ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Purdue most hated rivals

Purdue and Iowa are natural rivals. The states of Indiana and Iowa are virtually the same once you eliminate culture, technology, basketball tradition, pro sports, world famous racing, national conventions, and historical figures.
How about comparing Hollywood figures?Iowa has Oscar winners John Wayne,Donna Reed,and Cloris Leachman plus William Frawley.Indiana produced Anne Baxter,Robert Wise,James Dean and Red Skelton.PoliticallyIowa has supported the Democrat nominee for President in five of the last eight elections while Indiana has voted for the Dems in five of the last twenty eight contests.

The word Iowa, of Native American origin, actually translates to "Purdue sucks!"
How about comparing Hollywood figures?Iowa has Oscar winners John Wayne,Donna Reed,and Cloris Leachman plus William Frawley.Indiana produced Anne Baxter,Robert Wise,James Dean and Red Skelton.PoliticallyIowa has supported the Democrat nominee for President in five of the last eight elections while Indiana has voted for the Dems in five of the last twenty eight contests.
This is the best you can do? Actors? Anybody remember the last Iowa caucus? AKA the laughing stock of politics and elections! Keep up the good work, Iowa.

This is the best you can do? Actors? Anybody remember the last Iowa caucus? AKA the laughing stock of politics and elections! Keep up the good work, Iowa.
Yes,that was pretty bad.I have never been to Iowa,but a drive across it cant be any worse than traveling through Kansas.Once you have been there,you know why Dorothy Gale had those exotic dreams of getting out of there.

Yes,that was pretty bad.I have never been to Iowa,but a drive across it cant be any worse than traveling through Kansas.Once you have been there,you know why Dorothy Gale had those exotic dreams of getting out of there.
So true! We used to vacation in CO and my Dad thought it was a great idea to take one of the long Dodge vans and drive through Kansas. "I spy an oil well..." and fall asleep. Painfully boring.

I had a really good friend in my life until I found out he went to Purdue.

Now I hate that guy.

Nice guy, but get real!

Also dated a girl who went to Purdue. Only tolerated her because she had the wisdom to transfer out.
So, now you have zero friends? 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
You Iowa types just can’t get over that fact that Purdue beat you each and every year from 1960 to 1980. That’s right Hawkeyes!!! Purdue beat you guys 21 straight years in what was and probably still is the longest winning streak against one team in NCAA history. Only Notre Dame beating up on Navy might be a longer streak!
A lot of teams beat us a lot of times in that stretch. GBHF. God Bless Hayden Fry.

don't know if there is enough hate to go around, I live in Pa. and there fans hate you guys after last week. And it's still a GD shame that one of the icons of Iowa wrestling is their wrestling coach.
He's no icon of Iowa wrestling. He coached at Iowa State, aka, Clown University.

Can't we just merge Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska into one boring, annoying state? I mean, they're pretty much the same and have no redeeming qualities in themselves.
Ok now you've gone and done it. Indiana, Indiana, Indiana. :mad:

Just kidding. It's still Indinia. ;)

don't know if there is enough hate to go around, I live in Pa. and there fans hate you guys after last week. And it's still a GD shame that one of the icons of Iowa wrestling is their wrestling coach.
PSU got physically beaten by the bullies of the B1G Ten .Just can't stomach Joe Pa U. Cael is an ISU alum no love lost there

That was awesome, glad i came across your post. On a related note, the following excerpt made me laugh: But it was his last punt that finally broke the spirit of the previously unbeaten Irish. With two minutes to play, Kinnick punted from his own 34, the ball going out of bounds on the Notre Dame five. When I saw that ball sail over the safety's head, I knew we had beaten Notre Dame," Couppee says. "I have played in 147 football games, college, service and pro, but that was the single most exhilarating moment I've ever experienced in sports."

That deep love for punting as an art form lives on at Iowa. Given a choice between having the best quarterback in the country and the best punter in the world, KF and indeed many iowa fans would actually pick the punter and then bitch (only the fans) rest of the season about the qb. :)
That article has long been a favorite of mine always brings a tear for all the boys who didn't get to live their life. "When you go home tell them of us we gave our today so you could have your tomorrow " Semper Fi.

Reactions: desihawk
The hate is strong today from hawkeye land. I wish upon you all petty annoyances. To those of you traveling, I hope for safe travels. May you drive by gas stations with cheaper gas at the next stop after you have already filled up, and may all Starbucks you stop at only have decaf.
Good day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT