ADVERTISEMENT

I like to see Peyton be the next GM for Colts

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Changing gears a little bit, I like to see Peyton Manning be the next GM for the Colts. They are really struggling right now and I think he would be a good fit. He is very football smart and if Elway can do it then why not Peyton? Thoughts?

Changing gears a little bit, I like to see Peyton Manning be the next GM for the Colts. They are really struggling right now and I think he would be a good fit. He is very football smart and if Elway can do it then why not Peyton? Thoughts?

Would he even want to do it? Talk about a guy that can do just about anything he wants. He doesn't need the money and he has the skills and work ethic to be successful at many things. Even if he did want to do it, I'm not sure if GM is the first step anyone should take. You'd likely want someone like him to work daily under an experienced, successful GM for a few seasons before elevating him to be the GM. At least those are my thoughts.

Would he even want to do it? Talk about a guy that can do just about anything he wants. He doesn't need the money and he has the skills and work ethic to be successful at many things. Even if he did want to do it, I'm not sure if GM is the first step anyone should take. You'd likely want someone like him to work daily under an experienced, successful GM for a few seasons before elevating him to be the GM. At least those are my thoughts.
Polian said earlier this year that he thought Peyton was ready to be a GM "immediately", because he's a "football nerd".

Can't be any worse than Grigson, right?

Polian said earlier this year that he thought Peyton was ready to be a GM "immediately", because he's a "football nerd".

Can't be any worse than Grigson, right?

Grigson just isn't the man for the job. It will be interesting to see what happens if the Colts continue to have a bad season.

Reactions: DG10
I think the perfect guy to be GM for the Colts would be Jeff Saturday. Peyton would be an excellent Offensive Consultant. Imagine him setting up the offense, film sessions, and gameday strategies to attack defenses.

Not sure that he would want to do it, especially right now in that he just retired and seems to be enjoying that and the time with his family.

The Colts would be crazy to not have him back and actively involved if he has even a slight interest...that said, the Colts have done a lot of crazy things.

Grigson has unfortunately not been good at all, and for that matter, neither has Pagano...Pagano's most successful year ironically was the year that he was unable to coach, it was Arians that actually provided his best/most successful year.

Irsay is getting what he deserves though...karma if you will...and more so in that he had the opportunity to fire Grigson (and/or Pagano) and was talked out of it, and he ultimately may end up doing it anyway, but during the season.

Grigson just isn't the man for the job. It will be interesting to see what happens if the Colts continue to have a bad season.
Grigson has really fallen in peoples' eyes. It was not along ago that people were talking about how Purdue had missed out in having him involved with our program.

Grigson has really fallen in peoples' eyes. It was not along ago that people were talking about how Purdue had missed out in having him involved with our program.
I'm not on the kill Grigson bandwagon yet. I think the biggest issue has been Head Coach. He is about average FA and a mixed bag with trades. People like to bitch about the oline, but it has developed from complete garbage to average. Everyone acts like starting oline men are just a phone call away, but I haven't heard anybody point to a grigson missed opportunity yet. The real issue with the line is the play calling. You can't keep having luck drop back for 20 seconds and expect him to not get hit or banged up.

The colts best year after Manning was with Arians at the helm, if anything that points at Pags being the problem. The fact the colts always have a 4th qtr comeback points that Pags is the problem.

I'm not on the kill Grigson bandwagon yet. I think the biggest issue has been Head Coach. He is about average FA and a mixed bag with trades. People like to bitch about the oline, but it has developed from complete garbage to average. Everyone acts like starting oline men are just a phone call away, but I haven't heard anybody point to a grigson missed opportunity yet. The real issue with the line is the play calling. You can't keep having luck drop back for 20 seconds and expect him to not get hit or banged up.

The colts best year after Manning was with Arians at the helm, if anything that points at Pags being the problem. The fact the colts always have a 4th qtr comeback points that Pags is the problem.
Wow, really a missed Grigson opportunity ? He has screwed everything up from trades to FA. Only positive mark on his side is the V.Davis trade. A lot of his draft picks are questionable, especially having one whole draft class not on the roster anymore says all you need to know.

Wow, really a missed Grigson opportunity ? He has screwed everything up from trades to FA. Only positive mark on his side is the V.Davis trade. A lot of his draft picks are questionable, especially having one whole draft class not on the roster anymore says all you need to know.
Spent his 2013 and 2014 first round picks on Trent Richardson and Bjorn woerner, who are both already out of football.

Irsay goes to bed each night regretting his decision. He should have gotten rid of them when he had the chance.

He's the guy who traded a 1st-RD pick for Trent Richardson and picked Bjorn Werner in the 1st RD, I don't know how this forgiveable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT