ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t care WHAT happens against OSU

BoilerFYF

Senior
Sep 22, 2018
We were 0-3. We lost to Eastern Michigan. I feared losing recruits .. I didn’t see how we’d get to six wins. It looked like our offense wasn’t moving and we were playing and coaching not to lose. I didn’t know if we had linebackers other than bailey, a pass rush at all (with or without the DEs) or outside receivers.

Now, we are 3-3, the offense looks like it can score SOME on anyone. Blough is playing like a man possessed. Zico and Hopkins have emerged as consistent threats to really hurt the opposing D, we are getting to the QB, however we can.. and Cornel Jones looks like a player. Oh, AND we aren’t shooting our selves in the face and blowing wins with penalties.

I’m hoping for a win. I think we have a chance. However, if the national media comes in here and kisses OSUs Rear and predicts a double digit win, and they’re right?? Guess what..

If we play like we should v Minny and IU that’s 5, with a chance for the 6th against three teams that have looked vulnerable in MSU, Iowa and wisky...

Too early into the Brohm era to get hurt if we don’t beat OSU.

I don’t know that we can beat O$U, They are really really good. Watching the game today we get beat very often deep, that’s going to be a problem. Their receivers are not going to drop passes like happened today. We just need to not drop passes ourselves like we did so many times today. But we are due for one very focused football game as a team. Anything is possible especially when you’re playing at home. Boiler up!

Reactions: Frankie611
I don’t know that we can beat O$U, They are really really good. Watching the game today we get beat very often deep, that’s going to be a problem. Their receivers are not going to drop passes like happened today. We just need to not drop passes ourselves like we did so many times today. But we are due for one very focused football game as a team. Anything is possible especially when you’re playing at home. Boiler up!

I’ve seen worse Purdue teams beat OSU at home

I’ve seen worse Purdue teams beat OSU at home

Yes but the last two times we beat OSU we had a great D-lineman who played heroically and beat their O-line single-handedly: the first one was Ryan Kerrigan and the second one was Kawaan Short. We do not have anyone like that this year, and Urban Meyer is not someone who’d play conservatively against us. I wouldn’t bet my money on our win against them, at least not this year.

Yes but the last two times we beat OSU we had a great D-lineman who played heroically and beat their O-line single-handedly: the first one was Ryan Kerrigan and the second one was Kawaan Short. We do not have anyone like that this year, and Urban Meyer is not someone who’d play conservatively against us. I wouldn’t bet my money on our win against them, at least not this year.

You’re focusing on one line and forgetting the rest of the post. You don’t think we have a chance? Ok. We disagree..

You’re focusing on one line and forgetting the rest of the post. You don’t think we have a chance? Ok. We disagree..

Oh I think we have a chance. That’s what I love about having Brohm and Holt. We’ll always have a chance against anyone. I was just pointing out that we lack that one star defense player who slowed down their offense alone like we did last time. Realistically the odds are stacked against us. So while I hope, I wouldn’t bet any real money on us this year. Next year with all those good recruits? Maybe.

Oh I think we have a chance. That’s what I love about having Brohm and Holt. We’ll always have a chance against anyone. I was just pointing out that we lack that one star defense player who slowed down their offense alone like we did last time. Realistically the odds are stacked against us. So while I hope, I wouldn’t bet any real money on us this year. Next year with all those good recruits? Maybe.
You are both right, we have a chance and we have a chance because of our coaching staff and their willingness to adapt in game.

Reactions: chiboiler7
I want us to compete for 60 minutes and leave the game with no injuries.
I’ll take the same thing. I really like this team, I like this coaching staff. Everyone is worried about the coach and the coaching staff leaving in the future. I’m enjoying today. One of my business partners is the CEO of the company that designs the plans like Michigan and Alabama creative for Coach Harbaugh and Coach Saban for their contract extensions. Those contracts are so big, and massive on the backend for the coach and the coaching staff that you can’t afford to leave. The tax free component of the life insurance anytime the coaches were to take with drawls are ridiculous, most people don’t understand this side of investing. It’s part of pension law and has been for a long time.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ion-raise-michigan/1ed7hsfs8tzgs1n2uputubheyr

Reactions: KJBBoiler
OSU has a big O-Line and will run at will against us. It will be their ball control against our big plays. Ball control usually wins those games. They may be able to limit our big plays as well because of their defense.

Reactions: chiboiler7
OSU is obviously one of the most talented teams in the country. They are expected to be in the college playoffs. However, for the last 2 weeks, we have had 7 top ten teams get beat. It can be done. We have to play an error free game and cannot beat ourselves. We need to execute our game plan, and I assume Brohm is really going to bring out the trick plays for this game. It will be an exciting environment being at home.

We have done it before. I was at the 2009 upset of #7 OSU and rushed the field after the game. Looking forward to the game.

OSU has a big O-Line and will run at will against us. It will be their ball control against our big plays. Ball control usually wins those games. They may be able to limit our big plays as well because of their defense.
Sorry but that is a terrible scouting report on OSU. They have been more dependent on the passing game this year than even we have.

Reactions: pboiler18
Sorry but that is a terrible scouting report on OSU. They have been more dependent on the passing game this year than even we have.

And that’s good news. Haskins is not a guy who would get results like blough.. throwing to two star outside receivers. He is another big program quarterback who would look pretty average if you dropped him on a lot of teams. And to me he looks fat.

Hope you can enjoy doing it again Saturday!
I wish. If they would win, I won't be rushing the field. I will have to catch the game on tv and rush out to my backyard, if we win. Unfortunately with the late start time, and being about 3 1/2 hours away, I had to sell my tickets to this game.

We were 0-3. We lost to Eastern Michigan. I feared losing recruits .. I didn’t see how we’d get to six wins. It looked like our offense wasn’t moving and we were playing and coaching not to lose. I didn’t know if we had linebackers other than bailey, a pass rush at all (with or without the DEs) or outside receivers.

Now, we are 3-3, the offense looks like it can score SOME on anyone. Blough is playing like a man possessed. Zico and Hopkins have emerged as consistent threats to really hurt the opposing D, we are getting to the QB, however we can.. and Cornel Jones looks like a player. Oh, AND we aren’t shooting our selves in the face and blowing wins with penalties.

I’m hoping for a win. I think we have a chance. However, if the national media comes in here and kisses OSUs Rear and predicts a double digit win, and they’re right?? Guess what..

If we play like we should v Minny and IU that’s 5, with a chance for the 6th against three teams that have looked vulnerable in MSU, Iowa and wisky...

Too early into the Brohm era to get hurt if we don’t beat OSU.
This is OUR time and OUR field. As you mentioned, we are not shooting ourselves in the face or FOOT. I feel much better about this game than a month ago. Purdue can win this game!

Last edited:
This is OUR time and OUR field. As you mentioned, we are not shooting ourselves in the face or FOOT. I feel much better about this game than a month ago. Purdue can win this game!

Yeah, I do also. But, even if we don’t, to me there’s no one who isn’t vulnerable left, and id say if we keep doing what we’ve been doing, we can get three for sure and have a shot at 5.

And then next year we will begin having flushed most of the hazell out.

Wisconsin is not the daunting & dominating rushing team as they have been. Not sure of the what and why's (O-Line, Taylor, etc), but they are vulnerable as well. Highly probable of 3-4 more wins in the next 6 games. I'm not saying which ones just yet. Each week is different with injuries and ups/downs of teams as they progress thru the Big Ten schedule.

Last edited:
Not really. one of their glaring weakness this year has been their subpar ground attack which is out of character for them. They're also giving up big plays on defense and have their coaches and fans concerned. Of course, if you listen to their fan base the sky is falling yet they're still undefeated and ranked no. 2. Poor Buckeyes.

Reactions: mathboy
And that’s good news. Haskins is not a guy who would get results like blough.. throwing to two star outside receivers. He is another big program quarterback who would look pretty average if you dropped him on a lot of teams. And to me he looks fat.

Haskins is the best qb in the conference not named mcsorely

Haskins is the best qb in the conference not named mcsorely

I don’t believe that. I think he’s another QB who would be meh throwing to Isaac Zico and Terry Wright on the outsides, but he’s got nothing but elite recruits. If he was just that good, Indiana and Minnesota would have been dusted from the jump.

But we will see. If I’m wrong I’ll own it.

I don’t believe that. I think he’s another QB who would be meh throwing to Isaac Zico and Terry Wright on the outsides, but he’s got nothing but elite recruits. If he was just that good, Indiana and Minnesota would have been dusted from the jump.

You openly said you don’t watch other teams

So far this season only 7 QBs have thrown for at least 1650 yds & 10 TDs while completing at least 68% of their passes. 2 of those 7 QBs will be playing in Ross-Ade on Saturday.

Fm09we7.jpg

So far this season only 7 QBs have thrown for at least 1650 yds & 10 TDs while completing at least 68% of their passes. 2 of those 7 QBs will be playing in Ross-Ade on Saturday.

Fm09we7.jpg

Man imagine how many yards and TD Blpugh would have if they switched teams.

When I think of QBs like Haskins, and I don’t give a flying F what anyone says about him, I think of ... if Steve bellasari was on Purdue and Brees was on Ohio State.

Sorry ass Buckeyes QBs who have nothing but four and five star backs and receivers

When I think of QBs like Haskins, and I don’t give a flying F what anyone says about him, I think of ... if Steve bellasari was on Purdue and Brees was on Ohio State.

Sorry ass Buckeyes QBs who have nothing but four and five star backs and receivers

So you’re making a determination on a guy based on other’s past performance under different coaches.

LOL!

Haskins does a lot of throwing the ball downfield and letting McLaren and Campbell run under the ball in single coverage. Doesn’t make him a great QB....

But every time a QB gets enough time to do just that, Purdue hasn’t had a lot of success on defense.

Haskins does a lot of throwing the ball downfield and letting McLaren and Campbell run under the ball in single coverage. Doesn’t make him a great QB....

But every time a QB gets enough time to do just that, Purdue hasn’t had a lot of success on defense.

I honestly think purdue will have Jones heavy on the run and then wide out their linebackers so that the safeties and corners have less to worry about underneath. And if we lose.. F it, we are supposed to get our asses kicked..

I’ll take the same thing. I really like this team, I like this coaching staff. Everyone is worried about the coach and the coaching staff leaving in the future. I’m enjoying today. One of my business partners is the CEO of the company that designs the plans like Michigan and Alabama creative for Coach Harbaugh and Coach Saban for their contract extensions. Those contracts are so big, and massive on the backend for the coach and the coaching staff that you can’t afford to leave. The tax free component of the life insurance anytime the coaches were to take with drawls are ridiculous, most people don’t understand this side of investing. It’s part of pension law and has been for a long time.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ion-raise-michigan/1ed7hsfs8tzgs1n2uputubheyr
Not to derail this thread, but everyone should consider a Variable Universal Life policy as part of your retirement strategy, particularly folks who max out their 401k withholding and are deferring income.

Well my Crystal Ball says the score will be 34 to 31...….

It hasn't said who will win yet but that it will be a close exciting game with both teams leading the game at some point..

Says lots of running the ball by Purdue and lots of TE plays down the middle to keep the OSU defense from blitzing every play and miss direction from Purdue with Jackson and Moore to also keep them a step behind.

I think it should be a great game and as long as Purdue doesn't fall behind too much when OSU tries to put the pedal down in the second half and we take that punch and counter strike we can pull this win out.

DB's and LB's will need to play strong, limit the big plays and get some turnovers to win this one...…

I think the crystal ball will say Purdue come Saturday morning.....

Stay tuned.....

Well my Crystal Ball says the score will be 34 to 31...….

It hasn't said who will win yet but that it will be a close exciting game with both teams leading the game at some point..

Says lots of running the ball by Purdue and lots of TE plays down the middle to keep the OSU defense from blitzing every play and miss direction from Purdue with Jackson and Moore to also keep them a step behind.

I think it should be a great game and as long as Purdue doesn't fall behind too much when OSU tries to put the pedal down in the second half and we take that punch and counter strike we can pull this win out.

DB's and LB's will need to play strong, limit the big plays and get some turnovers to win this one...…

I think the crystal ball will say Purdue come Saturday morning.....

Stay tuned.....
Yeah, the key this week will not to allow OSU get ahead...although Purdue is sort of built to be able to play from behind as showed against Missouri. I'm going to guess that Brohm will try to hold OSU on their first drive, throw the kitchen sink at them offensively to get a TD, Holt throws the kitchen sink to hold them the second drive, and then Brohm thros a second kitchen sink to get up 14-0. If you can make OSU play from behind and get Brohm in the driver's seat to dictate tempo and scheme, that's at his advantage in almost every situation.

No idea what will happen Sat night. But, if you're a Purdue fan, you can have much better circumstances than we're going to get.
1) Night game
2) Prime time TV
3) Sold out stadium (granted, 15+% OSU fans)
4) QB playing lights out
5) Offense clicking
6) D improving
7) Team is playing well, playing with confidence, lot of momentum
8) Game changer in Moore

Like I said, as a PU fan, you can't ask for a better situation to face OSU.

No idea what will happen Sat night. But, if you're a Purdue fan, you can have much better circumstances than we're going to get.
1) Night game
2) Prime time TV
3) Sold out stadium (granted, 15+% OSU fans)
4) QB playing lights out
5) Offense clicking
6) D improving
7) Team is playing well, playing with confidence, lot of momentum
8) Game changer in Moore

Like I said, as a PU fan, you can't ask for a better situation to face OSU.
Good point in #8. I know another poster said when Purdue has beaten OSU, it was because of a game changer at the DE or DT position....this year it just so happens the game changer is on the offensive side of the ball. Moore is the kind of player that can make those plays against any one in the country. I think there are some things that Brohm has schematically that will help Moore out against OSU, but I'll have to take a look back at an OSU game from this season to see what type of coverage OSU plays towards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT