ADVERTISEMENT

Is it our time? Upcoming 6 game stretch

chasedell

True Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2006
The IU game on Wed. may be one the biggest Painter has coached in the past 3 or 4 years. In state rival - with a lot on the line. This is a game Purdue must have - and I hope the coaches bring their best game plan - and the players can execute to do the little things in order to get the win. We must play defense - we must exploit them down low - slow the game down!

I read all these threads about NIT or NCAA bids - this is a HUGE swing game for this team. I assume everyone has seen the schedule - but in case you have peeked past Wed. - here it is-

@ NW - granted it is a road game - but a very winnable one - and we will likely be favored to do so

OSU - at home - not their best team - and we should be favored again!

@ Minnesota - another very winnable road game against a team that is 2-6 in conference -might be a pickem' or could be favored again

@ Rutgers - another 2-6 team - and very winnable road game - probably favored (if we win the game above this)

Nebraska - home game - we will be favored!

This stretch of 6 games is our biggest stretch in several years. We all remember the great teams at Purdue - they all found ways to win games that they were suppose to win. Even on an up and down year like this one - these 6 games are actually all very winnable! It starts with beating IU - and all of our road games are vs. the worst team in the conference. Our current record alone shows that we are better than all of those teams - and the two teams coming to Mackey (after Wed.) - we should also be favored to beat!

This is the swing game of our 2015 season

Can you imagine being 18-8 and 10-3 in the Big Ten? That conversation about which tourney we would be in takes a big turn if we can take care of business the next 6 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News