ADVERTISEMENT

if you could have TJD or Edey on your team next year who would take

Mar 3, 2020
TJD would probably be the perfect complement for what you have returning next year. although not as dominate of a scorer as Edey Hes just a tad below him in scoring from the post and drawing doubles. but would solve a lot of your defensive issues against quicker perimeter-oriented teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Edey 100%. He‘s more likable, relatable and marketable. Plus he’s a more dominant player and Momma Edey is a package deal.

If you want to sell guns, crack and abortions then TJD is your guy.

(I can troll too)

Edey 100%. He‘s more likable, relatable and marketable. Plus he’s a more dominant player and Momma Edey is a package deal.

If you want to sell guns, crack and abortions then TJD is your guy.

(I can troll too)
was a legit question., what are you talking about crack and guns?

I'll take the one that doesn't try to show you how bad ass he is by flexing after making a dunk at 6'9"....
Give me the one that shows you how bad ass he is with his quiet play.
wouldn't care about flexing Id care about who would make my team better. Purdue players never flex or stare down people shooting free throws in warmups.

They're both great college players. But I wouldn't dump Edey for Trayce, if that's the question.

Zach Edey has risen from a marginal recruit with just a few years of basketball experience to the consensus national player-of-the-year. He has embraced Purdue and his Purdue teammates. I wouldn't trade him for anybody else, even a very good player like Trayce Jackson-Davis.

Trayce would complement Edey well. I was hoping Kaufman would be used more at the 4 or 3 rather than the 5

Reactions: Purdue0023
I’ll take the one that is considerably younger with more upside who is only 20 instead of a 23 year old.

upside? what upside does Edey have pretty much is what he is which is a great low post college player. do you see him developing an outside game?
He has a nice shooting touch and he could extend his range, but he doesn’t have to reinvent himself to improve. If Steve Scheffler was able to take his post game to another level as a senior, I don’t see why Edey can’t as well.

TJD would probably be the perfect complement for what you have returning next year. although not as dominate of a scorer as Edey Hes just a tad below him in scoring from the post and drawing doubles. but would solve a lot of your defensive issues against quicker perimeter-oriented teams.
Maybe the better question is where would TJD be skill wise if he would have gone to Purdue? Look at what the coaching staff has done with BIGS such as JaJuan, Caleb, and Edey. Food for thought.

• Love
Reactions: northside100
Edey.
TJD has been a 5-year starter surrounded by high-level talent, but never won anything. Edey was surrounded by lesser talent and won a B10 championship his first year as a starter.

I still think a lot of teams would take Edey run until they get stopped and have a automatic in the middle bet Duke Kentucky and Kansas would know what to do with him

He has a nice shooting touch and he could extend his range, but he doesn’t have to reinvent himself to improve. If Steve Scheffler was able to take his post game to another level as a senior, I don’t see why Edey can’t as well.
Completely agree. It would be cool to see him show a jumper but if his jump hook were a little more consistent from 8 to 10 feet he'd be markedly better offensively than he is now. I don't know what AJH's shot chart looked like as a senior but it seemed at the time that he was automatic when he got the ball within 10 feet of the basked. I could easily see the same from Zach.

Maybe the better question is where would TJD be skill wise if he would have gone to Purdue? Look at what the coaching staff has done with BIGS such as JaJuan, Caleb, and Edey. Food for thought.
I don't believe he'd be ay different. Jajuan and Caleb had great college careers but their games didn't translate to the NBA. I suspect TKR and Edey may end up the same.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Are you nuts?? Why would anyone not want the consensus NPOY over someone who has played almost as many years as a “ one year wonder” at IU as Zach Edey has played basketball his entire life?? Hmmmmm…Let me think really hard before answering that one!!

wouldn't care about flexing Id care about who would make my team better. Purdue players never flex or stare down people shooting free throws in warmups.
Well to me the flexing is an “all about me” action.…The going about one‘s business doing their job on the floor and off is an “all about the team and Purdue” action. Not a difficult choice.

Reactions: Abugabby
Are you nuts?? Why would anyone not want the consensus NPOY over someone who has played almost as many years as a “ one year wonder” at IU as Zach Edey has played basketball his entire life?? Hmmmmm…Let me think really hard before answering that one!!
who is a one-year wonder? just because Edey was npoy doesn't mean another player wouldn't be a better fit for your team

Edey and it's not close. NPOY. Great teammate, boiler through and through. Wouldn't even consider it.

who is a one-year wonder? just because Edey was npoy doesn't mean another player wouldn't be a better fit for your team
As much as I harp on TJD for not being able to shoot after four years in college I was very impressed with him this year. He has become an excellent player. I just don't see how he's a better fit than Zach for this Purdue team. I get the argument on defense and I mostly agree, although it's hard to measure the impact that Zach has by dissuading opponents from coming in the lane. TJD is an excellent shot blocker but I've watched a fair amount of IU basketball and I haven't seen opponents completely abandon attacking the rim the way that I have with Zach.

Offensively TJD just doesn't dominate or draw attention in the same way that Zach does. Now Zach's supporting cast needs to take advantage of that by hitting open shots but overall Zach won more games last year with a worse supporting cast than TJD.

Reactions: mathboy
Well to me the flexing is an “all about me” action.…The going about one‘s business doing their job on the floor and off is an “all about the team and Purdue” action. Not a difficult choice.
Too “holier than thou” for me.

Zach Edey routinely let out a massive “RAAUUGGGHH” roar after a dunk with no physical demonstration. Trayce routinely flexed his shoulders, but without saying a word.

And both are fine! As long as the player doesn’t get T’d up it’s a fun and fine part of the game. Both Edey and TJD are good kids, leaders, and teammates.

Reactions: northside100
As much as I harp on TJD for not being able to shoot after four years in college I was very impressed with him this year. He has become an excellent player. I just don't see how he's a better fit than Zach for this Purdue team. I get the argument on defense and I mostly agree, although it's hard to measure the impact that Zach has by dissuading opponents from coming in the lane. TJD is an excellent shot blocker but I've watched a fair amount of IU basketball and I haven't seen opponents completely abandon attacking the rim the way that I have with Zach.

Offensively TJD just doesn't dominate or draw attention in the same way that Zach does. Now Zach's supporting cast needs to take advantage of that by hitting open shots but overall Zach won more games last year with a worse supporting cast than TJD.
have to agree with a lot of what you are saying. TJD does possess the ability to get the ball 15 feet out and get to the rim. and defensively is not a liability when drawn away from the basket. Edey is your guy, so you are probably biased. But if both were coming back next year and were free agents' I'd bet TJD would be more coveted because of his versatility.

Using the same reasoning, how did IU have a one-and-done wunderkind for 5 years often surrounding him with highly rated (at least by IU fans) and win nothing?
you are using logic that I used against someone else's failed logic, like it was my logic. you need to follow along or you will get left behind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT