ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa hosts Purdue at Kinnick Stadium for Homecoming

Nov 8, 2001
Iowa (1-2) vs. Purdue (1-2)

Iowa has 4 wins on the season and Purdue is Happy to be coming off a Homecoming win of their own this past weekend.

Purdue lost their season opener to former Iowa S Jay Norvell's Nevada team. Now, his alma mater hosts the Boilers.

I was in Kinnick two years ago during Jeff Brohm's inaugural season. Now, my daughter will be back in Kinnick for the Homecoming game.

My first Iowa-Purdue game was back in 1971, during the infamous 20 game win/losing streak between Purdue and Iowa.

The Hawkeyes are seeking to end the 2 game streak. QB Nate Stanley is playing in his fourth Iowa-Purdue game. In 2016, saw action in 49-35 win at Purdue as offense rushed for 365 net rushing yards and gained 520 yards total offense . . . completed 2-3 pass attempts for 15 yards at Purdue, with a long of 10 yards. The last two games in the series, the Hawkeyes came up short, like the past two games at Michigan and against Penn State.

Stanley has thrown for over 250 yards the past two games. Despite holding opponents to 10 and 17 points, Iowa has fallen to 1-2 in the Big Ten.

Iowa has gotten some wounded players back.

See you at Kinnick, if you are coming to Iowa City for the game.

Iowa has 4 wins on the season and Purdue is Happy to be coming off a Homecoming win of their own this past weekend.

Purdue lost their season opener to former Iowa S Jay Norvell's Nevada team. Now, his alma mater hosts the Boilers.

I was in Kinnick two years ago during Jeff Brohm's inaugural season. Now, my daughter will be back in Kinnick for the Homecoming game.

My first Iowa-Purdue game was back in 1971, during the infamous 20 game win/losing streak between Purdue and Iowa.

The Hawkeyes are seeking to end the 2 game streak. QB Nate Stanley is playing in his fourth Iowa-Purdue game. In 2016, saw action in 49-35 win at Purdue as offense rushed for 365 net rushing yards and gained 520 yards total offense . . . completed 2-3 pass attempts for 15 yards at Purdue, with a long of 10 yards. The last two games in the series, the Hawkeyes came up short, like the past two games at Michigan and against Penn State.

Stanley has thrown for over 250 yards the past two games. Despite holding opponents to 10 and 17 points, Iowa has fallen to 1-2 in the Big Ten.

This is going to be a very challenging game playing against a very fundamentally sound football team with veterans and the leadership positions. I like where Jack Plummer is right now. I can point to One play in particular which said a lot about his mental focus in-game.There’s a blitz coming and he was just about to get hit and he threw a perfect pass to the outlet receiver I forget who it was coming out of the backfield and instead of being a loss, momentum killer it was a gain and I forget by how much because I just remember how important it was to see him execute with that kind of pressure facing him. I don’t know that I “like our chances in Iowa” but I feel good that these young players or possibly seeing the game slow down a bit. That’s what we need to have a chance

Any chance Epeneza misses the game because he has to study all weekend for a big exam Monday? Perhaps a nice internship opportunity out of town he wants to check out? Be really helpful to Purdue, thanks.

Any chance Epeneza misses the game because he has to study all weekend for a big exam Monday? Perhaps a nice internship opportunity out of town he wants to check out? Be really helpful to Purdue, thanks.
this will be a very tough game w/ them coming off a home loss to psu and it's their HC.

Reactions: Nitwit
Obviously Iowa was going to be favored, but just saw early line was 17 points!
Higher than what I thought it might be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT