ADVERTISEMENT

If Carr commits...(class ranking)

Bullwhip Griffith

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2005
Peru IN
And all other classes stay where they are, Purdue should jump from the 34th ranked class to the 26th ranked class (if my math is correct).

And all other classes stay where they are, Purdue should jump from the 34th ranked class to the 26th ranked class (if my math is correct).
I am sure you are talking Rivals, which I am not sure about.

On 247Sports, they said he would move us from 32th to 27th, and we would move up to 5th in the Big Ten.

On 247Sports, they said he would move us from 32th to 27th, and we would move up to 5th in the Big Ten.
I hope class ranking equals national ranking at some point

I am hoping that Austin will officially announce soon too. Maybe he wanted to wait until Carr did?

We need DTs. We are also going after that JUCO DT, but Auburn is starting to look at him too. We can definitely guarantee playing time to good DTs and OL.

Yes using Rivals.

Currently we have 1290 points with 17 recruits.

Carr adds 105 points as a 5.8 rated player along with 21 points for his national ranking.

That’s bumps Purdue to 26.

I am hoping that Austin will officially announce soon too. Maybe he wanted to wait until Carr did?

We need DTs. We are also going after that JUCO DT, but Auburn is starting to look at him too. We can definitely guarantee playing time to good DTs and OL.
How much is Auburn paying? Playing time might not do it.

Yeah it is ridiculous these freshman haven't played well enough to get us ranked to equal their recruiting rankings yet.
I know right! Lately I’ve been coming down hard on my second grader because he can’t do long division like the fifth graders at his school. I mean, addition and subtraction only? Sheesh. He’s never going to get into a good college at this rate. So much for those so called IQ tests that said he is above average.

How much higher does Austin push us?

Past Stanford to class 25. Again this is all other classes have no additions (not likely).

Where it gets interesting is when Purdue gets to commits 22, 23, 24, because depending on their rating, they could push the class higher because Rivals only takes into account the top 20 and with three 2-star commits, a 3-star commit could have a bigger than usual impact

Past Stanford to class 25. Again this is all other classes have no additions (not likely).

Where it gets interesting is when Purdue gets to commits 22, 23, 24, because depending on their rating, they could push the class higher because Rivals only takes into account the top 20 and with three 2-star commits, a 3-star commit could have a bigger than usual impact
I am wondering too if a couple of players could be bumped up a star in the final rankings, like a Sullivan or Hartwig.

Are we at a point where we could agree that class rank really doesn't mean as much as securing the personnel that is needed at given positions???

I am wondering too if a couple of players could be bumped up a star in the final rankings, like a Sullivan or Hartwig.
I think Kaltenberger would be more likely to receive a bump up to a three star rather than Hartwig moving up to 4 star status. Potential there for Washington to get a third as well depending on his film and his stats this season and the same could be said for Kane. It's much easier for a 2* to get bumped to a low 3* vs. a high 3*, like Hartwig, to get a bump to a 4th *.

I thought we weren't going to reach those #s this year?

Are we at a point where we could agree that class rank really doesn't mean as much as securing the personnel that is needed at given positions???

Better be careful. LOTS on this board will criticize for thinking this way. They are worried about recruiting rankings, not a complete roster. Fact is O-Line and D-Line recruiting has not been good - - Minnesota brought in O-lineman that started as freshman and kicked our tail - - yet some on here believe those freshman were magically practicing in the Minnesota program as high schoolers and that is why their O-lineman could contribute as freshman and ours have not been able to do the same.

10/11/2019 at 3:10pm

3d29bx.jpg

with the way brohm manages his recruits/players, we could easily see 3-4 more additions. He's been offering o-line and d-line players the last month in addition to Austin. and the recent interest shown a juco dlineman says he's scouring the jucos once more. and he's looking for talent rather than adding depth. that one juco dlineman was generating interest from Auburn, which has been known to add some premier jucos.

admittedly, this will mean somebody will probably transfer away.

it's time to keep what we've recruited, and add to the harvest.

Our coaching staff has become such a force in the B1G. Got to love what we have in both basketball and football. I know our record looks bad but we continue to recruit at a high level. When this turns we will look back and appreciate what we have. Reminds me a little of our basketball program and now we realize what we have.

Reactions: TheGunner
I thought there were 6 last year? Maybe it depends on which service.

GK
Bell
Wright
Grant
Rice
Fo-sho?

What I like most is the overall average! I’d love to add Austin and a juco lineman. And another olineman. And Spegal just for discussion thread purposes . I know nothing about Spegal but he is becoming a cult favorite like Grady! A must have! I think he might even accept a preferred walk on. We have had a lot of successful walk-ons

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
What I like most is the overall average! I’d love to add Austin and a juco lineman. And another olineman. And Spegal just for discussion thread purposes . I know nothing about Spegal but he is becoming a cult favorite like Grady! A must have! I think he might even accept a preferred walk on. We have had a lot of successful walk-ons
Austin said he is announcing 2 weeks from today.

German for a preferred walk on.

Spegal. It’s sad when he’s done so much but can’t get a MAC or IU offer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT