ADVERTISEMENT

"injuries"

SCBoiler1

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2014
Great game at the end but for awhile there the "injuries" made it hard to stick with it. The NCAA has to do something about it at some point. Purdue's not the first team to use it as a tactic but it really slows down the game and makes it almost unwatchable.

One of the announcers suggested if the game is stopped, an injured player needs to sit out the rest of the drive. I actually don't think that's a bad idea for both the players health (if they are actually injured) and as a disincentive for faking injuries.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Great game at the end but for awhile there the "injuries" made it hard to stick with it. The NCAA has to do something about it at some point. Purdue's not the first team to use it as a tactic but it really slows down the game and makes it almost unwatchable.

One of the announcers suggested if the game is stopped, an injured player needs to sit out the rest of the drive. I actually don't think that's a bad idea for both the players health (if they are actually injured) and as a disincentive for faking injuries.
I thought it was only one play that is was likely a fake and it wasn’t to slow it down but to give Purdue’s coaches a chance to review the replay. I think Alexander legitimately played hurt and needed to stop. Normally you just substitute but tennessee wasn’t allowing it so the coaches probably said if you need to come out then you need to stay down. Tennessee was doing it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT