ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Scant Consolation for Purdue—But

Speaking of money, a guy on on3 provided a source (Doug Griffith) saying that Zach was getting between 800K and 900K this past season. Does anyone have reason to believe this to be true?

Many more players collecting big checks than anyone knows about....including Zach & other B10 players.

I would add if ZE $ is true, that would be ironic that Purdue NIL found $ for him, but couldn't find it for Pack who would have likely guaranteed a FF and perhaps a NC.
Lost opportunity.

I disagree.....so far. If both the men and women teams don't reach the FF, those writing the checks will feel like it was NOT money well spent. To those people, it's FF or nothing.
Good post and spot on. They aren't paying for second place or parity in their leagues.

Good post and spot on. They aren't paying for second place or parity in their leagues.

You might think that is the case, but hope springs eternal in the off season when these player$ are bought.

After all, how many off seasons has iu been tops? Same at other aggressive schools with crazy fanbases with cash. Wait & watch...iu, KY, Miami, O$U, ARK, Mich, K$U, AZ, Duke, KS, Baylor, TX, M$U etc. this off season......and after players are bought, few will end as FF.

Oh, I get it. To THEM, it feels like money well spent as of now. If they don't win the next one, it will feel like, "....a hell of a ride!" for a little while. Might even make them write more checks next year. As soon as it doesn't work out, which is more likely, they will get frustrated with writing large checks for "nothing". Odds are that more people writing checks are going to be unhappy than the number of those that are happy.

The only way this works will be if the top 8 check writers make the FF every year or two. Too much wasted money if not. I don't see that scenario being likely with transfers every year. Check writing doesn't guarantee chemistry. Talent, alone, won't get them to where they wan't to be and there are so many variables that contribute to workable chemistry.
For a billionaire like Ruiz, it’s not a lot of money.

Speaking of money, a guy on on3 provided a source (Doug Griffith) saying that Zach was getting between 800K and 900K this past season. Does anyone have reason to believe this to be true?
That’s a lot of hockey sweaters and big maple t-shirts being sold to make that kind of money!

Many more players collecting big checks than anyone knows about....including Zach & other B10 players.

I would add if ZE $ is true, that would be ironic that Purdue NIL found $ for him, but couldn't find it for Pack who would have likely guaranteed a FF and perhaps a NC.
Lost opportunity.
What was your contribution?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT