ADVERTISEMENT

I'm sick of hearing about eliminating turnovers. Just Play!!!!

SCBoiler1

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2014
You can't run a high risk, high reward offense without accepting some turnovers. I get three interceptions in a half is unacceptable but do you change your offensive philosophy at half time of the first game? Purdue threw 31 passes for 221 yards in the first half against Northwestern and 39 passes for 185 yards in the next six quarters

Drew Brees threw 20 interceptions his sophomore year. Thank God Tiller didn't decide to go in a different direction.

You can't run a high risk, high reward offense without accepting some turnovers. I get three interceptions in a half is unacceptable but do you change your offensive philosophy at half time of the first game? Purdue threw 31 passes for 221 yards in the first half against Northwestern and 39 passes for 185 yards in the next six quarters

Drew Brees threw 20 interceptions his sophomore year. Thank God Tiller didn't decide to go in a different direction.
The issue is that Purdue should have run the ball yestersay 60 times for about 500 yards, eaten the clock, and taken any W it got considering the conditions, imo.

Can’t really blame the conditions all that much though considering EMU threw for a ton of yards.

Purdue is -4 in turnovers for the season. That's a big liability for any team, let alone one with Purdue's talent and inexperience on defense.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Nobody wants turnovers, but if your playing a wide open offense you will have some turnovers. The hope is that you throw two or three touchdown passes for every interception. In Drew Brees' sophomore year Purdue had 30 turnovers and went 9-4.

In my opinion Purdue needs to figure out who they are, stick with it and do it well. Either you trust your system or you don't. I know it was raining Saturday but it didn't stop EM from throwing 34 times for 345 yards. Purdue threw the ball 24 times for 135 yards and I believe a lot of that was because Purdue was trying to avoid turnovers.

There is a balance between playing loose and playing tight. Between playing uninspired and playing over emotional. I think this team is struggling to find that balance. And that tone needs to be set by its leaders/captains.

This is why you see a guy throw 3 picks in one game and then take zero risks the next game. This is why you see guys "over do it" on positive plays (excessive celebrate, late hit) and then appear to take plays off. A lot of this just comes down to maturity and leadership. Some of the biggest brain farts the past two weeks have been by our captains.

Time for the captains to step up and lead.

turnovers and penalties are a sign of poor coaching. I'm not saying Brohm is doing a poor job of coaching, but he or his assistants aren't doing something with this particular group to get through to them.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT