ADVERTISEMENT

I know everyone is mad but

Oct 15, 2011
does anyone think that those 5 or 6 15 yard penalties in the fourth are shady. The line moved from a plus 2 to a plus 3.5 by game time. Money was on BG. It sure looked like someone wanted bg to cover. Hands to face can be called about as often as holding. The call on the quarterback hit after he ran for 12 and semi slid into the Purdue tackler was terrible. I know I will get slammed but it looked awful. BTW Griggs cost me $. If defense holds for fg at end I woulda still won. I want the boilers to win though

does anyone think that those 5 or 6 15 yard penalties in the fourth are shady. The line moved from a plus 2 to a plus 3.5 by game time. Money was on BG. It sure looked like someone wanted bg to cover. Hands to face can be called about as often as holding. The call on the quarterback hit after he ran for 12 and semi slid into the Purdue tackler was terrible. I know I will get slammed but it looked awful. BTW Griggs cost me $. If defense holds for fg at end I woulda still won. I want the boilers to win though
Put the tin foil away.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
QB late hit call was awful, but he had the first down anyway. And we weren't going to stop them, penalties or not, with our "bend, bend, and then break" defense anyway.

All I can say is,in 50 plus years of watching football ,I don't ever recall 5 or 6 15 yard penalties called on one team in the fourth quarter.This team keeps finding unusual ways to lose.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
your only pissed because you lost money and not because Purdue lost and the H.C. doesn`t belong on the sidelines
I am pissed because I lost in a "Purdue" way. Not only should we have won, but I should have covered with the 2 Griggs misses. The penalties are what gets me. I have never seen so much against one team like that. The flag on our pick 6 was questionable at best as well but not like the others

Oh no! It's a conspiracy theory! Too funny.
Winning is a mentality. It has to be learned. These guys have to learn to finish. How many close games have they been in over the last couple of years?? Griggs is used to kicking meaningless kicks in blowout games. You can't simulate game pressure in practice. Hopefully this experience pays off in another close game down the road. If not, find a new kicker!
And yes, I do believe that was Elvis that I saw in the stands yesterday!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Watched it over and they were all legit calls and the one on the QB is too IF the college rule states beginning to slide and not actually on the turf!

Watched it over and they were all legit calls and the one on the QB is too IF the college rule states beginning to slide and not actually on the turf!
Sorry fat Jack but the one on QB was shady tackler approaching a runner, already in tackling mode and Qb attempts a half assed slide into the tackler no way. I didn't think the BG player was targeting in first half either. It was brutal but I didn't see the intent. Im all for safety but it is football. Maybethe hands to the face were legit but really we start doing it against BG not VT. The neon gloves thing has some merit

Sorry fat Jack but the one on QB was shady tackler approaching a runner, already in tackling mode and Qb attempts a half assed slide into the tackler no way. I didn't think the BG player was targeting in first half either. It was brutal but I didn't see the intent. Im all for safety but it is football. Maybethe hands to the face were legit but really we start doing it against BG not VT. The neon gloves thing has some merit
Close calls all, agreed. However...the players know that targeting is a "point of emphasis" this season and they should play appropriately. To not be aware of this? Coaching....

I am pissed because I lost in a "Purdue" way. Not only should we have won, but I should have covered with the 2 Griggs misses. The penalties are what gets me. I have never seen so much against one team like that. The flag on our pick 6 was questionable at best as well but not like the others
Serves you right for being dumb enough to bet money on this train wreck.

Rules are what they despite what we think! Definite blow to the head on BG on purpose or not also!

A ref who is on the take is not going to draw attention to himself with phony calls in crunch time, and certainly not five of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT