ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone is wondering why the audio of the Volleyball game has not started...

Purdue decimated Loyola Chicago in the first set 25-14 and it was never really close. Lourdès Myers saw her first action of her career as a redshirt sophomore. Eva Hudson leads in kills with 6 and hitting % over 0,800. Maddie Schermerhorn is libero as she was yesterday and leads in digs.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Closely contested 2nd set which was tied 23-23 and then the Boilers reeled off two straight points for the win. They trailed by as much as 3.

They now lead 2 sets to nil. Freshman Eva Hudson still leading with a total of 8 kills and Maddie Koch has 2 blocks including the set winner.

Again a hotly contested set in which Purdue was behind for most of it. But the Boilers won the set 25-19 and the match 3-0. Tough turn-around for the Boilers as they play Tennessee in 2 1/2 hours. Coach Shondell said he was especially pleased with the performance of Maddie Koch and Ali Hornung. Purdue hitting % was 0.294 vs 0,073 for Loyola which was a huge difference.

We will see if the Boilers can bring home the trophy in.a few hours.

What's the status on Ellis? Is she hurt? I thought she would see a lot of playing time this season.

What's the status on Ellis? Is she hurt? I thought she would see a lot of playing time this season.
I just posted in the other volleyball thread that Ellis did not look injured in any clips I saw and the Kyle Shondell, the radio announcer, did not mention anything like that - at least that I heard. Competition for the front line this year will be very difficult.

She played in 2 of the 3 sets in their second match against Loyola Chicago but not in the other two games. So maybe there is an injury.. But in the video taken after they won she was dancing around and smiling. (see below)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT