ADVERTISEMENT

I could be wrong

Rodeopepper

All-American
Oct 17, 2010
Bobo may get forced to ditch Walters at the end of the season. This is an absolute disaster of a coaching job. Not that Purdue hasn’t seen this before but we are definitely in a new era of college football. We may very well be in a fight for the right to be in the BIG in a few years. Yeah yeah we are a founding member but that means D!(£ when $ are on the line.

Bobo may get forced to ditch Walters at the end of the season. This is an absolute disaster of a coaching job. Not that Purdue hasn’t seen this before but we are definitely in a new era of college football. We may very well be in a fight for the right to be in the BIG in a few years. Yeah yeah we are a founding member but that means D!(£ when $ are on the line.
Relegated to FCS. We aren’t even good enough for the MAC. Too soft.

Can we ditch him after this game?

Reactions: mklinker
Why wait that long?
Historically firing a coach before you let him get his system in place is a bad move as it sends a message to the next coach that the hook is coming sooner than you need to fix things. But ….. but …. How does this transfer portal change things? NIL puts us at a disadvantage (which is ridiculous considering BIG $’s). IMO cut everything you can that doesn’t make football or basketball better. We are in a fight for our life right now …. Mark my words.

Only if we can ditch the whole coaching staff.

They all need to head to like division 3 or something and learn how to coach before trying the big leagues again.

Giving a guy with as thin of a resume as Walters the key to the kingdom in a Big Ten program just wasn't a very smart move. It reeked of being cheap and uncommitted to the program after coming off a Big Ten Championship game appearance.

If we go 1-11 absolutely. If we go 3-9 and win at home against northwestern and beat indiana than no way.

When teams are this bad and you are on a second year coach usually you can identify the issue and address it like a coordinator or change QBs. There just isn’t a silver bullet here the whole situation is bad…

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
If we go 1-11 absolutely. If we go 3-9 and win at home against northwestern and beat indiana than no way.

When teams are this bad and you are on a second year coach usually you can identify the issue and address it like a coordinator or change QBs. There just isn’t a silver bullet here the whole situation is bad…
What on earth gives you thought that we can beat IU and Northwestern?

Last edited:
What on earth give you thought that we can beat IU and Northwestern?
We can beat them. Will we? Probably not. Northwestern is pretty bad ESPN predictor is pretty accurate and has 49% chance of nearing northwestern. It’s a coin flip. Indiana it’s only 7.5%. I only say indiana since it’s end of season and rivalry game. Basically he has a 4% chance of keeping his job… lol

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
The fact that we have seen this level of poor coaching is helpful and should remind us to act sooner instead of later......

The fact that we have seen this level of poor coaching is helpful and should remind us to act sooner instead of later......
Good call. But I’m not sure this is true.

Meaning- this program has reached a new all time low. At least in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Yeah but I remember being at this point at the same time with Hazell. It took another year to cut the cord. That was a different AD but same university so I’m guessing we will see a similar path to the next coach.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Yeah but I remember being at this point at the same time with Hazell. It took another year to cut the cord. That was a different AD but same university so I’m guessing we will see a similar path to the next coach.
Doubtful. Timelines are different now with the transfer portal. If we keep this coach, any talent we do have will leave.

Time to cut bait.

We are definitely in a different time than when Hazell was at the helm. Transfer portal and NIL have changed the landscape. Either we try to compete or we risk being left behind.

If Walters stays, next year’s team would be lucky to beat a Division 2 team with the max exodus of any remaining talent leaving. We will continue to get these sounds good of transfers of UGA and UT. True be told, these colleges wanted the spots opened up to get better players.

Doubtful. Timelines are different now with the transfer portal. If we keep this coach, any talent we do have will leave.

Time to cut bait.
Lots of guys are going to leave either way. But there is no way they are bringing this coach back. Basically it was going to take an epic disaster beyond comprehension for him to be fired after 2 years and he somehow managed to do it

Time to cut bait.
“Timelines are different” ……. Not sure I understand where your expertise is coming from. Not saying your wrong but things are changing so fast I don’t know how you can make this claim other than “speculation”.

“Timelines are different” ……. Not sure I understand where your expertise is coming from. Not saying your wrong but things are changing so fast I don’t know how you can make this claim other than “speculation”.
If you were a good player, why would you want to play for this coach? What’s he doing to showcase anything about any of his players games? If he’s our coach next year, people will leave and recruits will continue to decommit.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
If the administration was competent they’d at least be discussing where to go from here. We’ve seen enough to know the rest of the season is going to be a mess. Start prepping for Walters exit and figure out how to pay the $9 million. May want to hire a coach with some sort of head coaching track record. What irritates me the most is Purdue can compete but we continually shoot our selves in the foot with bad hires but act like we want to compete.

If the administration was competent they’d at least be discussing where to go from here. We’ve seen enough to know the rest of the season is going to be a mess. Start prepping for Walters exit and figure out how to pay the $9 million. May want to hire a coach with some sort of head coaching track record. What irritates me the most is Purdue can compete but we continually shoot our selves in the foot with bad hires but act like we want to compete.
This is fairly accurate. But this is the same argument I’ve heard since 2009. After watching Michigan flounder for a decade I’ve realized it has to be the right AD and the university behind them for things to start changing. Purdue has too many bitter academics running the show that are still playing HS games. When they start playing chess with the athletic department instead of against it something might change.

The people who actually know something about football predicted Purdue would win 3-4 games maximum. Purdue is on schedule to match their preseason predictions. I don’t know why so many Purdue fans are upset! Were you expecting. More than the predictions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT