away the best coach since Knight and its not close. IU would have had multiple final 4s and another title if he wasn't a cheater.

Reactions: tjreese and Seyton
The best retirement program in the country!
With all their buyouts over the last few years, their buyouts are their pensions and social security for their coaches.

Don’t know how that athletic department stays a float. We know it is not from fans attendance at football games, unless they charge the geese.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese

Alford....

And some people here think Painter should be fired so that Purdue can get a blue blood level coach. :rolleyes:

Alford....

I don't really care about IU but as a College Basketball fan watching IU's program under Woodson they look like more of an NBA Developmental Team. Ie... How are you trying to build a solid College Basketball Program? I was mentioning this to an IU buddy and he agreed. That WARE is considered a one and done at IU this year. Has alot of talent still developing and one of IU's best player's. However IU may not make the NCAA Tournament and WARE is going to be gone after this season. Same goes for that PG Hood last year who killed Purdue. Unless you are going to get around 3 one and done on your College roster ala Calipari at Kentucky how exactly are you going to develop a program that consistently wins?

Purdue may not make the Final 4 this year but Matt has 3 of the top 89 Rival player rankings coming in next year. I thought Colvin would have a bigger impact this year but I assume he was told he might not have alot of PT time this year and was ok with it... I am sure Colvin will be a good player and with those recruits next year I am sure Matt Painter will put a good team on the floor next year and THIS is an example how you consistently put a competitive team on the floor year after year plus developing player's.

IU's program right now seems obsessed with recruiting TOP 5 Star recruits. I saw an IU fan complaining IU has 3 5 Star recruits and Purdue has none. That is NOT how you build a winning culture or team.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

Alford....

where coaches now go to end their career​

... and All-American high school players go to play in the NIT.

I normally stay out of these discussions but I really get tired of age being brought up when one side is talking. If Trump is elected he will be 78 at the time of his taking office. They are both old farts . Either age is an issue for you, or it isn't. That is up to each person, but to act like the one is a spring chicken gets really tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT