ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Message Boards (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
I watched the game tonight from an unexpected place. I came into the hospital for a heart angiogram and ended up with three stints inserted in my heart. So here I am in ICU typing up the Iowa Message Board excerpts on my cell phone. Probably the craziest thing was watching my heart pulse race on the monitor during the game whenever we hit a 3. I have recorded proof that Sasha and IT may well be the death of me yet! Enjoy

Purdue -2.5. O/U 153.

That seems like a crazy low line.

I can’t tell if the line is BEGGING you to bet on Purdue, or that their power rankings are still fairly flawed. I’m open to the possibility that Purdue just really isn’t THAT good.

This game is certainly within our reach if we play up to our potential. I see a game in the low 80s with Iowa winning by 2.

They are killing us inside. Unfortunately, we are going to have to play zone.

QUIT *&(&*%&% PLAYING ZONE!
Ok got that out of the system.
Go Hawks.

Shots not falling and looking slow on D

Williams has 2 buckets and 2 pushoffs.

We are rebounding VERY well. Get another foul on the Giant!

Fran is so dumb trying to press a team like this. 20 point loss coming.

Why is Conner allowed to shoot? Oh yeah, daddy!

What does Patrick Mac shoot from 3?

Bricks!

Carver seems kinda loud tonight. Too bad there hasn’t been much to cheer about.

Bohannon guarding Ivey. Fran, you fvcking hack!

Whoever keeps leaving Sasha, DON’T!!!

There was a time refs called legitimate fouls and other transgressions. Not anymore.

Keegan with 2 fouls. Thus is going to get ugly if Keegan sits.

Fran needs to lose his f**king 2-foul rule this year. Out offense simply disappears without Keegan. Unfortunate, but it is what it is — Fran needs to recognize that.

Keegan playing himself into another year of college.

Is Rebbeka hurt . . . or just owned by Purdue’s front line?

I cant believe Purdue keeps making these wide open 3's.

It's a mystery!

Hey look, our defense has left the building.

Yao Ming 2 fouls!

Can't play zone because Purdue is on fire. Can't play man because we can't guard the paint. Bad matchup.

Jesus, Purdue likes to get scorching hot against Iowa.

Purdue has a lot of good 3 point shooters. Isaiah Thompson hit 50 in a row a year or two ago in a practice at Mackey. Iowa might want to put a body on him?

That was another flop on Stepvanovic.

Floponovic!!

Edey made some great space with the elbow to the head.

Iowa’s best chance to win is for Fran to get ejected.

This is what really annoys me about iowa basketball. When I think it’s time to shut it off they go and do crap like this only to lose in the end by 5-10 points.

Just have to keep chipping away at the lead. Play good defense and rebound.

Purdue can't miss from 3! 65%!

****ing threes!!!

How on earth do you not just give it to Ivey and clear out when Jordan Bohannon is on him?

Honestly, all we need to do is have Fran tell an assistant to grab a random fan from the stands and have him run out and throw a spinning elbow strike to Ivey right in the f***ing face and take him out for the rest of the game, and we should totally come back and win!

7 point game when Connor checks in at 9:20. Remember that!

Those ****s and their 3s!!

Purdue is so well coached....so jealous!

We get it down to 5 and they pull away.

We got it close when Purdue got bored. They re-focused.

We've had plenty of open shots but unable to connect as Purdue hits everything.

Purdue's guards can shoot. Interesting concept.

Purdue 13/20 on threes. Unbelievable!

Uh..., I remember when they hit 21 on us. It's believable.

Crazy stat of the night is that Purdue is shooting 59% from three and 44% from the foul line.

The refs have left the floor.

Fran is a one trick pony! And the trick is on the fans. Fire him after this season and hire someone who has won a championship somewhere.

Outclassed! Purdue is bricking free throws and still up 15. The press is getting shredded and Fran just keeps it on. A team like Purdue reminds us how far off we are. Some things never change.

What we are seeing, boys and girls, is the difference between a Top 10 team and Top 60 team. These teams could play 10 times and the Boilers would win all 10. The only reason the first game got close — for 1 minute — was because of a ridiculous # of turnovers by Purdue against Iowa’s press, and you knew a well-coached team wouldn’t let that happen again.

Just when you thought you couldn't hate Covid any MORE.... Remember it brought us our Super Seniors!

Warm up the tractors and hit the exits hawkeye fans. This one’s over.

I want Purdue's coach instead of Squinty.

Pass me the rustiest bread knife you have so I can stab both my eyes out! I need a shot!!

When does football start?

When the opposing team hits 60% from 3, it’s tough to win. Period…regardless of turnovers, rebounds, etc.

Is there a coach portal? Asking for a Fran.

Glad to see Fran's recruiting is paying off. Other than Purdue being better at every position on the floor including their bench, there isn't much of a gap.

Getting swept by Purdue in bball and fball... bleh...

Never thought a team could be more frustrating than iowa football this year but here we are!

Well hey, a quad 1 loss isn’t that bad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News