ADVERTISEMENT

If (as it has been reported on the UofL sites) Brohm agreed long ago to leave Purdue

Trust whose reporting? Matt Jones must have just caught wind of our initial “low” offer which was reported by our insiders a week ago. Things have progressed well beyond that point.

So then Tyra and Brohm have been lying when they say they haven't been in contact?

Sheesh...is there anything UofL does that is on the up and up?

247sports now has David Bell at 83% for Purdue from 73% yesterday. There were 2 analysts that picked Purdue this afternoon, which I find interesting, since Bell does not pick Purdue if Brohm leaves. He also would not follow Brohm to UL. He would end up most likely at PSU or OSU. Just thought I would point that out, since Brohm and staff have been out recruiting, and Bell and Karlaftis would be the first recruits they would get in front of.

Man, some of us really need to chill out. Whether Brohm goes or not is out of our control. We have to accept there is at least a chance he will leave (and I, personally, think it's more likely than not that he will; U of L is his home and alma mater). However, that isn't because anything at Purdue drove him away nor is it because Louisville is necessarily superior in any way other than being Brohm's home. Whether he stays or goes also doesn't mean he's a hero or a classless goat nor does it make Louisville or Purdue a paradise or a pile of #$%!. If he goes, it will certainly appear to be a step back for Purdue, but nothing is written in stone.

Finally, I can't help but laugh at the U of L trolls here. I mean, if Purdue was poaching Louisville's coach, I know I'd use my time to post on their forums and stir the pot as often as possible (/sarcasm). Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :D

Last edited:
I live in Louisville...what has been happening there is a travesty. The university proper and athletics. Almost lost accreditation (should have but was thrown a bone). Provided strippers to underage recruits and being investigated by the FBI...it's...not great.

Yawn

Most of our “issues” are caused by having too many UK supporters in the media/government or jealous backers of other universities determined to tear us down.

Accreditation issue was cause by UK Blue governor Matt Bevin playing politics and dissolving our board.

The “hookers” were nothing more than local girls who the players thought were just regular girls throwing themselves at them like half the girls on campus. This only came to light because an IU booster who was jealous of the success we had dug up the dirt and trumped it up to try to tear us down. This would have never come to light at other places. Our leadership made the mistake of trying to do the right thing and cooperating with the NCAA instead of fighting/denying like UNC did in its fake class scandal. Frankly half the “facts” our previous leadership agreed to in order to try to put that issue to bed are unsubstantiated.

We are a “Johnny come lately” with a powerful in state enemy in UK, so we’ll always have to fight extra hard to earn anything, but make no mistake we will persevere.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Brohm ain't going nowhere... believe me ....book it! He is a Boilermaker for many years to come! Why do you think NC hired Mack Brown so quickly...Cuz they knew Louisville might go after him since their number one choice Brohm is staying at Purdue.

Reactions: Michael6969
Brohm ain't going nowhere... believe me ....book it! He is a Boilermaker for many years to come! Why do you think NC hired Mack Brown so quickly...Cuz they knew Louisville might go after him since their number one choice Brohm is staying at Purdue.
Mack Brown is 67. NFW would they be interested in that retread. He went to UNC because it is his alma mater and he was the HC there before he went to Texas. Not a good take....

I think it shows how much class he has that he and his staff have been out recruiting today on Purdue's dime. Again, if true that he is leaving...then he should've had the decency to leave without recruiting players to another school while Purdue was paying for his travel. If the UofL sites end up being accurate all along, then I guess he'll fit right in with the UofL coaching tree. Classless.
This is one of the worst takes in this entire saga. FFS, talk about an overreaction, this takes the cake. I don't know where you get your info, but step back from the ledge. If this, if that....Sounds like you want him to go. Clueless.

This is one of the worst takes in this entire saga. FFS, talk about an overreaction, this takes the cake. I don't know where you get your info, but step back from the ledge. If this, if that....Sounds like you want him to go. Clueless.
Agreed. Let’s save the venom for IU and (for the moment) Louisville. Not need to concoct a scenario that paints our coach as a bad guy. Even if it is the case the post can wait a day or two for the outcome.

Mack Brown is 67. NFW would they be interested in that retread. He went to UNC because it is his alma mater and he was the HC there before he went to Texas. Not a good take....
Perhaps not, but when Lousiville is down to their 4th or 5th choice you never know. Anyway, I just wanted the Louisville troll to start to worry. I stand by original statement however... Brohm ain't going anywhere anytime soon!

Reactions: Purdue85 and indy35
Once again if there was a deal in place, every national media outlet would be on it because more than likely Louisville Athletic Department wouldn't be able to keep their .mouth shut.
I agree that once the deal is finalized it will come out quickly, but not before then.

Sorry, but Louisville media leaks like a sieve. And Vince Tyra is showing his inexperience as AD in the way he's handled this whole saga. He's not done well.
Given the inevitable microscope Vince and Jeff were going to be under, I’m surprised you think that. So much has happened that the media is unaware of. In what way do you think he could have handled it better, while still landing Brohm?

Given the inevitable microscope Vince and Jeff were going to be under, I’m surprised you think that. So much has happened that the media is unaware of. In what way do you think he could have handled it better, while still landing Brohm?
If you are so plugged into the contract negotiations you should have no problem detailing it here.

Also name names because that just shows validity to your claims and they shouldn’t mind since it is a done deal.

Lol - ok. If anything Purdue fans are showing their inexperience in the way they’ve handled this whole saga.

How totally funny!

Last I checked, you guys infected our board first, not the other way around.

If you guys were so "experienced," why would you feel the need to come over here to gloat and taunt like a bunch of 6 year olds?

IMWTK

If you are so plugged into the contract negotiations you should have no problem detailing it here.

Also name names because that just shows validity to your claims and they shouldn’t mind since it is a done deal.

Above I linked a 9 day old thread containing the info that Matt Jones “broke” today regarding Louisville’s “low” initial offer. The fact that the media is 9 days behind tells you all you need to know.

Above I linked a 9 day old thread containing the info that Matt Jones “broke” today regarding Louisville’s “low” initial offer. The fact that the media is 9 days behind tells you all you need to know.

So let me get this straight. You are claiming that UL made an offer to Brohm even before our final game? And before seeking permission to even talk to Brohm?

Last I checked, that is tampering, plain and simple. And apparently it is all you need to know about UL's ethics, huh?

Sigh...

I’m just going to echo DickPepperfield’s sentiment and leave it at that. It’s clear that most on this board have no experience with seeing another school trying to hire away a successful coach.

Sigh...

I’m just going to echo DickPepperfield’s sentiment and leave it at that. It’s clear that most on this board have no experience with seeing another school trying to hire away a successful coach.
No, whats clear is, nobody knows if an offer has even been made. It could all be wishful thinking. No confirmation on anything. Could all be a ruse.

So let me get this straight. You are claiming that UL made an offer to Brohm even before our final game? And before seeking permission to even talk to Brohm?

Last I checked, that is tampering, plain and simple. And apparently it is all you need to know about UL's ethics, huh?
Lol - “tampering”. It’s amazing how clueless some of you are.

Lol - “tampering”. It’s amazing how clueless some of you are.

Courtesy of the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Tamper
transitive verb
: to carry on underhand or improper negotiations

I understand that, since you are so busy soiling our boards with your boastful speculations, you might not have the precious time with which to discover a "dictionary." Pick one up sometime. It might help with some remedial education that UL apparently did not provide you.

lol

Reactions: Michael6969
I’m sure it makes you feel better to think that, but I can assure you it is not reality.

Look....you already had him there as the OC and were stupid ( sorry but no other word comes to mind) enough to force him to leave...and as a scapegoat for someone elses bad job. I cannot even imagine being so stupid as to can Brohm to a non-coaching position in essence forcing him to leave. Then you rehire and then fire his mentor.... Louisville is lucky he is even answering your phone calls- but he seems to be a good guy so.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT