ADVERTISEMENT

It's effin hot out... How many wins in "enough" in 2025?

How many wins in 2025?

• 7+

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 14 60.9%

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Don't care. Just beat someone you shouldn't have.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

boiledmeconium

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 13, 2013
Throw shade, blow sunshine, gimme a wild ass guess. I don't care. How many wins would be "enough" for you in 2025?

Maybe you don't care about the number but want to beat someone you shouldn't have.

I voted 6.

Reactions: Tommaker
Hoping for 6 but looking more at improvements on the field (better O line, etc). Keep it competitive with the better teams and maybe a surprise upset.

4 is enough as in bare minimum expectations.

5 would be decent. Progress.

6 would be very good, ahead of schedule.

7 is probably the ceiling. If he won 7 games with this team and this schedule, it would be one of the best overachiever results in recent history.

Tiller and Brohm's lovechild couldn't get 8 wins this season with this team/schedule.

7 is probably the ceiling. If he won 7 games with this team and this schedule, it would be one of the best overachiever results in recent history.

Tiller and Brohm's lovechild couldn't get 8 wins this season with this team/schedule.
Another factor…is the team exciting. Does it put butts in seats?

Defense doesn’t really do that and has never done that at Purdue. Especially when it was a bad defense pretty much all year.

I am guessing card will not be the qb in 2025. Without Card, the offense will undergo an overhaul. An inexperienced Qb with a new offense could be a disaster with a defensive minded head coach. Or it could be an improvement. Or it could be an excuse for a coach to ask for more time to build the program.

As for the schedule, until our ad learns the value of scheduling three non conference cream puffs, it will be brutal for the next 50 years or until we leave the Big 10

This is exactly right.

Another factor…is the team exciting. Does it put butts in seats?

Defense doesn’t really do that and has never done that at Purdue. Especially when it was a bad defense pretty much all year.
Ross-Ade was full all last season and it will be again this season.

In your desperation to hate this coach, you've now resorted to arguing that no one will go to games to watch a strong defensive team. lol

Reactions: cillerdo and z_one
Travis predicts Purdue at 6 wins.
Jim predicts IU at 10 wins.

I like how Travis breaks down the opponents and reasoning for his prediction instead of a lazy prediction take and just throwing a number out there.

Last edited:
Ross-Ade was full all last season and it will be again this season.

In your desperation to hate this coach, you've now resorted to arguing that no one will go to games to watch a strong defensive team. lol
How long will it be full if a strong defensive team doesn’t play strong defense?

How long will it be full if a strong defensive team doesn’t play strong defense?

CRW’s track record at Illinois was that his defense took a jump his second year. This is Purdue’s second year, CRW has his DBs. Purdue will have a strong defense.

My prediction. Even with this daunting schedule, our defense will rank top half of the B1G in 2024. They will need to be to get this team to a bowl this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnelk
I am guessing card will not be the qb in 2025. Without Card, the offense will undergo an overhaul. An inexperienced Qb with a new offense could be a disaster with a defensive minded head coach. Or it could be an improvement. Or it could be an excuse for a coach to ask for more time to build the program.

As for the schedule, until our ad learns the value of scheduling three non conference cream puffs, it will be brutal for the next 50 years or until we leave the Big 10

I rather have an inexperienced Marcos Davila running our Air Raid offense over other B1G team situations breaking in a new QB.

I rather have an inexperienced Marcos Davila running our Air Raid offense over other B1G team situations breaking in a new QB.
Firm believer in developing in house than bringing in a hired gun transfer. Always going to take time to transition in. I’d rather that happen on our bench and in our playbook that somebody else’s.

On the other hand, I don’t freak out about recruiting wins and losses. With the portal, these will even out and needs are able to be met much much quicker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT