ADVERTISEMENT

Impressed by Browne

Beorik

True Freshman
Sep 25, 2019
Small sample size, and had the two ints, but I saw some a qb who was able to make quick decisive decisions and pulled the trigger by running or throwing.

Now I really wish we had given him more playing time in several of the games Card was ineffective.

So was I. I thought he was looking good. No clue why he kept taking him back out. Goes to show last week was a fluke.
I understood the back and forth initially but yeah it was pretty clear he was playing better by halftime. Again this is why you play other qbs when you have the opportunity throughout the year. Maybe this could have been settled before today.

I understood the back and forth initially but yeah it was pretty clear he was playing better by halftime. Again this is why you play other qbs when you have the opportunity throughout the year. Maybe this could have been settled before today.
Our OC absolutely needs fired. Especially if that's his call on switching the QBs. Our goaline offense is a joke. Running goaline from the shotgun gives the defense way to much time to get into the holes.

Browne showed he's a very effective runner. I didn't understand the gameplan however to not incorporate essentially any of the passing game. Its the second ro the last game of the season. How are the backups not more up to speed?

Reactions: pboiler18
What does it matter whether Brown’s a scrambler? He got more carries than Mock and almost as many as Tracy, not a good thing by far from a yards per posession perspective, long term and it didn’t work out today. If we don’t have a passing game, why not at least let the guys whose job it is to run the ball handle that part? The RBs are pretty darn good this year.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
He was a gamer today but he needs a ton of work to be a viable starter. 3rd string practice reps aren’t helping. He needs to be the clear #2 from here on and maybe he can be ready to take over in 25

Reactions: pboiler18
The interceptions thrown by both qb's is high school crap. I hope there is better talent coming in '24

Should have never been passing in that situation. Completely agree.
Yup. That was 2 QB draws and go into halftime. Put him in a bad bad spot that you should t have had ANY QB throwing in. The last INT was bad but it was the last drive of the game trying to make something happen.

Meredith has 0 zip on his passes and is an indecisive runner. Browne throws a good ball and ran well today. Nobody putting the loss at his feet. Firmly on bad FG kicking, bad short yardage play calling and bad calls on offense (like having a freshman throw from his 2 with 20 seconds in a half) or having Meredith play more than a drive or two.

Reactions: rjmpu82 and Beorik
Absolutely NO reason to have your QB run that many times when you have two really good RB in the backfield. Hell he had more carries than Mockabee! Almost as many as Tracy and he was alternating in and out at QB.

Reactions: rjmpu82
It's too bad we didn't get his HS coaching staff (Venice, FL HS) with him in recruitment. They are very successful, and have fed several recruits over the years to the SEC. Power team, second only to the IMG national team in the area.

Yup. That was 2 QB draws and go into halftime. Put him in a bad bad spot that you should t have had ANY QB throwing in. The last INT was bad but it was the last drive of the game trying to make something happen.

Meredith has 0 zip on his passes and is an indecisive runner. Browne throws a good ball and ran well today. Nobody putting the loss at his feet. Firmly on bad FG kicking, bad short yardage play calling and bad calls on offense (like having a freshman throw from his 2 with 20 seconds in a half) or having Meredith play more than a drive or two.
Great post !00% agree

Totally agree that Meridith has no zip. The one or two bubble screens were painful to watch. Slow feet, slow release, slow ball.

CRW doubled down on Slim in his post game interview. He liked his play calling.

Small sample size, and had the two ints, but I saw some a qb who was able to make quick decisive decisions and pulled the trigger by running or throwing.

Now I really wish we had given him more playing time in several of the games Card was ineffective.
Tough to tell. The last QBs I’ve seen throw well against the zone were Oconnell, blough and then.. Orton?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT