Under 50 yards rushing

First year QB had a tough day and needed more protection & time on the road

TE had a below average day

Bell shined again

Bad calls on the field

Play calling suspect at times

Dumb penalty and Int’s

Team did not quit

I think the D line was fine. The secondary killed any chances of winning this game. Too many big pass plays. Trice is learning. But it's disappointing, because Mackey should be playing better than he is.

Reactions: pboiler18
I think the D line was fine. The secondary killed any chances of winning this game. Too many big pass plays. Trice is learning. But it's disappointing, because Mackey should be playing better than he is.
It is what it is in the secondary. The future is brighter, the focus the past to recruiting classes Has been on getting quality dB. Life goes on. Did not watch it but listen to the game. Turnovers lost this game. The fumble in the first half was paramount. Set the tone but the team did not quit! Hats off to not quitting and continued fighting!

Isn't Mackey playing injured? Thinking that might be affecting his play

Oh, goodness, Pat.

The secondary?

Hells bells, there's enough blame to go around, if you're going to torch players.

How about turnovers? You want to point a finger at a player fumbling the ball as we get close to a TD?

How about a QB that throws inopportune interceptions?

How about a seasoned veteran, quality kid, who gets a really bad personal foul when we least can afford it (at the end of the game)?

There's more. Shall we continue?

Crap. The secondary didn't "(kill) any chances of winning this game." It was lost all throughout the game. We're incredibly young. The entire team lost this game.

Why do this?

Reactions: atmafola
Oh, goodness, Pat.

The secondary?

Hells bells, there's enough blame to go around, if you're going to torch players.

How about turnovers? You want to point a finger at a player fumbling the ball as we get close to a TD?

How about a QB that throws inopportune interceptions?

How about a seasoned veteran, quality kid, who gets a really bad personal foul when we least can afford it (at the end of the game)?

There's more. Shall we continue?

Crap. The secondary didn't "(kill) any chances of winning this game." It was lost all throughout the game. We're incredibly young. The entire team lost this game.

Why do this?

I'm really not torching anyone. But my concern is our secondary continues to get burned for big plays at inopportune times. I thought the D line played extremely well considering their depth. We also need to address our middle linebacker situation.

I'm really not torching anyone. But my concern is our secondary continues to get burned for big plays at inopportune times. I thought the D line played extremely well considering their depth. We also need to address our middle linebacker situation.

You mentioned the secondary... and Mackey.

This team is young. Devastated by injuries. Without their field generals. Learning on the fly.

Let's show some grace.

You mentioned the secondary... and Mackey.

This team is young. Devastated by injuries. Without their field generals. Learning on the fly.

Let's show some grace.

I totally respect your take. But injuries have nothing to do with Mackey's performance. Even Brohm has been critical of guys running free in the secondary. If we had major injuries there, then I get it. But we haven't. And it's disappointing, as Major, Mackey, Smiley, and Mosely all brought experience to the table. It shouldn't be this bad. I give Trice the benefit of the doubt, as he's still learning on the fly.

I totally respect your take. But injuries have nothing to do with Mackey's performance. Even Brohm has been critical of guys running free in the secondary. If we had major injuries there, then I get it. But we haven't. And it's disappointing, as Major, Mackey, Smiley, and Mosely all brought experience to the table. It shouldn't be this bad. I give Trice the benefit of the doubt, as he's still learning on the fly.
you're a good dude, Pat.
For the time being, we HAVE to have a LOT of patience.
Calling out players isn't going to help. For every veteran there are multiple rookies looking up to them. Relax. Let them all continue to develop.

Reactions: purduepat1969
you're a good dude, Pat.
For the time being, we HAVE to have a LOT of patience.
Calling out players isn't going to help. For every veteran there are multiple rookies looking up to them. Relax. Let them all continue to develop.

Believe me, i feel better about this program than if I were a Michigan fan. Talk about taking talent and wasting it, Harbaugh has that market cornered...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT